Calendar Permissions Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

djborn

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Our company has Exchange Server 2007 SP1 and clients throughout user Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010.

We have a board room calendar setup, and shared with 2 people setup as Publishing Editors and the Default is setup as a Reviewer. We want everyone to be able to see the calendar appointments, the date/time and content is fine if everyone sees it. BUT, no one else is allowed to enter information on the calendar except for the 2 Publishing Editors.

Here is the problem -

If someone using Outlook 2003 or 2007 has the shared calendar opened in their Outlook, and if they try to add a meeting/appointment, they get an access denied error message. This is normal, and the way it should work.

However if users have Outlook 2010, they are able to ADD appointments to the calendar, even though no permission settings are setup for them. What's even weirder, is that after the user enters the meeting, he cant delete it, he gets a permission/access denied error message.

I checked the Exchange server permissions and cant find anything that would allow this user, or users of Outlook 2010 to be able to enter data. I also checked the calendar properties, and all it shows is the default as a reviewer and 2 people setup as publishing editors. I also made sure no one has delegate control of this account.

Any suggestions?

mwhalen

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I'm puzzling over this. Nothing really jumps out at me, but I do have the following thoughts:

1. Are the added appointments actually making it onto the calendar? In other words, can you see them via OWA or some other non-cached source?

2. Do you have an unusual Full Access or Send As permissions on the room?

3. I don't have an Exchange 2007 box is look at this, but in 2010 you also set permissions via policies. Is that the same in 2007? I've attached a pic to show you what I mean.Capture.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Change calendar permissions in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 9
D Outlook 2007 & 2010 calendar permissions Using Outlook 2
S Exchange resource calendar permissions and Outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 9
R Permissions on a users own Outlook calendar Using Outlook 2
G Exvhange Calendar permissions Exchange Server Administration 1
P Calendar permissions query Using Outlook 1
N Public Folder Calendar Permissions Exchange Server Administration 4
Britonius Admin cannot view full room calendar permissions Using Outlook 8
N Calendar Permissions - Delegates - View Title Only Using Outlook 2
E Shared Calendar Permissions Exchange Server Administration 4
P Shared Calendar Permissions Using Outlook 3
R calendar default permissions - several related questions Using Outlook 1
L Meeting Room calendar permissions? Using Outlook 7
B Exchange Availabilty - Cross-Forest/Trusted - Calendar Permissions Using Outlook 3
M Upgrading from Office 2003 to 2007 Ent, calendar permissions lost? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K UDF with formula not showing on Calendar custom view. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Calendar - appointment templates and categories Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 3
P Categorize in Calendar not listed under tags in Office 365 (Office 2016) Using Outlook 5
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Weekend View in Calendar Using Outlook 1
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
A Birthdays from .csv to Calendar - arriving day behind Using Outlook 5
C Put Day of Year into Outlook Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
C Outlook Calendar Using Outlook 1
L Deleting Office 365 calendar appt w/o emailing invitees Using Outlook 3
sahameed82 SharePoint calendar directly open in Outlook Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
TomHuckstep Outlook 2016 Limit the number of days syncing from Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
Jennifer Murphy Add birthdays to calendar Using Outlook 7
M Creating an RSS Feed **FROM** Outlook 2013 Calendar. Using Outlook 5
K Accentuating today in Outlook calendar month view Using Outlook 2
S outlook 2007 calendar search Using Outlook 6
V iCloud calendar sync problems Using Outlook 13
J Copy to calendar function no longer working in outlook 365 Using Outlook 5
T why are the calendar icons different for different accounts Using Outlook 2
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
M move to iCloud not working in outlook calendar Using Outlook 12
C Shading every other week on monthly calendar Using Outlook 4
cricket1001 Problems with calendar syncing Using Outlook 0
cricket1001 Shade non-working days in calendar Using Outlook 0
F My hotmail calendar is not syncing with my outlook but my email is Using Outlook 3
M Where is the setting to *turn off* open calendar in a new window? Using Outlook 3