stop messages to personal folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicagouser

Outlook version
Email Account
IMAP
Last week I suddenly found copies of incoming emails going to a personal folder inbox that I don't use. These copies are sent shortly after they hit my main inbox and trigger a pop-up message, even if I have already deleted the message in my inbox. How do I stop the messages from forwarding into the personal folder?

I have no rules that would cause the messages to be placed in a personal folder. I do have two accounts set up in Outlook, but one account forwards to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L How Stop Outlook Nag Messages Using Outlook 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
G Stop Outlook 365 adding meetings to calendar Using Outlook 1
L Emails being archived when I press the A key accidentally - how do I stop this? Using Outlook 0
P How can I stop Outlook 365 duplicating the posts? Using Outlook 1
J how to stop junk emails from *.onmicrosoft.com ? Using Outlook 2
A How to stop user form from disapearing once mail window is closed? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Outlook 2016 Outlook Error Msg "The operation cannot be performed ..." How to Stop it Using Outlook 4
T "Words In Recipient's Address" Rule Causes Outlook To Stop Processing Rules Using Outlook 3
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0
D Any updates or fixes that would make this code stop working just moving emails to another folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Outlook 2016 call to Stop Timer Event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S stop calendar date reverting to today Using Outlook 7
B Contacts just stop syncing, yesterday... Using Outlook 4
O Stop more than one person responding to an email? Using Outlook 1
A Stop Rule (not turn off) that Delays Outgoing Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Can't stop Outlook.com from setting reminders on appointments? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
D Stop meeting acceptance notifications Using Outlook 1
J it goes like outlook has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly, wi Using Outlook 2
makinmyway Research Pane in Emails Turns on and Cut Paste Keys then Stop Working Using Outlook 5
J How to Stop OutLook from being Installed Using Outlook 1
A Exchange 2003 how to stop accepting EHLO and AUTH commands Exchange Server Administration 2
M Outlook 2010 IMAP rules occasionaly stop working Using Outlook 4
C How to stop iCloud calendars opening by default Using Outlook 8
icacream outlook 2007 - how do I stop spacing when I hit return ? Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2007 SSL selfsigned certificate how to stop security popup everytime? Using Outlook 10
Y How do you stop double booking? Using Outlook 1
Commodore Why some RSS feeds stop getting updates? Using Outlook 12
N Rules stop running automatically Using Outlook 10
S Stop mail checking Using Outlook 5
M Can you stop "Microsft Office Outlook is synchronizing folders"? Using Outlook 2
M Why rules stop running automatically? Using Outlook 1
J Stop Outlook 2010 from showing face pictures in From/To/Cc/Subject box Using Outlook 2
S Shared Calendar Need To Stop Receiving Other Peoples Reminders Using Outlook 3
R Stop Double Booking Rooms Using Outlook 3
C stop facebook? Using Outlook 16
A How do I get Outlook to stop adding a "+1" in front of a telephone number that has an extension. Using Outlook 13
L Outlook inbox is "always in front". How to stop that? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Stop Search folders from disabling every 1-2 days? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N VBA Procedure (or Macro) to Stop Outlook from Closing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Stop ribbon item tool tip text from wrapping? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Stop automatic opening BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C How to stop replies in thier tracks Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A stop outlook reminders generated through BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Question marks in messages Using Outlook 2
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5