Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus_L77

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,

If I send an invite it syncs fine to outlook.com but if I receive an invite it is only stored in my default calendar (outlook.com / live account calendar) but it is not synced to the cloud calendar outlook.com hence not further on to my phone either.

My default datafile is the microsoft account.

Please, if anyone has a solution to this extremely annoying flaw please tell me. Iam missing appointments as of now since they do not sync from my pc to the cloud to my phone.

Kind regards

Magnus

Sure it cannot just be me who is experiencing this problem?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Magnus

You aren't, but my helpers quit and I've been swamped. :(

So the meeting request is added to the same calendar that syncs to the outlook.com server, but the meeting doesn't sync? Usually the problem is that its saved on the calendar associated with the account that received it, and not added to the default calendar.

If you add a category to the meeting, does it sync? That usually kickstarts sync when copying events from another calendar.

Hi Diane,

Appreciate your reply.

I will try this but I am not sure what you mean by "copying to another calendar". And should I add a category to the already received meeting invite or should that be done prior anyone sending me an invite. I assume the first option?!

My Outlook 2013 is setup with one Microsoft Account and a couple of IMAP accounts. I do not send any mails with my Microsoft Account. I have setup Outlook as you have described in other threads.

1) My default email account is one of my IMAP accounts

2) My default datafile is the Microsoft Account (setup as an EAS account to Outlook.com)

Whenever I send a meeting invite FROM my PC it is stored in the default datafile, hence the Micrsoft Account Calendar file. It syncs directly to Outlook.com and through all my other devices such as phones etc. However, If I receive a meeting invite to one of my xxx@xxx.xx IMAP accounts and click accept meeting, it immediately shows up in my Microsoft Account calendar (as it should) BUT it does not sync from there to Outlook.com. Instead it stays only in my PC even though it is in the correct calendar.

I do not have any other calendars. I do not copy anything between any calendars since I have only one in Outlook 2013, the Microsoft Account calendar who is the default data file.

It seems extremely odd why this i happening only ONE WAY and not both ways. Anyhow, the meeting I receives are more important to get synced than the ones I send so I really hope there is a fix.

Kind regards

Magnus

Ok,

I have now tried to add a category to a meeting invite prior it is sent to me (on the remote pc) and also after it has been received on my pc. It still appears in the correct calendar (as before) bit it does not sync to Outlook.com. Any other appointment I setup on my pc automatically syncs to my Outlook.com Microsoft Account, so does tasks and contacs. However, meeting invites sent from someone else surely arrives in my inbox, I click accept and the meeting appears in my default calendar (the Microsoft Account calendar, the only calendar on my Outlook 2013 installation) but it does NOT sync to Outlook.com, hence not my phone or other devices connected to my Outlook.com / Microsoft account. Pheew, what am I missing here?

Please help!

Kind regards

Magnus

Try adding the category after it is accepted - that means you need to go into the calendar, but if it works, a macro could do it for you.

I'll test it again - updates released since my last test (where categories worked) may have affected it.

Adding a category is not working for meetings. It tried a few other things and they are not working either. The only thing that works right now is copy - select the meeting in the calendar, ctrl+c to copy, then paste in place.

Thanks for your reply.

Could you explain the procedure of copy and paste in. place. The meeting is already in the Outlook 2013 calendar belonging/connected to Outlook.com. What should I copy, from where and to where?

While waiting for your response I tried the copy button in the Outlook 2013 menu. It says "copy to my calendar". The result is that I have an exact copy in the same calendar, i.e. there are now two meetings with the same content occupying the same timeslot. Still no sync to Outlook.com though.

Kind regards

Magnus

Select meeting, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V - all without moving the mouse. It will create a new even called "Copy: subject" and that is the one that syncs. Yes, it duplicates it... but until a better solution is found (or its fixed), this will sync the meeting details. I know they are working on some updates to release in the spring, but I'm not sure if this is one of the things they are fixing.

Hi Diane,

Thanks. This workaround works if I do it on Outlook 2013. However if I accept the meeting invite on my Windows Phone. It only stays in the phone and is not replicated to Outlook.com hence not my Outlook 2013 client either. I have tried to copy the event in the phone but it does not work as if I copy the event in Outlook 2013.

I really hope there is an update to fix this soon. Meeting invites and planning is very much what Outlook is about.

Meanwhile, a great thank you for helping out.

Kind regards

Magnus

Adding a category is not working for meetings. It tried a few other things and they are not working either. The only thing that works right now is copy - select the meeting in the calendar, ctrl+c to copy, then paste in place.

Hello, Diane - unfortunately the copy/paste workaround isn't working for me on Outlook 2013. I'm happy to work with you to track down the problem - please let me know how I can help.

I'll see what I can find out and let you know if i need your help.

Hi,

If I send an invite it syncs fine to outlook.com but if I receive an invite it is only stored in my default calendar (outlook.com / live account calendar) but it is not synced to the cloud calendar outlook.com hence not further on to my phone either.

My default datafile is the microsoft account.

Please, if anyone has a solution to this extremely annoying flaw please tell me. Iam missing appointments as of now since they do not sync from my pc to the cloud to my phone.

Kind regards

Magnus

I have this same exact problem. It's driving me nuts! This setup worked great in Outlook 2010 but after upgrading to 2013 it's broken.

