gmail listed multiple times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy Rhone

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
I tried adding my gmail account to outlook and it failed. So I tried again. Now I have the gmail address listed 3 times on the left. How do I remove the extra ones? When I try to remove them, the error says they are linked to an account.

You need to delete them from the registry -
  1. open the registry editor
  2. go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Profiles
  3. open your profile key - it's probably called Outlook.
  4. look for this key - 9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676 - it will have a triangle next to it.
  5. expand each of the subkeys (000000*) and look for the gmail account - if you have 3, it should be the last 3.
  6. If you were finally able to add the account, the first 2 are the ones to delete. Or just delete it from account settings and remove the keys that are left.

You may also want to search the profile key for the value 001f6641 - if you open it, double click to open and see if the gmail account is listed. If so, delete it. (This works best if you don't have a working Gmail account in your profile - otherwise you might delete the key for it.)
2021-06-03_18-46-48-0000.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 not letting me setup my Gmail using pop Using Outlook 1
V Folder Properties - Gmail account can't switch Using Outlook 5
K Gmail not removed from server Using Outlook 3
K Moved pst to new computer, now Gmail not coming into Outlook Using Outlook 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
J gmail and deleted emails. Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about 2-Step Verification with my gmail Using Outlook 0
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2021 Having problem setting up outlook 2021 with windows 11. I have 3 gmail accounts and I want the 3 gmail, emails to merge into the same outlook input. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
T Outlook 2019 Using Gmail aliases in Outlook Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is anyone else having problem conneccting to gmail? Using Outlook 27
T How to deal with Upcoming GMAIL changes Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 365 - Gmail and Outlook: how to force Outlook to start up in Gmail? Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2016 Unable to delete Gmail IMAP calendar Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can emails from Gmail be deleted when they are downloaded to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
K Outlook 2019 Randomly Disconnecting from Gmail Servers Using Outlook 8
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
A Any way to make Outlook Calendar invitations look right to Gmail/Google Calendar users? Using Outlook 3
M Gmail address associated with Outlook on new phone Using Outlook 9
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone explain syncing with Outlook and Gmail Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i All of a sudden I lost connection to Gmail servers Using Outlook 8
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 Help setting up Gmail account in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 and GMail Using Outlook 0
A How to create fixed signatures for aliases that process through GMAIL? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Connecting Gmail to Outlook 365 - My Setup not working Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 how to use gmail account as source account for outlook 365 Using Outlook 9
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 14
M Managing Gmail "All Mail" sync issues with IMAP Using Outlook 1
B BCC issues after changing root folder path for gmail Using Outlook 1
V Gmail in Outlook Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2013 Gmail within Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
egarneau Meeting updates with external contacts (GMail) Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
M Gmail is not downloading in my outlook account Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Invisible e-mails in Gmail accounts Using Outlook 0
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
P Best configuration for Outlook 2016, Gmail and iCloud Using Outlook 8
Z Outlook 2013 Gmail IMPA emails not showing dates only showing times Using Outlook 1
GaryW88 2016 Archiving IMAP keeping mail on Gmail Server Using Outlook 1
S Sync Issues With My Gmail Account Using Outlook 7