Facebook notifications marked as Norton Antispam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rupert Dragwater

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Suddenly and without any warning whatsoever, several of my Facebook notifications that roar into Outlook 2013, are marked as Spam. I've only contacted Norton three times and I'm getting nowhere fast.
I changed nothing, I did nothing and I know nothing as to why this problem suddenly burst onto the scene.
I've gone through Norton Antispam settings (as did the Tech who shot on board of this computer) and there's zero that they can find that is causing this. Therefore, I come unto thee O great one (Diane) to get your take on this.
One Tech did say something about creating a rule to stop that but ma! I cannot seem to get anywhere with that. Please advise.
(I might add that I put the Facebook address into the Safe Senders / Safe Recipients and this has accomplished zero)

Can you set up a trusted/safe list for the addresses? The Outlook junk filter's safe list won't apply if its Norton that is doing it and I'm guessing the filter runs before rules, so a rule probably won't help.

My guess is they updated their filter because people were reporting the messages as spam.

I've tried the Outlook Junk Filter's Safe List and it doesn't work. The name comes in with the individuals name with this address from Facebook hot on the trail of the name, "notifications+oo_sjs4y@facebookmail.com"
If I try to put the individual's name in front of the address, Norton puts it in but then it only shows the email address from Facebook without the individual's name. And the results, it doesn't stop giving me the message as Norton Antispam.
It's something that is new, so seemingly, Norton has done something but their Techs are stumped as giving a fix. Presently, I've got the Antispam just shut off since there is one email that comes in here regularly that is garbage and Norton is not marking it as spam.
If you have further advice, I'm listening. Thanks!

I'm being told by an individual on the Norton forums to go to File and click on Info and go to Properties. But when I click on Info, that does nothing. Is not the Info simply to show what is underneath, e.g. Open & Export / Save As etc. ?

What did he want you to check on file, properties? Open a messages and then go to file....

If you add Facebookmail.com to the safe list does it help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

and what to do after I get some links to the safe list and they are still under spam

If Norton is filtering spam, adding the address to Outlook's safe list won't help unless Norton uses outlook's safe list. There should be a setting in Norton to whitelist the address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W Outlook WAS facebook but there is no info for old accounts Using Outlook 0
R How to delete Facebook Contacts folder in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 7
iwshim Outlook Social Connector for Facebook - updates? work arounds? Using Outlook 1
Commodore First LinkedIn, now Facebook... Using Outlook 3
D Must now "View on Facebook" for Mentions/Comments-Outlook 2013 click-to-run Using Outlook 2
D Text Of Facebook Status Updates & Posted Photos NOT Showing In Emails Using Outlook 3
F Outlook 2013 and Facebook Using Outlook 2
Commodore Difference between Facebook entries in browser vs. people pane Using Outlook 2
D Particular Facebook "Hyperlink" Issue In Office 2010 Outlook (32 bit) Using Outlook 5
Commodore Outlook 2007 stops fetching Facebook updates Using Outlook 5
C stop facebook? Using Outlook 16
Diane Poremsky Facebook and Live Providers for Social Connector Using Outlook 2
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Email notifications changed with Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 8
P i-Phone 6s Plus receiving 2 notifications from Outlook email Using Outlook 1
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 365 Email Notifications Using Outlook 0
O Delete duplicate emails - subscription notifications Using Outlook 5
P Disable Spam Notifications & Sounds Using Outlook 3
Rick Rickert Would like bigger meeting notifications. Using Outlook 3
M Mobile notifications and sync in Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
M Can't Delete iCloud Calendar Notifications From Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
M Reminders or Notifications for Internet Calendars Using Outlook 1
D Limiting email notifications message Using Outlook 1
V Disabling all delete notifications Using Outlook 0
J Auto Accept Notifications from a shared icloud calendar? Using Outlook 4
D Stop meeting acceptance notifications Using Outlook 1
D Cancelled Meeting Notifications to another mail address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Outlook 2013 email notifications Using Outlook 1
J Calender notifications from a shared generic mailbox. Using Outlook 1
J Up date notifications? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M My Outlook notifications are off by 25 minutes Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 Mail Notifications appear for ALL emails--no good Using Outlook 1
S Questions about Calendar Notifications Using Outlook 1
S Notifications in Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Delete Appointments with Notifications Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
S E-mails marked as read turn back to unread after a couple of seconds Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
M contact marked as completed in phone view but not when opened Using Outlook 2
D Shared Mailbox with mail item marked as "private" Using Outlook 0
Britonius Delegate cannot view meetings marked Private by Another Chairperson Using Outlook 7
N Adding a note to a e-mail which has been marked as follow up Using Outlook 1
B Marked Complete Rule Using Outlook 0
M adding marked emails under follow-up Using Outlook 2
B Messages stay marked unread Using Outlook 2
K How to change status of a mail marked as a task (VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Add-in problem: Process All Marked Header doesn't display email bodies Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G why are my mails getting marked as spam? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1