My setup, Outlook 2013 x64:

• Outlook.com account set up through EAS and set as the default data file (the only reason I have this account is to sync calendar and contacts to my Windows Phone)
  • Personal business email account setup as IMAP (all of my correspondence is done through this account)

Problem:

• If I create a calendar event in the Outlook desktop it syncs fine
  • If I receive an calendar invite through my xxx@outlook.com email account it syncs fine
  • If I receive an calendar invite through my business (IMAP) email account it goes into the calendar but never syncs

Things I've tried

• Create a rule where invites received through IMAP are moved to the outlook.com EAS inbox. This fails because you're not allowed to copy to EAS folders.
  • Create a rule where invites received through IMAP are forwarded to my xxx@outlook.com account. In this case they never actually appear in the xxx@outlook.com inbox but they are somehow added to the calendar as "not responded to" events. When I accept the invites they still just sit there and never sync.
  • I even went so far as to setup my business email as a send/receive pop account in the outlook.com web interface and had it deliver emails to a folder that could then be synced down to the desktop through EAS. In this case the events work normally and sync. BUT, the deal breaker is that the only way to respond to them is to send the response through my outlook.com account. ...not to mention it can take up to an hour for outlook web to fetch the emails.

I would love to find a solution to this. I really hate the idea of having to switch back to Outlook 2010. But after scouring the web for a week it's starting to look like that's my only choice.

Thanks

-Mick

Select meeting, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V - all without moving the mouse. It will create a new even called "Copy: subject" and that is the one that syncs. Yes, it duplicates it... but until a better solution is found (or its fixed), this will sync the meeting details. I know they are working on some updates to release in the spring, but I'm not sure if this is one of the things they are fixing.

Hi Diane,

I would like to add more issues to the already stated problem.

If I issue a meeting invite from Outlook 2013 it will be replicated to Outlook.com. But if I later change the date/time of this meeting (in Outlook 2013) to reflect a revised meeting time the new time is only reflected in Outlook 2013, not Outlook.com. Furthermore the old meeting appointment is still left in Outlook.com and is not removed in any synched devices. This means that not only do I have to do copy paste for incoming meeting invitations to get them synced to Outlook.com but for my own meeting invites sent out I need to do copy paste as well, in the event that I change the originally set time/date. In addition to this I also need to manually remove the meeting from Outlook.com since it is not synced/deleted for any meeting invite sent by myself which is later updated with new timings.

Basically, the current setup, Outlook 2013, Outlook.com EAS account and one or more IMAP accounts is NOT a valid solution IF you want to manage and sync meeting invites, either incoming or outgoing. However, everything works just fine when it comes to regular appointments, tasks and contacts.

PLEASE, someone, figure this out because it does not seem that it is a high prio for MS. Which is extremely odd given the whole idea with Outlook! Currently I do not have any Outlook of my meetings :-(

Kind regards

Magnus

I replied to this earlier, not sure why the moderators haven't approved it.

I found a workaround, but it's messy and would like a more permanent fix.

Here's what I've done:

• On my IMAP server: Forward a copy of all email to my xxx@outlook.com address. So basically my email is duplicated in both accounts.

It's important that this happens server-side
  • In the outlook desktop client:
    • IMAP account inbox: Create a rule that permanently deletes all meeting invites coming into this account

It's important that you do a permanent delete on the invites, otherwise Outlook somehow finds the invites and they appear in your calendar as tentative which messes with the synchronization.
    • Outlook EAS account inbox: Create a rule that deletes everything that has been forwarded from my IMAP except meeting invites

Now I just have to keep an eye on my xxx@outlook.com inbox to check for incoming meeting requests.

There are a few downsides to this approach:

• When you accept a meeting the response "From:" field defaults to your outlook.com address. You have to choose "Edit the response before sending" and change the "From: "address to your IMAP email if you want it to be coming from your IMAP.
  • When a meeting is updated and you accept the changes it will appear confirmed in your desktop client, but in the web client it appears as a "Tentative" meeting. I haven't found a way around this.

-Mick

I replied to this earlier, not sure why the moderators haven't approved it.

Because the moderator is running behind and didn't see that it needed moderated. :) As long as it's not spam, it will be approved. (The multiple email addresses in the message kicked it into moderation.)

Because the moderator is running behind and didn't see that it needed moderated. :) As long as it's not spam, it will be approved. (The multiple email addresses in the message kicked it into moderation.)

Ah! Thanks for all the work you do. I see your face everywhere when I'm searching the web for outlook help and you're always extremely helpful.

I have exactly the same issue as originally stated at the top of this thread. It means I have to rely on Google calendar. Surely there must be some progress so that meeting invites that arrive via an imap connection which I accept in Outlook 2013 get sync'ed to my hotmail (outlook.com) calendar. It can't be that MS don't see this as an issue. Is there any update or progress?

The IMAP account has a calendar 'this computer only' folder? Is the outlook.com data file set as default?

The IMAP account has a calendar 'this computer only' folder? Is the outlook.com data file set as default?

Dear Diane,

Is there any news on this dreadful error?

As previously mentioned in this thread I have this setup

- Outlook 2013 / desktopclient with three imap accounts and one Microsoft account.
- I have no calendars for the IMAP accounts
- I have a calendar for the Microsoft account (EAS)
- The Microsoft account is set to "default" in Outlook 2013
- The Microsoft datafile is set to "default" in Outlook 2013

Everything syncs just fine (Tasks, Contacts, Calendar etc.) EXCEPT

If I send a meeting invite from Outlook 2013 via any of my IMAP accounts ( I do not use my Microsoft account to send e-mails) it syncs directly to Outlook.com (Live.com) and further on to my phone.
But if I receive a meeting invite from someone else and accepts it in Outlook 2013, it goes directly to my calendar in Outlook 2013, which is the Microsoft account calendar, but it does not sync to outlook.com/live.com and hence not to my phone.

Previously I have been able to (your tip) to copy/paste in place such external meeting invitations but it does not work. They do not get synced to outlook.com/live.com.

How do I get this to work? This error have been present for almost a year now. Is it not recognized by Microsoft? There are lots and lots if users (when googling) who experience this very issue.

Please help!
Kind regards
Magnus

Status
Not open for further replies.