Sending and receiving emails in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Voller

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
About a month ago Outlook 2003 stopped sending and receiving emails from my laptop.

I am able to access emails through Yahoo via my BT (UK) email address - this same address is the one I use in Outlook. The problem seems to be with Outlook rather than my email address. The emails I send through Yahoo are showing my current Outlook address. I am also getting a window on the Outlook email page asking me to enter my user name and password which I have done many times.

The first indication I had that there was a problem was the downloading of ancient emails multiple times.
I checked the 'save copy on server' box was unchecked - which it was and managed eventually to delete over 48,000 emails. These are no longer being downloaded when I go in to Outlook to see if I can get it working again. The calendar facility in Outlook is working perfectly.

Are you able to suggest anything to help with this frustrating problem.

Is the account configured as imap or pop3? Are you using two factor authentication in yahoo? This is where you get a code sent to your phone and need to enter it to log in. Outlook can't do that and needs a special app password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T Emails - sending and receiving multiple copies of the same email Using Outlook 4
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
M McAllister Outlook stops Sending/Receiving/Synching after disconnecting remote desktop session Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2007 not sending/receiving until restart (send/receive stuck at __%) Using Outlook 27
T Default inbox not automatically sending/receiving Using Outlook 1
A After receiving the same email 3 times, Outlook starts sending it to junk Using Outlook 1
C Cant see detailed progress of sending and receiving Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
D Prompt to prefix subject line whenever sending an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P default font when sending email from browser Using Outlook 1
M Messages Intermittently Dont Arrive In Sent Items After Sending Successfully Using Outlook 4
O Outlook on Android: after sharing / sending a news article, draft remains open. Why? Using Outlook 1
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
V Form data not sending for some users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L isn't there an OL add-on that flags addressee before sending Using Outlook 3
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
A Flag Message for Follow Up after sending Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 3
E Change sending account depending on Subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L unblocking attachments before sending Office 365 Advanced Protection Using Outlook 0
R Warn before sending message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
HarvMan Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable Using Outlook 4
A Sending contact vcards sends older version instead of updated version Using Outlook 4
D Adding Enterprise Exchange Email Account to Outlook Prevents Sending via Outlook.com Account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 10
B When sending an email, I am showing 2 of my address's Using Outlook 1
M Auto expand Distribution List Before Sending Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Check for words in subject header before sending email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Run macro automatically at sending an email Using Outlook 11
W Sending To Wrong Account Using Outlook 15
H Select Specific Account When Sending Email, Based on Current Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Help sending email but removing signature via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M MsgBox when not sending from specified account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Script to fetch data from mails in restricted collection and sending them to excel Using Outlook 1
R Sending emails via Outlook XP, from Windows 10 File Explorer Using Outlook 1
L Creating drafts when I thought I was sending Using Outlook 1
C address book "when sending email" bug? Using Outlook 0
H Custom autoforwarding, sending mail through outlook office 365 Using Outlook 1
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C replace subject line generated by converting a word document to PDF and sending it to an email Using Outlook 8
A Sending Emails Through Outlook From Multiple Email Addresses Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 365 sending intermittently Using Outlook 0
C How to avoid sending mail to the wrong contact person Using Outlook 1
V iCloud Calendar invitations not sending Using Outlook 3
O Rules and Alerts for New Messages BEFORE sending Using Outlook 2
latitudeit Outlook for Android - Sending from an alias address Using Outlook 2
X Delay sending an email until the next working day (public holidays) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Macro sending outlook template from Excel list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A How to get rid of "sending on behalf of" when sending from Outlook 2016 client Using Outlook 12
O Outlook 2013 Problems sending large mails Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Automatically create a task when sending a message Using Outlook 0