outlook 2010 email folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

tspaniel

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I recently changed my email from pop to imap. For some reason after i deleted the original pop email and set up a new imap email it started a new email acct. I need to merge and just use one. Not seeing where to do this anywhere. I also deleted my icloud acct since i didn't need it. not sure if that matters. Thanks

To import your Old PST file created through POP3 email account in the new IMAP PST account just follow this path: File>>Open, Import>>Import from another program or file>>Select file type>>Browse>>Next>>Finish

To import your Old PST file created through POP3 email account in the new IMAP PST account just follow this path: File>>Open, Import>>Import from another program or file>>Select file type>>Browse>>Next>>Finish

This won't allow me since the file is already in use. I could probably fix with someone on phone fairly quick? Otherwise i may need to delete the imap folder and leave as is?

Tom

if the pst is in use, its in your profile. You can either drag the items to the imap pst or close the pst (right click on the top level folder where it has the pst name) and choose Close. Then import. It can take a few minutes for outlook to release the hold, but if you close and restart outlook it will drop it.

If you decide to drag the items i would right click and drag to make a copy. The local pst can be your backup.

if the pst is in use, its in your profile. You can either drag the items to the imap pst or close the pst (right click on the top level folder where it has the pst name) and choose Close. Then import. It can take a few minutes for outlook to release the hold, but if you close and restart outlook it will drop it.

If you decide to drag the items i would right click and drag to make a copy. The local pst can be your backup.

I have over 3000 contacts and 25 folders under old profile. Isn't there a way to merge? It shows two data files see below. thx for help!

outlook.png

Oh, now i see. When you have imap accounts in outlook 2010 and older, you need a separate pst for the calendar and contacts, so no, there is no way to merge them. Sorry, when you mentioned imap earlier, I didn't think about it being the calendar and contacts pst.

Outlook 2013 removes that restriction, but it's risky because if anything happens to the account, you may lose your appointments and contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2010 sending safe senders email to junk box Using Outlook 8
A Flag outgoing email messages in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Customizing Outlook 2010 with Email Address Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2010 – Send email based on categories Using Outlook 2
Fozzie Bear Change the colour or font of individual email accounts in outlook 2010/13 Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Email Not Default Email Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Send from other email address uses account address instead Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 - email correspondence only showing up fully on an IPhone. Using Outlook 1
P Copy email address from outlook 2013/2010 Using Outlook 1
elzahy maintain email on outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Saving Outlook 2010 email with attachments but read the email without Outlook Using Outlook 2
E Outlook 2010 IMAP stalls/hangs on email deletes Using Outlook 3
S 2010 outlook today looks like an empty email box Using Outlook 4
S Customizing an Outlook 2010 Email Form Exchange Server Administration 1
J Email won't send Automatically in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
H outlook 2010 email can't send to other domain Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 - email address disappears when setting up new contact Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2010 Font on Reply Email is Very Small Ruler Will Not Extend Using Outlook 2
R outlook 2010 can't send email Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2010: Change the font for the area at the top of an open email. Using Outlook 1
L Auto printing unread email + attachments in Inbox - Outlook 2010 - (New user) Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2010 Stops Working When Accounting Application Tries To Send eMail Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2010 stuck in Work Offline mode; trouble sending email Using Outlook 1
E can't save draft email in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
R how to scan individual email messages Outlook 2010 64bit Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 Email address dissapearing in SOME of contacts Using Outlook 2
M Adding [From] Email Address to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010 Mailtips - Can they be printed with the email message Using Outlook 1
S outlook 2010 only shows old email Using Outlook 3
A Outlook 2010 - Want to Have All Email Reply Forward as Rich Test Using Outlook 7
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
S HTML Contents of an email Jumbled in Outlook 2010 Client Using Outlook 5
A email duplicates issue in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B outlook 2010 - email sound notification Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2010 - email address disappears when setting up new contact Using Outlook 3
C Deleted email message using Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
J Junk email filer stopped working in Outlook 2010 (32 bit) on a 64-bit Win 7 PC Using Outlook 12
J Saving Incoming & Outgoing Outlook 2010 Email Locally with IMAP Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 and how to get attachments listed when creating a new email? Using Outlook 1
R Recall Email Message when i'm not the original sender - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
T How to Use Recurring Email without buying an add-on for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
I Send Secure Email Through Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010 (32 bit) Using Outlook 0
I Send Secure Email Through Microsoft Outlook 2007 and 2010 (32 bit) Using Outlook 0
O Outlook 2010 - How to create custom Group By Arrangements for email Using Outlook 3
R How to remove an email from a grouped conversation Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2010 will not add or display new email accounts Using Outlook 3
J Problem using drag and drop to attach an html email in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 18
C Can't get all email in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2010 lost all eMail addresses from contacts Exchange Server Administration 4