recurring meeting exceptions count not updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GR

Hello,

I am having a problem getting an accurate result from reading the

number of exceptions to a recurring meeting when that appointment item

is in a shared folder.

Specifically, after I delete an instance of a recurring meeting, my

code is called in the calendar ItemChange event for that calendar and

I then call a sub that reads the number of exceptions for that

appointment item that just had an instance deleted.

When I look at the number of exceptions for that item it is properly

incremented by 1 each time I delete an instance of a recurring

appointment that is in my default calendar folder, UNLESS, that

appointment item is on a shared calendar. In that case, it is set to 1

exception (correct) the first time but will not increment for each

subsequent deletion unless I close Outlook and re-open it.

It almost seems as though I need to refresh the exception list somehow

before checking? Any ideas?

Here is a code snippet that I am using:

Dim excepts As Outlook.Exceptions

Dim anExcep As Outlook.Exception

Dim nExceptions As Integer
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Shared folders can be strange for updating. Implement the idea you had of

refreshing Exceptions and the RecurrencePattern.

"GR" <gprourke@gmail.com> wrote in message

news:86b234a8-e494-4ec0-97d7-e449b7433335@i25g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
> Hello,

> I am having a problem getting an accurate result from reading the
> number of exceptions to a recurring meeting when that appointment item
> is in a shared folder.

> Specifically, after I delete an instance of a recurring meeting, my
> code is called in the calendar ItemChange event for that calendar and
> I then call a sub that reads the number of exceptions for that
> appointment item that just had an instance deleted.

> When I look at the number of exceptions for that item it is properly
> incremented by 1 each time I delete an instance of a recurring
> appointment that is in my default calendar folder, UNLESS, that
> appointment item is on a shared calendar. In that case, it is set to 1
> exception (correct) the first time but will not increment for each
> subsequent deletion unless I close Outlook and re-open it.

> It almost seems as though I need to refresh the exception list somehow
> before checking? Any ideas?

> Here is a code snippet that I am using:

> Dim excepts As Outlook.Exceptions
> Dim anExcep As Outlook.Exception
> Dim nExceptions As Integer

> .
> .
> .
> Set excepts = inMasterAppt.GetRecurrencePattern().Exceptions
> nExceptions = excepts.Count

> Thanks!
>
 
G

GR

On Mar 26, 1:28 pm, "
<kenslo...@mvps.org> wrote:
> Shared folders can be strange for updating. Implement the idea you had of
> refreshing Exceptions and the RecurrencePattern.

> >

> http://www.slovaktech.com

> "GR" <gprou...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> news:86b234a8-e494-4ec0-97d7-e449b7433335@i25g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

>
> > Hello,

>
> > I am having a problem getting an accurate result from reading the
> > number of exceptions to a recurring meeting when that appointment item
> > is in a shared folder.

>
> > Specifically, after I delete an instance of a recurring meeting, my
> > code is called in the calendar ItemChange event for that calendar and
> > I then call a sub that reads the number of exceptions for that
> > appointment item that just had an instance deleted.

>
> > When I look at the number of exceptions for that item it is properly
> > incremented by 1 each time I delete an instance of a recurring
> > appointment that is in my default calendar folder, UNLESS, that
> > appointment item is on a shared calendar. In that case, it is set to 1
> > exception (correct) the first time but will not increment for each
> > subsequent deletion unless I close Outlook and re-open it.

>
> > It almost seems as though I need to refresh the exception list somehow
> > before checking? Any ideas?

>
> > Here is a code snippet that I am using:

>
> >    Dim excepts As Outlook.Exceptions
> >    Dim anExcep As Outlook.Exception
> >    Dim nExceptions As Integer

>
> >           .
> >           .
> >           .
> >    Set excepts = inMasterAppt.GetRecurrencePattern().Exceptions
> >    nExceptions = excepts.Count

>
> > Thanks!-




I believe you're right about shared folders updating.

