How to force full message download for all Gmail messages in all folders with IMAP in Outlook 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Levine

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
How can one download all Gmail folders and sub-folders to Outlook 2013 using IMAP?

The only method I found is to select all the messages in one folder, then click Mark to Download. But I don't want to do this for every Gmail folder.

Is there a way to force the full message download for all Gmail messages in all Gmail folders using IMAP?

Note: In Outlook 2010, this was the method that worked for me. But it is a pain as one has to click lots check boxes. It works, but sucks. http://www.gilsmethod.com/force-outlook-2010-to-download-all-messages-and-attachments-with-imap

When you use Outlook 2013, full messages in all subscribed folders should be downloaded. Go into Send and Receive settings (Ctrl+Alt+S), and check the settings.

send-receive-settings.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 - Gmail and Outlook: how to force Outlook to start up in Gmail? Using Outlook 2
A Any way to force sort by/group by on search results with VBA? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A force outlook to default to MY calendar Using Outlook 3
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Force account selection for sending reply emails Using Outlook 1
C Force account selection - no reg path nor can create one Using Outlook 9
D Updating Registry to force new task and note items to save in a particular folder Using Outlook 1
S Force Outlook to use TCP Using Outlook 1
C Defer email delivery - but when force sent using F9 Using Outlook 1
R Force use of general outbox Using Outlook 1
F force new meetings and appointments to send from my IMAP account Using Outlook 7
A How can I force Outlook 2003 to use A4 paper? Using Outlook 6
J Force the 'From' account Using Outlook 1
C Can't move folder, the folder is full Using Outlook 0
P Can't see full text in From and Subject line Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Close a Meeting When the Room is Full Using Outlook 0
H "Advanced find: column for full folder path? Using Outlook 1
E Getting Outlook full name correct with AddressLayout Using Outlook 1
Britonius Admin cannot view full room calendar permissions Using Outlook 8
M Attachments mixed up - secure temp folder 'full'??? Using Outlook 0
D How to keep Outlook 7 open to full screen Using Outlook 2
B Full name of contact is now the company name Using Outlook 0
R problem with incomming e-mail I am unable to print full e-mail letter Using Outlook 1
S Full-day events Using Outlook 1
D Default for full Justification Exchange Server Administration 1
G "Full Item has not been downloaded" message. HELP! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
W Names reversed in Full Name field Using Outlook 4
G 'primary' filegroup is full BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Primary file group is full error message BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
D href tags does not result in the full url with Redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Mailbox is always full Using Outlook 2
Rob Can't save MailItem because the message changed in .pst file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Search message, then (1) Jump to folder & (2) Select message that you searched for Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
F Outlook 2019 Forwarding Message and Keeping Unread Status Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Populate form data into message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B How to create a button that sorts and selects the most recent message with ONE click Using Outlook 2
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
A rule name into message - how? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
A Links in email getting error message about group policy Using Outlook 4
O How to find and replace a word in Outlook-Agenda-Subject and Message? Using Outlook 0
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3