Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFox

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello All,

Love this forum. Long time lurker, first time poster. Hopefully someone can help me out / give me some guidance. New to exchange 2010 and DAGs. We are setting up a DAG between two Server 2008 R2 Enterprise servers within the same org/network. Server1 is our primary everyday server that we use and hosts mailboxes, HT, CAS and Unified Messaging. We want to setup a two server DAG so that we can have a backup server in case Server1 goes down. So, we have an identical server and I installed Server 2008 R2 Enterprise on it. I then installed Exchange 2010 SP1 on the server. Once completed we went to open the EMC on Server2 and it is pointing to the Server1 name, not Server2 and does not open. Any idea why this is? I noticed it originally because the EMC on Server 2 is running a slightly newer version then the EMC on Server1 so It gave a warning. However, shouldn't Server2 point to itself in the EMC...not Server1? Did I go wrong somewhere? I didn't really configure anything yet, just installed Exchange 2010 SP1.

Thanks in advance!

BlueFox

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Also forgot to mention that when the new 'Server2' is on and hooked up to our network, staff are unable to send emails. It seems to want to route emails through this server and not our normal one. Once the network cable is unplugged from it emails flow normal again.

Thanks!

BlueFox

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server

I did look at these docs but we have not gotten to this point yet. We simply set up Server 2008 and exchange 2010. Once done, initially Exchange opened and connected to its local name. Once we closed it and rebooted the server (from updates) when It came back up the EMC now Tries to connect to our primary Exchange server instead of itself which is very odd.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Outlook 2007 won't connect to 2nd Mailbox Server in a DAG Exchange Server Administration 2
P Number of database on a server in DAG Exchange 2010 sp1 Exchange Server Administration 3
P Two Member DAG - Reboot Witness Server - Effects? Exchange Server Administration 7
S DAG replicaiton and server maintenance Exchange Server Administration 6
M Exchange 2010 DAG Witness Server Help Exchange Server Administration 2
P Failing whn adding a server to a DAG Exchange Server Administration 5
F Why is an unmounted Exchange Server hosting mailboxes after having configured a DAG but haven't brou Exchange Server Administration 9
M Problem removing a mailbox server from a DAG. Exchange Server Administration 1
K Error after trying to remove server from DAG Exchange Server Administration 3
T Adding Exchange 2010 Server to existing for DAG use Exchange Server Administration 12
S Cannot Add a Second Server Node to DAG Exchange Server Administration 7
A DAG creation with 3 server Exchange Server Administration 4
V Creating DAG - problem with specifying FSW server Exchange Server Administration 14
R DAG 1 Physical / 1 VM Server network question Exchange Server Administration 9
H Exchange Server 2010 SP1, placing log files in a DAG group. Exchange Server Administration 3
J Moving from a single Exchange 2010 server into a DAG configuration Exchange Server Administration 3
C How should I repair my DAG if the FSW( File Share Witness ) Server fails? Exchange Server Administration 4
M Error when adding MBX Server to DAG Exchange Server Administration 10
N why the DAG address ( FQDN or IP ) always resolves to the primary Exchange Server in OUTLOOK? Exchange Server Administration 3
F Can an Exchange 2010 server belong to two different DAG's? Exchange Server Administration 5
M Restarted EX2010 Server with DAG and now get event 1223 and 1564 Exchange Server Administration 1
P DAG Witness Folder is not creating in 2nd HUB & CAS server Exchange Server Administration 8
S 2 Server DAG with possible IP issues Exchange Server Administration 7
N Support Live Migration or VMotion for a Mailbox Server not using DAG's? Exchange Server Administration 3
S Changing DAG Witness Server Exchange Server Administration 3
C How to Change the Subnet mask of a DAG Server Exchange Server Administration 7
J Windows Server Backup fails if not all databases are active on the same DAG member server Exchange Server Administration 4
Y Add servers to DAG error 'is not an acceptable witness server name. You must specify a host name or fully-qualifed domain name for the witness se Exchange Server Administration 14
J Adding 3rd Mailbox server to DAG from a different domain in same forest Exchange Server Administration 3
M Problem adding a second server to DAG (Error: Cluster API '"AddClusterNode() (MaxPercentage=12) fail Exchange Server Administration 12
A Connect to server to views items Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 5
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
F outlook.com Exchane Server corrupts data Since September 2019 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0
W Encrypted connection to server refused Using Outlook 0
B Server errors Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2016 Requesting data from server Using Outlook 0
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
I IMAP - are emails dynamically fetched from server as required? Using Outlook 2
CWM030 Name Server's Exchange Server Administration 15
CWM030 Archiving ON the imap server Using Outlook 3
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
GaryW88 2016 Archiving IMAP keeping mail on Gmail Server Using Outlook 1
R Would creating a new profile cause Outlook to download all the old mails from the server? Using Outlook 1
P Microsoft Outlook is requesting data from the server Using Outlook 2
J Old unread emails on current date (MDaemon Server) Using Outlook 1
E Duplicate, nested account folders on ATT server Using Outlook 10
Cdub27 Your changes to this item couldn't be saved because Server Denied Operation (HTTP 403 Forbidden) Using Outlook 1