How To Repair OST File & Export OST File to Outlook PST ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardstafford94

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2013
I am using office 2013 and due to some reason outlook ost got corrupted. Please suggest me some easy ways to recover corrupted ost files to pst

The recommended fix is to just rename the ost if its from an IMAP account or delete it if belongs to an Exchange account and let outlook rebuild it. If the ost is really large and your network slow, you could use a scanpst on it.

I am using office 2013 and due to some reason outlook ost got corrupted. Please suggest me some easy ways to recover corrupted ost files to pst
This is dubious. I ain't buying it. You came and posted such a question that only attracts the snake-oil merchants. I don't understand this. If you had an OST file, why would you like to convert it into PST format? Microsoft provides built-in tools like scanpst.exe and scanost.exe. Why don't you try them? It seems you're waiting for you partner who'll surely recommend you a tool that would magically work for you.

Yes, the OP posted only to attract snake oil merchants... in fact OP is associated with a specific snake oil merchant who recommended their product shortly after.... so partner came and was gone less than 2 hours later when i saw it and deleted. I debated whether to delete or leave the original message but figured real people might learn from it.. and if it attracts too many spammers, I'll lock it later.

Honestly, the ost to pst (and other formats to pst) people are the absolute worst spammers. They'll post a question as someone else then answer it. Many are just reselling other companies products. In one thread, i delete the spam, then posted an answer - I named the company and said they spammers and not to be trusted. They came back a few days later and posted again! Clearly either did not read before posting or did not understand English. Sad part is, these scammers make everyone less trustful of people from their country.

As for the need to convert ost to pst, the biggest reason is because ost only work with the account and profile that created them. if you need to access data in an orphaned ost, you need to convert to pst. This was most common with people leaving companies who had personal content in their mailbox and a laptop - they deleted the company account and lost their contacts. Now its needed by the lucky few who have an imap account and put stuff in the this computer only folders *and* made a backup of the ost file.
Convert an Offline File (.ost) to a Personal File (.pst)

Scanpost is no longer recommended - since its a copy of the server, just rename the ost and resync.

The only issue is with imap accounts in outlook 2013 and newer- they use an ost file and can store calendar & contacts, which are not backed up or synced anywhere.... and the ost is deleted when the account is deleted. Not pretty. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M How do I Repair OST File from corruption and Recover OST data? Using Outlook 3
S Repair corrupt .PST & .OST files Using Outlook 5
P Recommendation for PST repair program Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 365 Bad experience with KernelAPPS PST Repair program Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2021 ScanPST errors (yet again ... sorry): repair button missing Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 5
J SCANPST errors Outlook PST repair? Using Outlook 1
DariTrevino MIcrosoft Outlook PST file cannot repair Using Outlook 1
A ScanPST finding errors but no Repair button Using Outlook 2
J Office 365 - Online Repair vs. Uninstall Reinstall Using Outlook 1
C scanpst.exe doesn't repair .pst file Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Repair a Large Outlook Personal Folders File (over 2GB) Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to repair a damaged Outlook Personal Folders file (pst) Using Outlook 0
makinmyway ScanPST.exe Missing Repair Button Using Outlook 15
D Trying to repair Outlook rules Using Outlook 5
V pst repeatedly needing repair Using Outlook 2
D pst repair Using Outlook 3
A repair outlook Using Outlook 2
L Outlook repair Using Outlook 1
R MS Office 2010 repair and pst files Using Outlook 2
N Inbox repair tool - scanpst.exe. That file is missing from my computer. Using Outlook 2
W Inbox Repair Tool missing Using Outlook 5
T MSSMLBIZ will not start after a Windows XP Repair BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
J Recover server side rules from OST/PST without access to the server Using Outlook 2
Z Outlook.com OST Stopped working without explanation Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
DoctorJellybean Use OST file location for fresh installation? Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Exporting IMAP OST file to PST Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 2019 i dont want to buy the snake oil ost to pst programs Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 OST thinks it is PST? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 Exchange .ost within Personal Vaul Using Outlook 0
L Restoring Outlook from backup of OST Using Outlook 5
K Outlook 2016 - controlling IMAP OST size with Group Policy not working Using Outlook 1
J How to open OST file in Outlook 2019 & 2016 Using Outlook 1
abnet Advice required re backing up .ost and .pst files Using Outlook 7
DoctorJellybean Preserve OST file location in new installation? Using Outlook 4
S Moving .OST file location unsuccessful! Using Outlook 6
S auto-mapping mailboxes in outlook impacting an ost file? Exchange Server Administration 2
V Carbonite not backing up .ost files Using Outlook 7
B What is best IMAP .OST file to .PST file converter solutions? Using Outlook 1
O Using .OST and .PST mail thru different providers Using Outlook 5
I Convert POP3 account (PST) to IMAP (.OST) Using Outlook 3
E Outlook 2010 Can somebody tell me , the question associated with OST format Using Outlook 1
katehawkins Outlook 2013 Ost to pst conversion problem Using Outlook 1
BretAB Connected vs Connected Headers vs OST file. Exchange Server Administration 2
BretAB Connected vs Connected Headers vs OST file. Using Outlook 2
E How to transform .OST in .PST ? Using Outlook 1
C OST email backup Exchange Server Administration 1
myPalabok not all emails are in OST Using Outlook 2
J Backup .OST - Custom Contact Forms, Defined Fields, Notes Using Outlook 1
T Compacting Outlook 2010 OST results in old emails being re-sent Using Outlook 6