VBA Code to move mail items from search folder to inbox subfolder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushil

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Need assistance regarding VBA code. I like to move the mail items from a search folder to a subfolder in Inbox. Scenario is I want to automate transfer of one week old mail items to a particular subfolder in the Inbox. I believe that this can not be done using rules. Only option which may be possible that I create a search folder and then use some macro to move those items from the search folder to inbox subfolder. So would like to have some VBA code for such macro which can transfer the mail items form search folder in inbox subfolder

Diane, thank you for your reply. this is quite useful macro. But in my scenario, it is not only aged email, I want to use some additional criteria also. Search folder give me more liberty as I can change the criteria on search folder based on my requirement and then just want to click a button (macro) to move those items from search folder to a sub-folder.

The problem is, a search folder doesn't hold the message, it only holds a pointer to the message. If there isn't a lot of criteria, you can do it in the macro (it's harder to write a complicated filter).

Thank you Diane, I will add additional criteria in your macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M VBA code needed to move from Outlook 2010 subfolder to Symantec Vault subfolde Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA code to select a signature from the signatures list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 10
S Outlook VBA How to adapt this code for using in a different Mail Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Add VBA save code Using Outlook 0
C Auto Run VBA Code on new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F VBA code to dock Styles whenever I write or edit an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Expand VBA Permanent Delete Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A VBA Code in Outlook disappears after first use Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F VBA to ensure a code is entered in Subject title Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Open & Save VBAProject.Otm using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R VBA Code to permanently delete selected email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
C Need VBA code to automatically save message outside outlook and add date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B VBA Code to create appointment from email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D VBA Code to strip Subject Line when replying or forwarding Using Outlook 3
M VBA Code to Restart Outlook on error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Z Default VBA code for extracting data from email (Outlook) to Excel? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T VBA to Sort Rules [A-Z] - code provided Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M VBA Auto-Reply code for Two Mailboxes on one Outlook Session. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Z Protecting VBA code - anything new? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G VBA code to enable a rule based on time of day for a IMAP mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
S VBA code to rename a task (flagged message) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M VBA code to save email attachments (PDF) as email subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F VBA Code to change subject Like Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Pasting VBA code (and other editing) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Required VBA code to complete task when replied to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Kelli VBA code for Outlook Using Outlook 1
S Requried a VBA Code to export Calander details to excel... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M VBA Code to extract data from an Outlook Form Using Outlook 0
C In need of VBA code to read / parse HTML - Outlook emails Using Outlook 0
R [VBA] complicated(?) outlook events - need help with code Using Outlook 15
R how to get Outlook VBA code to work on the current folder Using Outlook 3
J VBA code can't be completely executed in outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
D VBA: Send-From Code for Template Shortcut? Using Outlook 0
P VBA Code being completely ignored by Outlook Using Outlook 7
M Updating VBA code from outlook 2007 to outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
J VBA code to determine 'show' state of SearchBar Using Outlook 7
D VBA code running on Server? Shared mailbox email routing Using Outlook 3
L Send E-mail with VBA code from [E-mail Distribution Group] if I have “Send as” Using Outlook 6
S Outllok 2007 VBA code to send mail automatically from drafts folder Using Outlook 1
S ThisOutlookSession in VBA not there anymore and code is gone Using Outlook 2
F No Attachment Warning - VBA Code HELP Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J VBA code (rules) won't work after reboot Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N VBA code to show today's date + a sequencial number in subject lin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Accessing .pst folder in outlook using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Beginner Needs VBA Help in Modifying Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2