Share ost between connector and exchange cache mode = "everything everywhere"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGW

I want the best of both worlds; i.e.

Corporate exchange server synced to local ost thru cached exchange mode. => everything’s

on the server for backup + available in Outlook offline + available thru Outlook

Web Access + synced to WP7 phone + available in Windows Live Mail local email

client.

Plus; I'd like outlook connector to sync the above to/from Windows Live Hotmail (normally a separate, unmovable ost). All of the above particularly for calendars.

Then, if I accept an appointment invitation

in outlook (exchange) &/or enter an appointment myself, it will show up in Outlook

Web Access and also in Windows Live Hotmail calendar. (NOTE: This is different

than showing the outlook and windows live calendars separately [side by side or

overlaid] in Outlook.)

Question; If I "move" Outlook‘s

cached exchange location to the connector ost --- can cached exchange mode and

outlook connector then share the same connector ost?

i.e. "everything everywhere".

Any other ideas?

Other method = outlook exchange =>Google

sync => Gmail calendar =>subscribed to/from Windows Live calendar?

Thanks

Re: Share ost between connector and exchange cache mode = "everything everywhe

Hate to break it to you spammers - converting an ost to a pst ain't gonna help RGW, no matter how many times you spam this thread.

Live mail client doesn't support Exchange server (unless you use POP3 or IMAP for mail-only). You need to use Outlook to open Exchange mailboxes using the exchange service.

The outlook connector syncs hotmail to outlook but separate data store is required - this is because its a copy of the server mailbox and anything in the folders in outlook is synced back to the server. If you deliver exchange email to the hotmail folders, all of your exchange mail is synced back to hotmail servers. Replying to the messages may result in the reply using the hotmail account, not your echange account. I'm not even sure its possible to select the hotmail account as the delivery location for Exchange mailboxes - but if you do, everything in the mailbox will be synced to hotmail and may be deleted from the exchange server.

If you want to sync calendars, you need to use a 3rd party tool to copy appointments to the other calendar - although, have you tried publishing the exchange calendar (requires outlook 2007/2010 - choose publish to office online option) and then subscribing the hotmail account to it? That would be the easiest method, otherwise, using a utility to copy the appointments will be the least messy method.

Note: if you want one universal inbox, you can use POP3 to download hotmail and deliver that to the exchange mailbox.

FYI - this thread is closed because spammers would not stop posting links to their ost recovery products - even though recovering a corrupt ost (or pst) is not the question, problem, or the issue. For this reason, I am closing this thread to new posts. Legitimate users will need to start their own thread. Spammers can just go away. If a recovery product is needed, we suggest choosing from one of the products at http://www.slipstick.com/problems/pst-repair/repair-a-damaged-personal-folders-pst-file/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
M Unable to share 2019 calendar Using Outlook 0
D How To Combine Share Task Folders in just one Folder Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 Word Share doc as Email Attachment now brings up Eudora. Using Outlook 1
S automate save the .xlxs file to share Network Using Outlook 1
R Can't Send calendar share invite Using Outlook 5
G Unable to dismiss reminders from share point list calendar shared in Outlook Using Outlook 2
Patrick van Berkel Best way to share (and keep up-to-date) Macro's in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Making Outlook default client in share charm Using Outlook 4
Miquela I need to make a calendar to share here at work with 40 other people Using Outlook 1
smokiibear Share Office 365 Tasks such that Other Users also Are Alerted with Reminder Using Outlook 1
T How to share Outlook SUBfolders Using Outlook 3
C Moving BCM Database to Server Share BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Share calendar but don't share categories Exchange Server Administration 1
D can you share a bcm database with 2 different versions of windows? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
L Can't share email folders Exchange Server Administration 1
K Outlook keeps prompting for Microsoft username and password for share calendar Using Outlook 0
L Archive Shared Folders for all to Share Using Outlook 0
R Share mailbox issue Exchange Server Administration 0
B Is there a simple way to share email folders w/o exchange server? Using Outlook 0
C How do I share/post my calendar to public folders Exchange Server Administration 3
W Outlook 2010 Share calendar but keep color formatting Using Outlook 2
A Share recurrent events with others Using Outlook 2
P Created new profile, how do I share existing contacts/calendar? Using Outlook 1
S Can't share contacts in Outlook on MS Exchange Server??? Exchange Server Administration 1
S Share between 2000 and 2010 Using Outlook 3
R Disable request to share a calendar Using Outlook 1
S share Outlook folders with other old versions Using Outlook 1
H Cannot share calendar, global address book not updating Exchange Server Administration 1
P Share Outlook 2011 Calendar Using Outlook 2
R Best way to share outlook calendar with 10 laptops Using Outlook 9
J Can multiple exchange users share same categories? Exchange Server Administration 4
N How do you share your business contact manager with coworkers BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
I Can I share BCM V2 Database on 2003 by using BCM Data Admin Tool BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
B Post form into share calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S share business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
P Database User Share Disconnecting BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
S can't share databse BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Q Opening email from a share breaks add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
J Can't Share Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
J Recover server side rules from OST/PST without access to the server Using Outlook 2
Z Outlook.com OST Stopped working without explanation Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
DoctorJellybean Use OST file location for fresh installation? Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Exporting IMAP OST file to PST Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2019 i dont want to buy the snake oil ost to pst programs Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 OST thinks it is PST? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 Exchange .ost within Personal Vaul Using Outlook 0
L Restoring Outlook from backup of OST Using Outlook 5
K Outlook 2016 - controlling IMAP OST size with Group Policy not working Using Outlook 1