My Contacts Folder has disappeared. How do I restore it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meanders

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I have Outlook 2007 and used my Contacts Folder often. It was displayed above my Inbox as always. However, I noticed recently that the folder is gone from the list. When I touch the "To" button on a new message, it displays the list of contacts, so no problem there. However, I open the Contacts folder to read, add and edit information in the listings there. How can I restore the Contacts folder to my folders list? Though I use Outlook all day at work and at home, you can probably guess I have a limited understanding of how this works, so please be patient if as a more savvy person, you find this a rather simple issue. :confused:

Press Ctrl+6 - do you see the missing folders? (You are probably viewing the Mail module right now.)

Dear Catherized ~ thank you so much, worked like a charm! :D :eek: I knew it had to be that simple...but didn't know where to look and even Microsoft Online didn't refer to this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
D Is a sub folder under contacts necessary to be able to name an Address Book? Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2016 Creating a shared local Contacts folder Using Outlook 2
R How to delete Facebook Contacts folder in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 7
M code to move selected Outlook contacts to another folder Using Outlook 3
N How to delete default folder "Contacts" (olFolderContacts) in a .pst file Using Outlook 8
Diane Poremsky Check Contacts before moving them to Hotmail Contacts folder Using Outlook 0
O How to move contacts folder image of a drive Using Outlook 1
L Should public contacts folder appear in "People" nav pane? Using Outlook 1
T Macro to find contacts by category and copy them to another folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
Paul Butticaz Copying Contacts from SharePoint List (connected to Outlook) to another Conacts folder Using Outlook 1
S Contacts disappear in public folder search Using Outlook 1
J Default Contacts folder Using Outlook 19
G Outlook 2013 - Default View for Public Folder Contacts Using Outlook 1
L Move Contacts to a Folder Using Outlook 2
V Problem not having Contacts folder after importing emails from Yahoo. Using Outlook 0
J Contacts (this computer only) Folder Using Outlook 1
F VB Script to Delete all contacts under local contacts folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R VB Referring to a custom contacts folder Exchange Server Administration 4
B Can't Remove Shared Contacts Folder in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
C Shared Contacts Folder Disappears from Other Contacts Using Outlook 3
B How to choose which contacts folder to use when saving contacts? Using Outlook 1
C [outlook-users] Public Contact Folder not Listed under contacts tab Using Outlook 3
H new incoming email going to CONTACTS folder?!? Using Outlook 2
K Master Category List / Contacts Public Folder Advice Using Outlook 4
M How to Create Macro in Visual Basic to add Contacts from Personal Folder Using Outlook 4
R Accessing folder 'Other Contacts' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Contacts in a public folder synching with a user's contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Iterating a Contacts folder for Outlook 2003 and 2007 in C# Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
A New Contact entry (custom form) get saved in a public folder and doesn't appear in Outolook Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Outlook 2007: Update the Contacts folder entries Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G All contacts from Contact Folder to BCC by code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C How do I change the default "Add to Outlook Contacts" Folder Using Outlook 6
G Populate BCC field with all Contacts within a Contact Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Copy Contacts in a Public Folder to a Local Contacts Subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Create new Contacts folder and populate it from Access Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Can Outlook 03 or 07 BCM sync BCM contacts into Contacts folder? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Apply Custom Contacts form to all existing Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
L Applying new form to existing contacts -- MessageClass Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
P How to clear out all contacts in iCloud, so I can use iCloud-based sync program Using Outlook 1
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
K Outlook 365 After migrating to Outlook 365, some contacts display in emails with prefixes Using Outlook 0