Executing Ribbon Command from Code Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Webster

As far as I can tell, ExecuteMso is now only available on the

Office.CommandBars object, which is deprecated in Outlook 2010.

I have an application that (in versions prior to 2010) executes the

"MoveNext" command for Outlook Inspectors.

Does anyone have any information about the ability (or lack thereof) to

execute Outlook commands, especially those which don't appear on the Ribbon ?

Thanks.

- John
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

I haven't heard of anything that would provide that ability, but I haven't

tested that sort of thing so far.

"John Webster" <johnwebster @ discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

news:C9E654E8-DFD5-4D3A-8DD7-1D3DD147E18C@microsoft.com...
> As far as I can tell, ExecuteMso is now only available on the
> Office.CommandBars object, which is deprecated in Outlook 2010.

> I have an application that (in versions prior to 2010) executes the
> "MoveNext" command for Outlook Inspectors.

> Does anyone have any information about the ability (or lack thereof) to
> execute Outlook commands, especially those which don't appear on the
> Ribbon ?

> Thanks.
> > - John
 
J

John Webster

Ken, thanks for your reply.

As it turns out, the Explorer & Inspector CommandBars are just hidden in

2010, as I learned this morning.

You CAN set them in code and use the ExecuteMso method of the CommandBars.

I don't know if that's the way it's going to be going forward....

Cheers.

- John
wrote:


> I haven't heard of anything that would provide that ability, but I haven't
> tested that sort of thing so far.

> >

>

> "John Webster" <johnwebster @ discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:C9E654E8-DFD5-4D3A-8DD7-1D3DD147E18C@microsoft.com...
> > As far as I can tell, ExecuteMso is now only available on the
> > Office.CommandBars object, which is deprecated in Outlook 2010.
> > I have an application that (in versions prior to 2010) executes the
> > "MoveNext" command for Outlook Inspectors.
> > Does anyone have any information about the ability (or lack thereof) to
> > execute Outlook commands, especially those which don't appear on the
> > Ribbon ?
> > Thanks.
> > > > - John


> .
>
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

I had some hints that they could still be used, but it's all unsupported so

there's no guarantee that will work even when SP1 comes out much less future

versions. At some point they won't just be hidden objects but non-existent

objects.

"John Webster" <johnwebster @ discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

news:DF098D87-330E-46A8-9EB2-5FA5C810BC08@microsoft.com...
> Ken, thanks for your reply.

> As it turns out, the Explorer & Inspector CommandBars are just hidden in
> 2010, as I learned this morning.

> You CAN set them in code and use the ExecuteMso method of the CommandBars.

> I don't know if that's the way it's going to be going forward....

> Cheers.

> > - John
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Macro Not Executing then send email from Explorer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Macro Not Executing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Disable Contact Card Results when using "Search People" in Outlook Ribbon Using Outlook 7
witzker Customized ribbon and entries disappeared Using Outlook 0
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
W Ribbon XML customization Using Outlook 4
M Simplified ribbon missing Using Outlook 3
L Outlook Office 365 client: won't remember my setting File, not to collapse ribbon Using Outlook 2
S How to set up button in ribbon for individual Quick Steps Using Outlook 1
A Possible to hide ribbon with custom appointment form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Retention policies on outlook 2016 ribbon Using Outlook 2
V not able to change name in customize Ribbon Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Wayne Dardis Calling Ribbon Button in Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W Adding A Macro To Message Ribbon Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Customize the Outlook Toolbar, Ribbon or QAT Using Outlook 0
M No Show Group on ribbon Using Outlook 8
I Ribbon buttons grayed-out in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 2
B How can I adjust the ribbon width? I want to see all of my Quick Steps. Using Outlook 1
piusg 2013: Place custom view on the ribbon Using Outlook 3
P Outlook 2007 Calendar Ribbon has changed and I can't fix it Using Outlook 10
R Can I create custom subgroups on the ribbon? Using Outlook 5
M missing iCloud tab on ribbon bar Using Outlook 0
G Adding 3rd-Party Add-In to Home Ribbon in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
E Outlook Ribbon Customization and Deployment Using Outlook 1
C Outlook Calendar Ribbon with iCloud Using Outlook 2
S ADD-IN Ribbon Missing Using Outlook 2
S ADD-IN Ribbon Missing Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2010 Ribbon - Creating Links To Websites or EXE Files Using Outlook 4
M Move 'Reply All' on Ribbon in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
L Email button on ribbon defaulting to exchange when POP is default Using Outlook 7
K call a help file when click on a button xml ribbon Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Word 2007 add-in ribbon icons greyed out Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K add a designed group into a existing inspector ribbon Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
C Create a Ribbon for the OL2010 Explorer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Ribbon Control questions Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S What's the appointment ribbon called? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Program "Click on Ribbon Button" Using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Can I embed ribbon item into form region? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Build custom ribbon in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Ribbon problem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Ribbon question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Could i do this with ribbon(outlook2007)? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Stop ribbon item tool tip text from wrapping? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Ribbon and a checkbox (C++ ATL) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
H access appointmentItem from ribbon menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Application.ActiveInspector() is Null on Ribbon Load Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Using Ribbon in Inspector window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Form Region, Task Pain, Ribbon Extension - which way is best? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Command Button_Click action on Item/Reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M VbScript for Command Button on Contacts Custom Form Using Outlook 1

Similar threads

Top