How to Create Buttons in email body / toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sam

Hi All,

Is is possible to create buttons in outlook email body?

For eg: I want to create "Accept" and "Decline" Buttons that would populate

the content from the email body into an excel sheet.

Is this possible? If yes, how do I go on with it? Please Help.

Thanks in Advance
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

Do you mean buttons on the Outlook Inspector used to display the message

details (as opposed to teh Explorer which lists the messages in a folder)?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"sam" <sam> wrote in message

news:6980C1FB-5C00-4C41-9B33-40D0B16BAF01@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,

> Is is possible to create buttons in outlook email body?

> For eg: I want to create "Accept" and "Decline" Buttons that would
> populate
> the content from the email body into an excel sheet.

> Is this possible? If yes, how do I go on with it? Please Help.

> Thanks in Advance
>
 
S

sam

Thanks for helping Dmitry,

Yes, I want buttons on the email body or the tool bar.

I am trying to design a process where I will be receiving emails from lots

of people in my company and so Want to create two buttons "Accept" and

"Reject"

So, Once I click Accept: I want to send and email back to the receipend

saying "the request has been accepted"

If I click Decline: I want to send an email back to the receipent saying

"the request has been rejected" and the reason why it has been rejected.

Can this be done in outlook?

any help would be appretiated

Thanks in Advance

"Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:


> Do you mean buttons on the Outlook Inspector used to display the message
> details (as opposed to teh Explorer which lists the messages in a folder)?

> > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
>

>

>

> -
> "sam" <sam> wrote in message
> news:6980C1FB-5C00-4C41-9B33-40D0B16BAF01@microsoft.com...
> > Hi All,
> > Is is possible to create buttons in outlook email body?
> > For eg: I want to create "Accept" and "Decline" Buttons that would
> > populate
> > the content from the email body into an excel sheet.
> > Is this possible? If yes, how do I go on with it? Please Help.
> > Thanks in Advance
> >


> .
>
 
D

Dmitry Streblechenko

You would need to insert your own button to the Explorer or Inspector

toolbar (CommandBar) and then write code in the button event handler that

takes the contents of the currently selected e-mail

(Application.ActiveExplorer.Selection collection) and performs the

appropriate action on it - create new message using Application.CreateItem

or MailItem.Reply, populate its properties, display it using

MailItem.Display.

http://www.outlookcode.com/ is good place to start...

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)

-

"sam" <sam> wrote in message

news:BE54F052-F0FC-4D93-AED5-66B142581706@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for helping Dmitry,

> Yes, I want buttons on the email body or the tool bar.

> I am trying to design a process where I will be receiving emails from lots
> of people in my company and so Want to create two buttons "Accept" and
> "Reject"

> So, Once I click Accept: I want to send and email back to the receipend
> saying "the request has been accepted"

> If I click Decline: I want to send an email back to the receipent saying
> "the request has been rejected" and the reason why it has been rejected.

> Can this be done in outlook?
> any help would be appretiated

> Thanks in Advance

> "Dmitry Streblechenko" wrote:
>
> > Do you mean buttons on the Outlook Inspector used to display the message
> > details (as opposed to teh Explorer which lists the messages in a
> > folder)?
>

>> > > Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> >

> >

> >

> > -
> > "sam" <sam> wrote in message
> > news:6980C1FB-5C00-4C41-9B33-40D0B16BAF01@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi All,
> >> > Is is possible to create buttons in outlook email body?
> >> > For eg: I want to create "Accept" and "Decline" Buttons that would
> > > populate
> > > the content from the email body into an excel sheet.
> >> > Is this possible? If yes, how do I go on with it? Please Help.
> >> > Thanks in Advance
> > >

>

>
>> .
> >
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top