What would you recommend is the best way to refresh the Exceptions and

RecurrencePattern? There isn't any type of "refresh" method to either

of those objects I don't believe. Right?

Thanks.
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Release your references to the item/series/pattern/etc. and use the EntryID

from the master to get it again and re-instantiate everything.

"GR" <gprourke@gmail.com> wrote in message

news:f7abf9f2-921a-4b53-8027-efc914761df9@o30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...

<snip
I believe you're right about shared folders updating.

What would you recommend is the best way to refresh the Exceptions and

RecurrencePattern? There isn't any type of "refresh" method to either

of those objects I don't believe. Right?

Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
P Receiving a Meeting Declined notice for a recurring meeting Using Outlook 0
G how to cancel a recurring meeting but not the organizer but all attendees need to know. Using Outlook 1
L Who Deleted My Recurring Meeting? Exchange Server Administration 6
F Recurring meeting with recurring prep. 2 days before Using Outlook 1
Mr Mayor Another recurring meeting question Using Outlook 1
J Recurring meeting - i require a monthly accept confrimation Using Outlook 1
M Recurring invitations for a recurring meeting Using Outlook 3
M Email address included automatically in the recurring meeting Using Outlook 4
L Setting up recurring meeting for every thursday except 3rd thursday Using Outlook 3
D Updating a recurring meeting cuses a reminder to be sent for every occurence. Using Outlook 2
P Delete Recurring Meeting Invite Using Outlook 4
A Recurring meeting sending a invite for each meeting Using Outlook 1
A Forwarding recurring appointment/meeting Using Outlook 2
B Recurring meeting times off by several hours Exchange Server Administration 5
B Adding an Attendee Part Way Through A Recurring Meeting Using Outlook 2
J Updates to recurring meeting does not update in my calendar (Outlook 2007) Using Outlook 1
R How do I cancel future occurences of recurring meeting in outlook Using Outlook 6
B change meeting organizer of recurring meeting without cancellnig Using Outlook 2
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
K Recurring all day annual event Using Outlook 3
P Restore an individual all-day recurring event Using Outlook 2
F Year-and-a-day recurring appointments Using Outlook 1
N Recurring invite sent w/distribution list adding/removing attendees Using Outlook 0
C Recurring Task End Date Varies Using Outlook 3
M Expected behaviour of recurring appointments? Using Outlook 2
K Outlook 2013 Recurring Tasks Not Showing Complete Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
L Recurring Tasks lost Using Outlook 3
M Recurring icon for custom form task item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Diane Poremsky Scheduling a Recurring Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Scheduling a Recurring Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
T outlook cal for mac changes times of recurring meetings on its own Using Outlook 1
T The Formatting Changes When A Recurring Appointment is Changed Using Outlook 1
S Modify recurring outlook invites based on form entry Using Outlook 0
S How to script for a recurring task Using Outlook 0
I VBA Recurring Task Converted From Email Using Outlook 2
M outlook recurring item stucks me. :( Exchange Server Administration 1
S Recurring Task / Delayed Email in Outlook 2010 Outlook Wishlist 10
M How to skip weekends on recurring appointments - OL2010? Using Outlook 4
D Priting only Recurring Appointments in Outlook Calendar 2010 Using Outlook 1
X Can you get outlook to ignore certain weeks for recurring meetings? Using Outlook 1
B weekday recurring appointments Calendar Printing Assistant 1
J Recurring Appointments With A Twist Using Outlook 3
G Weekly recurring appointments based on 6 month rotation Using Outlook 2
D Recurring Tasks Problem? Using Outlook 5
B Restoring Deleted Recurring Event AND Notes Using Outlook 8
O Assigning a single instance of a recurring task OUTLOOK 2010 Using Outlook 3
T How to Use Recurring Email without buying an add-on for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
K Recurring Tasks on specific dates, not pattern Using Outlook 0
F Outlook 2007 - recurring appointments shifted by one day Using Outlook 4

Similar threads

Top