Gmail not updating Outlook Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

hguilfoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
Have Outlook Home (365). Gmail is one account in my list of accounts....set up as an IMAP. Email takes a long time to update in Outlook. An email sent at 7PM last night did not update until 9AM this morning, despite repeated send/receive requests. Other email accounts updating fine. Android phone and iPad updated immediately,

Any ideas? Have searched this forum and others on the internet but solutions offered do not address the problem.

Has it ever worked as expected?

Did you make any changes to the send and receive groups or settings?
If you delete the SRS file for your profile and use the defaults does it work?

Press windows key + r to open the Run command then type or paste
%appdata%\microsoft\outlook
and press enter. Find and delete the SRS file.
From http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner-user/srs-file/

Has it ever worked as expected?

Did you make any changes to the send and receive groups or settings?
If you delete the SRS file for your profile and use the defaults does it work?

Press windows key + r to open the Run command then type or paste
%appdata%\microsoft\outlook
and press enter. Find and delete the SRS file.
From http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner-user/srs-file/
No changes prior to problem.
Deleted SRS file - problem continues. Takes a long time for "synchronizing subscribed folders to finish....not sure if it ever finishes or just times out!

No changes prior to problem.
Deleted SRS file - problem continues. Takes a long time for "synchronizing subscribed folders to finish....not sure if it ever finishes or just times out!

Try unsubbing from folders you don't use - start with [gmail]\all mail. A guy i helped yesterday had sync issues and they went away when we unsubbed folders. He got rid of all mail, important, starred and a few others he didn't use. right cliclk on any folder in the gmail box and choose Imap folders, then click Query to see the folders. Select and click unsubscribe.

Screenshot shot at the bottom: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-outlook/synchronizing-outlook-google-accounts/

Try unsubbing from folders you don't use - start with [gmail]\all mail. A guy i helped yesterday had sync issues and they went away when we unsubbed folders. He got rid of all mail, important, starred and a few others he didn't use. right cliclk on any folder in the gmail box and choose Imap folders, then click Query to see the folders. Select and click unsubscribe.

Screenshot shot at the bottom: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-outlook/synchronizing-outlook-google-accounts/

Only subscribed folders are Deleted items, Drafts, Junk E-mail, and Sent Items. None of these can be unsubscribed. I also deleted all active emails from >1 week ago. But still takes forever! to update gmail. I'm having to keep my iPad side by side with my Surface Pro 3 to keep up to date with gmail!

Any other ideas?

Is there anything in the sync issues folder? Switch to the folder list if you don't see it - Ctrl+6 is the shortcut for it. (Ctrl+1 will get you back to the mail list.)

Another option is to delete the gmail ost file and let Outlook recreate it. Oh, are you syncing all items or just recent? File, Account settings, double click on the gmail account to check the sync slider.

Is there anything in the sync issues folder? Switch to the folder list if you don't see it - Ctrl+6 is the shortcut for it. (Ctrl+1 will get you back to the mail list.)

Another option is to delete the gmail ost file and let Outlook recreate it. Oh, are you syncing all items or just recent? File, Account settings, double click on the gmail account to check the sync slider.

There were 304 entries in the Sync Issues folder! Why this folder is not displayed automatically.....that's a question for another day. The Sync Issues (this computer) IS displayed.....

Anyway, None of the entries in the folder make sense. Can you help me interpret what I'm seeing?

There were 304 entries in the Sync Issues folder! Why this folder is not displayed automatically.....that's a question for another day. The Sync Issues (this computer) IS displayed.....

Anyway, None of the entries in the folder make sense. Can you help me interpret what I'm seeing?
Here's the latest entry:
Thursday, July 10, 2014
12:37 PM
12:28:29 Synchronizer Version 15.0.4631.1002
12:28:29 Synchronizing Mailbox 'xxxxxxxx@gmail.com'
12:28:29 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Drafts'
12:28:30 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Inbox'
12:29:47 Error synchronizing message 'Today's Headlines: Welcome to the Everything Boom, or Maybe the '
12:29:47 [800CCC0F-0-0-322]
12:29:47 32 item(s) updated in online folder
12:29:47 Error synchronizing folder
12:29:47 [800CCC0F-0-0-440]
12:29:47 Canceled

Here's the latest entry:
Thursday, July 10, 2014
12:37 PM
12:28:29 Synchronizer Version 15.0.4631.1002
12:28:29 Synchronizing Mailbox 'xxxxxxxx@gmail.com'
12:28:29 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Drafts'
12:28:30 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Inbox'
12:29:47 Error synchronizing message 'Today's Headlines: Welcome to the Everything Boom, or Maybe the '
12:29:47 [800CCC0F-0-0-322]
12:29:47 32 item(s) updated in online folder
12:29:47 Error synchronizing folder
12:29:47 [800CCC0F-0-0-440]
12:29:47 Canceled

and another:
12:30:16 Synchronizer Version 15.0.4631.1002
12:30:16 Synchronizing Mailbox 'xxxxxxx@gmail.com'
12:30:16 Synchronizing Hierarchy
12:30:16 1 folder(s) updated in online store
12:30:17 Terminated in error
12:30:17 [800CCC0F-0-0-940]

Some more information:
In looking at the synchronization log, it appears that the errors being reported have already synced to Outlook. It seems that Outlook is s trying to add them again and then when it errors out it terminates any further synchronization. Hence, none of the new messages are being added. Occassionally, it doesn't hit a message it can't 're

Some more information:
In looking at the synchronization log, it appears that the errors being reported have already synced to Outlook. It seems that Outlook is s trying to add them again and then when it errors out it terminates any further synchronization. Hence, none of the new messages are being added. Occassionally, it doesn't hit a message it can't "resync' and so it is able to completely post new messages.

Only option when I double click on the gmail account takes me to Data File Settings is to compact now. No option to check sync slider.

Here's the latest entry:

This message is causing problems - find and shift+delete it or move it to a folder on your hard drive.

12:30:16 Synchronizing Hierarchy
12:30:16 1 folder(s) updated in online store

I think this means there is a problem with a folder on the server. Did Outlook create a folder in the account online? Log into gmail.com to check the folder list.

Only option when I double click on the gmail account takes me to Data File Settings is to compact now. No option to check sync slider.

You aren't looking in the correct place -

sync-slider.png

This message is causing problems - find and shift+delete it or move it to a folder on your hard drive.

I think this means there is a problem with a folder on the server. Did Outlook create a folder in the account online? Log into gmail.com to check the folder list.

See later replies... message already updated with no problems..

It will remove them from outlook but won't delete them off the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.