Trouble with server names

Nikwak

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
In Outlook I was putting in all my email addresses and doing them through POP3 (which I prefer). When I put in my Incoming and Outgoing Server names I then saved them and when I went back in to check them they had changed the Server names to an old version. So, if I put in mboxhosting.com I would save it and when I went back in it would have changed it to mail.{domain}

Outlook will check autodiscover and update the server names - try editing the account in Control panel - type control panel on the start menu, open it and search for Mail - open it and click Email account then double click on the account and edit the servers. Making the changes here usually sticks.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble Exchange Server Administration 6
E Having some trouble with a run-a-script rule (moving mail based on file type) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Trouble with Office 365/2016 Using Outlook 3
M Trouble using keyboard shortcut for color categories in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
M Trouble downloading Outlook on an Android phone Using Outlook 4
B Trouble Starting Outlook 2010 after Crash Using Outlook 3
U Trouble migrating Contacts (2002) to People (2013) Using Outlook 3
K New to BCM - trouble importing contacts & accounts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
makinmyway Trouble Installing BCM Outlook 2013; Endless Install Loop Happens Using Outlook 0
B Trying to get old emails from a not working computer but having trouble. Using Outlook 6
M Trouble Importing folders from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 12
S trouble with Outlook 2010 saving sent emails Using Outlook 2
B Trouble Locating Tools Menu since There's No Standard Toolbar in Office 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007 - trouble with alphabetizing when titles are used (ie - Mr.) Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2010 stuck in Work Offline mode; trouble sending email Using Outlook 1
A Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM) Using Outlook 2
B Trouble Adding @Outlook.com Email Accounts Using Outlook 3
K Trouble converting the ANSI PST to a Unicode PST Using Outlook 4
V Trouble Running Outlook 2007 and 2010 Using Outlook 4
U Trouble for sharing Calendar Using Outlook 3
S Trouble setting up Outlook Connector to sync with windows live Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
T Trouble with creating database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M having trouble importing excel data into outlook contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Trouble using SaveAs Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M trouble connection to remote database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 12
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
O How to find out the domain and server settings that my Outlook is using? Using Outlook 2
K Gmail not removed from server Using Outlook 3
M Shift Delete doesn't delete email from server Using Outlook 3
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
J Recover server side rules from OST/PST without access to the server Using Outlook 2
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
CWM550 This rule has a condition that the server cannot process? Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
L Help connecting to hosted exchange server 2016 Using Outlook 0
C Pop Server Changing Verizon/Aol to Yahoo Using Outlook 6
icacream Outlook 2016 “Enter your user name and password for the following server.” Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 365 update sets delete from server flag Using Outlook 1
J Importing N2K from a different Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
T Outlook 2010 How to Delete “Orphaned” TO DO? ( Not on Exchange Server) Using Outlook 6
A Connect to server to views items Using Outlook 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 4
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
F outlook.com Exchane Server corrupts data Since September 2019 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0