Outlook EAS protocol version

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffshead

Outlook version
Outlook 2021 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have a few questions that are all related.

Background:
I'm trying to setup a unified inbox (How to Create a Unified Inbox View) for Outlook 2021 desktop. I have a mixture of IMAP, POP, MAPI and EAS accounts. I've read that Outlook desktop no longer supports EAS, however, I have successfully set up Exchange ActiveSync accounts in Outlook 2021.

0OOgeV5.jpeg

The email server is actually MDaemon, not Exchange. I encounter two problems. 1) The MDaemon ActiveSync accounts do not sync Notes or Drafts. When I check the EAS protocal used by the Outlook client in MDaemon, it is 14. My attempts to change it to 16.1 have been unsuccessful. 2) MDaemon offers an Outlook Connector add-in. It works just fine and it syncs Notes and Drafts but the unified Inbox macro does not display anything for the MDaemon Outlook Connector (MAPI) account. The unified Inbox macro does display emails for all other types of accounts.

Questions:
Can the VB code for the Unified Inbox macro be changed to include/search the MDaemon Outlook Connector (MAPI) account? If so, what is the code?
Is 14 the latest or only version of the EAS protocal that Outlook desktop supports?

The "active sync not supported" specifically refers to Outlook.com accounts - before the move to the office 365 servers, Outlook.com accounts synced using ActiveSync and for a short time after the move, Microsoft enabled active sync for Outlook so users didn't need to redo their accounts. Now Outlook.com accounts can only use Exchange. Non-exchange server accounts can use active sync if their server supports it.

The macro should work on all inboxes - I'll take a look.

I'll need to check on active sync support in Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
PMR0001 Mydomain Outlook.com and Exchange post EAS Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Configuring SmartPhones to use EAS to Outlook.com Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Can't import CSV or move Outlook items into EAS Accounts Using Outlook 0
Commodore Is Outlook.com EAS in Outlook 2013 "non-renamable"? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
P Using IMAP and EAS with outlook.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
J Local Outlook 2013 folder and message changes not synced with EAS to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
J Outlook.com EAS Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
A Outlook 2013 EAS: moving message causes duplicates Using Outlook 3
S Outlook.com set up as EAS in Outlook 2013 – Emails can take up to 25 minutes to arrive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
S Drafts in Outlook 2013/Outlook.com with EAS & IMAP Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
O Outlook 2013 EAS Account and POP Account - Common Sent Folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 21
K EAS and POP folders in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
M Outlook 2013 EAS, 3 imap accounts. Meeting invites not synced to outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Error The Attempted operation Failed. An Object Could Not be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
A Outlook 2019 folder counter Using Outlook 0
A Relocate Search Bar in Outlook Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
L Opening People Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 not letting me setup my Gmail using pop Using Outlook 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible to have a reminder in Outlook 2021 for every 90 days Using Outlook 3
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
C Advanced search terms for "Outlook Data File" Using Outlook 1
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1