Sending and receiving emails in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Voller

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
About a month ago Outlook 2003 stopped sending and receiving emails from my laptop.

I am able to access emails through Yahoo via my BT (UK) email address - this same address is the one I use in Outlook. The problem seems to be with Outlook rather than my email address. The emails I send through Yahoo are showing my current Outlook address. I am also getting a window on the Outlook email page asking me to enter my user name and password which I have done many times.

The first indication I had that there was a problem was the downloading of ancient emails multiple times.
I checked the 'save copy on server' box was unchecked - which it was and managed eventually to delete over 48,000 emails. These are no longer being downloaded when I go in to Outlook to see if I can get it working again. The calendar facility in Outlook is working perfectly.

Are you able to suggest anything to help with this frustrating problem.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Is the account configured as imap or pop3? Are you using two factor authentication in yahoo? This is where you get a code sent to your phone and need to enter it to log in. Outlook can't do that and needs a special app password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2007 has stopped receiving and sending emails Using Outlook 2
T My Outlook 2007 suddenly stopped receiving or sending emails. Using Outlook 1
M Sending/Receiving emails for hotmail account in Outlook 2007 using Outlook Connector 14.0 Using Outlook 2
A my microsoft outlook 2010 trial is not sending/receiving emails Using Outlook 1
T Emails - sending and receiving multiple copies of the same email Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
M McAllister Outlook stops Sending/Receiving/Synching after disconnecting remote desktop session Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2007 not sending/receiving until restart (send/receive stuck at __%) Using Outlook 27
T Default inbox not automatically sending/receiving Using Outlook 1
A After receiving the same email 3 times, Outlook starts sending it to junk Using Outlook 1
C Cant see detailed progress of sending and receiving Using Outlook 1
B my outlook has stopped receiving and sending e mails to and from my aol e mail Using Outlook 3
H getting error code 0x800ccc18 when sending/receiving e-mails Using Outlook 2
L Sudden problem with sending receiving att.net e-mail account accessed through outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2010 is not sending or receiving Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2007: Email not sending...just receiving. Using Outlook 2
K Sending and Receiving E-mails at the same time on my laptop and main computer Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 sending & receiving old account not showing in Accounts Using Outlook 1
B Task 'Email removed for privacy - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8DE00006) : 'The operatio Using Outlook 1
S MS Outlook SLOW AS ____ when Sending Receiving Using Outlook 1
K problems with sending & receiving email in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 5
J sending pdf which is being coverted to a win.dat file in the receiving emial Using Outlook 1
D Sending receiving email in Outlook Using Outlook 1
C Not receiving/sending email with Outlook (established program). Using Outlook 4
E Having difficulty sending or receiving mail from the other Hotmail account I opened the error messag Using Outlook 1
B Receiving error code for all accounts when sending/receiving 0x8004010f "The operation failed. An ob Using Outlook 1
M 0x80070057 when sending/receiving Hotmail account messages in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
I sending and receiving mail is not working Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 Stalling on Sending/Receiving Using Outlook 2
C Error when sending/receiving Using Outlook 2
E Can't receiving and sending message with Outlook 2010 using wireless! Using Outlook 2
D Keep receiving Sending' report error (0x80042109) in Outlook 2003 & 2007 on multilpe computers thru Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 2007 not sending or receiving Using Outlook 1
S outlook 2010 sending and receiving Using Outlook 1
S Disable Out of Office replies when receiving replies from "Sending on Behalf" appointment requests Using Outlook 1
L Sending and receiving email Using Outlook 2
E Error in sending and receiving Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2002 not sending or receiving email after upgrade from Windows XP to 7. Using Outlook 2
S When closing outlook and sending and receiving, accounts listed twice. Using Outlook 6
G 0x8004102A error sending/receiving Hotmail account with Outlook Connector 14.0 and MS OL 2010 Using Outlook 8
L sending and receiving e-mails Using Outlook 2
A Flag Message for Follow Up after sending Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 3
E Change sending account depending on Subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L unblocking attachments before sending Office 365 Advanced Protection Using Outlook 0
R Warn before sending message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
HarvMan Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable Using Outlook 4
A Sending contact vcards sends older version instead of updated version Using Outlook 4
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
B When sending an email, I am showing 2 of my address's Using Outlook 1