Anyone Using CodeTwo Sync for iCloud ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Diane. I was hesitant to sign out of iCloud as I had a previous problem with photo stream syncing to my pc. Anyway, I signed out of iCloud, removed the sync from code two sync, and removed iCloud from control panel (removed program from pc).
I rebooted my computer, installed iCloud control panel (had to reboot pc again to finish installing icloud), configured iCloud, opened outlook, and I saw that it had already imported my calendar entries (which I did not want it to do). I deleted the entries from outlook (I did not want to deal with duplicate entries), opened the code two sync panel, added my one way sync from iCloud, clicked ok, and it imported the calendar entries into outlook. I am now able to edit any previous entry in iCloud and it will update my outlook calendar.
The reason that I only do the one way sync is so I can see the upcoming events on the right hand side of the outlook window. I mainly use my desktop pc, while my wife uses her iPad. We also have two iPhones that syncs everything through iCloud.
Thank you again for your assistance!
Mike.....

Hi, I have read just about every post but can't find an answer to my problem - looks like Diane is the lady who may be able to help (I hope!!) I have been looking for a way of syncing my outlook calendar and calendar in icloud. I thought I had found the answer with Codetwo sync for icloud. I followed all the instructions and it installed great.

I then set up a two way sync of my icloud calendar with the local (default) profile in outlook. I was really happy when the sync worked on the first occasion.

However, after that it would not sync with icloud at all. what ever changes I make, whether on my PC or on my iPad or even in the calendar on Icloud.com they do not sync. I cannot find a way of forcing a sync either as the original icloud icon for refresh is removed by the codetwo software.

I have checked the add in is activated, I have uninstalled and re-installed both the Icloud panel for windows and the codetwo software. I followed all the instructions on the codetwo webpage in the knowledge base for dealing with sync issues. I just can't get it to work. :( Any suggestions would be very warmly welcomed!

I am running windows 8.1 - Outlook 2013 on 365 Home premium

Hers's an update - I got it working by re activating the icloud outlook addin but .... it deactivates itself every time I close down outlook so then I have to go in to manage add ins every time I open it and reactivate. It is not disabling just deactivating!! It's a pain! any ideas on how to stop it deactivating? the only option given is a tick box in COM add-ins , which changes it from unloaded to loaded there is no option to change the load behaviour to load on start up. I can live with it if I have to. :(

Check the event viewer - are there any messages that might indicate why it was disabled?

What is the loadbehavior under these keys? It should be 3 :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Apple.DAV.Addin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\OutlookChangeNotifier.Connect

I'm not sure if you need this one if you are using iCloud, but check the loadbehavior of it too: (It's 2 here, which is ok, i think)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\iTunesAddIn.CalendarHelper

Hi, there was an event

Microsoft Outlook
Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'apple.dav.addin' add-in. This add-in is incompatible with Data Execution Prevention mode and should be disabled or upgraded to the latest version. Do you wish to disable this add-in from loading?
P1: 701811
P2: 15.0.4454.1510
P3:
P4:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Apple.DAV.Addin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\OutlookChangeNotifier.Connect

load behaviour on both of above is 3, though second one (OutlookChangeNotifier.Connect) has an additional load behaviour 'Require shutdown notification' 1

Load behaviour for below is 2:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\iTunesAddIn.CalendarHelper

I don't know if this is relevant but the load behaviour for this one is 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Apple.DAV.Addin

Loadbehavior of 0 = not loading - and it's not loading because of this:
Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'apple.dav.addin' add-in. This add-in is incompatible with Data Execution Prevention mode and should be disabled or upgraded to the latest version. Do you wish to disable this add-in from loading?

This explains DEP - https://support.office.com/en-US/Ar...rashing--1e02d873-04c8-4ecd-ac63-8f18507a3870

Which iCloud do you have installed? Is it the newest one?

Yes I have the latest version (4.0) in top right corner of icloud control panel

So do you think I should do a complete uninstall and then re-install of everything. Might that help? I assume this isn't a problem for everyone or someone would have come up with a fix?

I would try that first - when you reinstall, download the nstaller then right click and choose run as admin.

I wonder if there is a bad install package - i can't install it on one computer - the updater says it can't download it when it gets near the end and installing it manually fails. I haven't had time to try extracting the contents of the installer pckage and running the msi or setup that is in the package. (You can extract setup files using winzip or a 7zip.)

Status
Not open for further replies.