Autocomplete not working on new email account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I recently added my wife's live.com email address to her Outlook 2010. Doing so created a folder in her Outlook contacts that contains all the contacts that are in the live.com contact list. The problem is that Outlook does not autocomplete any of those email addresses when she starts typing them in the To: field of a new email.

I have gone into the properties of the folder and told it to "Show this folder as an email address book" (actually I think it was already set like that).

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Autocomplete only lists people who you've recently sent mail to - as she uses outlook, the list should grow.

If the account is added as an Exchange account (default for outlook.com), if there is an autocomplete list created on another exchange client or in outlook on the web, it should sync to outlook. But that might only work with Outlook 2016...

OK thanks. But since those email addresses from the live.com account are now contacts in Outlook, shouldn't they be recognized when she started typing them, even though they have never been sent to by Outlook. I did a test and created an email contact in outlook, and when I opened a new email and started typing the email address, it "autocompleted" the address. (Perhaps autocomplete is not the correct term for that function?)

OK thanks. But since those email addresses from the live.com account are now contacts in Outlook, shouldn't they be recognized when she started typing them, even though they have never been sent to by Outlook.
Yes and no... if you type enough of the name to be unique, outlook will resolve it to a contact... its not the same as the 'type ahead' functionality of autocomplete.

Sorry it took me so long to get back. I was going let it be for a while and see if it fixed itself. but still, no. I can type an entire email address that is in the contacts and it does not find it. Or the entire name. And if i click the To: button and go into the Contacts manually from there, I see the email address. I am thinking of going into the outlook.com web interface, exporting the contacts, and importing them, letting it create duplicates. What do you think?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
U Autocomplete not working Using Outlook 5
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook Autocomplete (Recipients) opens upward Using Outlook 2
N How do I make Outlook autocomplete addresses from a list of recognised <full_names> only? Using Outlook 2
C Transfer Autocomplete from Pop to Exchange Using Outlook 3
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
C Outlook Autocomplete suggestions showing wrong person's name against an email address Using Outlook 0
G Autocomplete adds suspicious "@unknown.email" to selected contacts Using Outlook 1
J autocomplete function in custom form Using Outlook 1
M Outlook.com autocomplete list invaded by strange items Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
M email autocomplete broke.. Using Outlook 5
C Autocomplete losing some (not all) addresses Using Outlook 6
N Importing Google contacts from CSV file removes recipient names in autocomplete list Using Outlook 0
V Outlook 2013 - transfer autocomplete data Using Outlook 4
A Autocomplete issue Using Outlook 6
Michael Durthaler Outlook 2013 Autocomplete File Is Infected Using Outlook 1
S Recover Autocomplete After Computer Failure Re-install Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 2013 AutoComplete Limit Using Outlook 3
Z Copy Outlook 2007 "AutoComplete Contacts” to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
J autocomplete in "To" field does not work for display names Using Outlook 8
U Imported contacts to appear in Autocomplete Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2010 Autocomplete Using Outlook 7
N Outlook should use address in address book before the address in Autocomplete Using Outlook 0
A Help with random numbers in autocomplete emails Exchange Server Administration 3
K Autocomplete list not saving distribution list Using Outlook 3
T Autocomplete, although enabled, does not complete names in TO: Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Outlook 2021 Outlook new emails notification not working Using Outlook 4
A Outlook 365 Outlook (part of 365) now working offline - argh Using Outlook 5
G LinkedIn tab missing in Outlook 365 (but working in OWA) Using Outlook 0
BartH VBA no longer working in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S New Email "From" box stopped working Using Outlook 0
R Outlook Working off line Using Outlook 0
H How to Fix 1510-370-1986 Garmin GPS Not Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2019 Macro not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook 365 Outlook not working on linux how to solve it Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Z Outlook.com OST Stopped working without explanation Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G print attachment straight away; working script edit not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Auto-complete stopped working Using Outlook 4
F Searches are not working properly Using Outlook 1
Jennifer Murphy Spam filter not working Using Outlook 13
D Connecting Gmail to Outlook 365 - My Setup not working Using Outlook 2
A Prepending Email Addrs with "Display Name <email>" Has Stopped Working Using Outlook 0
R rules not working - done troubleshooting Using Outlook 0
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Using Outlook 2