"Switch to HTML" in Outlook 2016 notes field

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Simpson

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Outlook 365 (2016) gives you, when attempting to paste an image into a note field in a calendar event or contact, this button
upload_2016-10-28_12-26-19.png
and then the image is visible in the note.

Problem is that when I save and close the contact and then call it back up, the note is still in plain text format and the image, of course, is no longer there as it was when saved.

If it makes any difference, I am using an outlook.com account for contacts, calendar events and email.

Do you know if your account was moved to the new server? The old server doesn't support HTML. The attachment should be there, just hidden - you might be able to tell based on the item size (unless it's a really small image).

If you are on the new server, you should remove the account from outlook and add it back using auto account setup. This will add it as an Exchange account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A few question before I decide to switch to Pop from imap Using Outlook 9
O How to recover rules after switch from POP3 to IMAP Using Outlook 2
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
D Outlook 2016: /altvba startup switch does not work Using Outlook 2
J VBA to switch Outlook online/offline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Switch template with account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P How to switch back from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2007? Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010: using /altvba switch Using Outlook 1
T How to determine when I switch from mail to calendar etc. Using Outlook 9
E Should I switch to IMAP? Using Outlook 0
wisedave Switch from POP3 over to IMAP Using Outlook 3
K Can Outlook be launched with the /cleanreminders switch multiple times? Using Outlook 2
W How to switch my list view back to normal view Using Outlook 1
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
M Switch Mail format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U Using /a switch to send multiple files? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 365 html inline images Using Outlook 0
Albert McCann Outlook 2021 Outlook Display of HTML Email from two senders is glitchy Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
K Outlook adds space to rows in HTML email signatures viewed on mobile Using Outlook 1
S HTML to Plain Text Macro - Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M HTML email signature in Outlook Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2016 Unable to view images or logos on the outlook 2016 emails the same html code works well when i use outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2003 shows html code when To: field is empty Using Outlook 7
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
U HTML Task Alternate Home Page View Control Using Outlook 3
D Custom form with html hyperlink Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
D Keep Original html body when forwarding an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Emails Configured As HTML But Sent As Plain Text Using Outlook 13
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
H Search and delete part of a link inside HTML body message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook 2013 doesn't download html messages Using Outlook 0
A How can I load a HTML template into the WordEditor? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
cabinet guy permanent response in html Using Outlook 1
C Signatures in HTML emails Using Outlook 5
I Outlook 2013 Appointments not in HTML Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
B Replies never HTML Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2002: HTML Emails Will Not Print: Please Help Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook crashes when viewing HTML Messages Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Create a New Message using an HTML File or Stationery Using Outlook 0
V incorrect html signature printed Using Outlook 2
Z alter the timeout for how long outlook looks for a content-server on an HTML-email? Using Outlook 5