Status
Not open for further replies.

KoolPal

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

I had posted this earlier in the Using Outlook forum. I think I asked the question in the wrong forum.

Can anyone help me with a simple code to insert first name of recipient(s) from a macro button?

This button would be executed from a new mail / reply or reply to all window.
The recipient name would be entered before this macro is executed.

Some sample code on how to manage multiple recipients would be an added help! :)

I know how to create a button, I just need help with the code.

Thanks a ton!

Do you just need an inputbox ? That would ask for you to type something.

strName = InputBox("Enter the name")

Then you'll use strName in the code where the name goes.

Thanks for the reply catherized! I am looking for a code which picks the name from the recipients in the To in the email.

Dear Diane,

If you help with some beginner code to start this I would be obliged.

If it would help with some commented options to indicate which line would get me first name , which would get me all names, etc THAT would be awesome!

Thanks a lot!

I don't have any code handy that does this (AFAIK) - you won't be able to get just first names easily if you are getting them from the recipients on the message - you'll get whatever display name is used.

I don't have any code handy that does this (AFAIK) - you won't be able to get just first names easily if you are getting them from the recipients on the message - you'll get whatever display name is used.
Dear Diane,

Thanks for this help. Can you help with the code to get the display name for the recipients?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K OL2010 Button to Insert First Name Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 Advice on syncing OL2010 Calendar and Outlook app Using Outlook 0
T OL2010 Password box keeps appearing. Using Outlook 6
R OL2010 - Send to Mail Recipient going to wrong account Using Outlook 1
T From OL2010 Pro to OL2003 Pro Using Outlook 4
J Calendar search failing & wrong indexlocation showing..OL2010 Using Outlook 3
B How do I REALLY disable Outlook Junk E-mail sorting in OL2010 and/or 2013? Using Outlook 1
B OL2010 and install custom WYWO form Using Outlook 1
O Form cache size for OL2010 is set up to 0 Kbs, but sometimes ! Using Outlook 8
R New computer, OL2010 unable to display shared calendar appointments Exchange Server Administration 3
P OL2010 - custom form contact picture Using Outlook 0
B Updating Macro to OL2010/32bit Using Outlook 8
J OL2010 Create a new task while off line Exchange Server Administration 3
M How to skip weekends on recurring appointments - OL2010? Using Outlook 4
R OL2010 Calendar Appointment Highlighting Text issue Using Outlook 3
P migration issue from OL2003 to OL2010 with custom contact form Using Outlook 7
R OL2010; How to ALWAYS Reply/Forward using HTML? Using Outlook 1
B OL2010 - signatures while forwarding tasks or appointments Using Outlook 2
B right click outlook objects in OL2010 acts on current inbox mailitem Using Outlook 6
T Can't remove NEW GROUP in OL2010 Using Outlook 1
S OL2010 - choosing to not save inline images Using Outlook 1
T Reinstalled OL2010 now have 3 separate inboxes and contacts missing Using Outlook 2
T Defer Sending emails in OL2010 Using Outlook 1
G Keyboarding with HTML Email in OL2010-64bit Using Outlook 0
S OL2003 labels in OL2010 Using Outlook 7
B how to debug in OL2010? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M OL2007 Add-in won't install on OL2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Create a Ribbon for the OL2010 Explorer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2021 ScanPST errors (yet again ... sorry): repair button missing Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 5
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B How to create a button that sorts and selects the most recent message with ONE click Using Outlook 2
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
L "Insert Pictures" Button-Wrong Folder Using Outlook 5
O Replace hard returns with soft returns on selected text and button to QAT Using Outlook 5
bdsermons Outlook 365 command button in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J "Contact" button in Journal entry Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2013 Macros only run in VB editor, not in drop down or button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
Witzker HowTo start a macro with an Button in OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Disabling import/export button to restrict PST creation Using Outlook 3
N Which Button Was Clicked on the Ribbonbar Menu Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Can't accept or decline task (no button appears) Using Outlook 2