Quick access toolbar in inspector window

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saeed

I have added few buttons in outlook inspector. I am using VSTO 2005 and have

used ribbon xml to add these buttons. These buttons can be added to quick

access toolbar using

Customize quick access toolbar > more commands.

Can I add these buttons programmatically to quick access toolbar, so that

these are already enabled when outlook is started?
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd940502(VS.85).aspx

"Saeed" <Saeed> wrote in message

news:B734A7CF-9415-44AB-B815-BE86598ED941@microsoft.com...
> I have added few buttons in outlook inspector. I am using VSTO 2005 and
> have
> used ribbon xml to add these buttons. These buttons can be added to quick
> access toolbar using
> Customize quick access toolbar > more commands.

> Can I add these buttons programmatically to quick access toolbar, so that
> these are already enabled when outlook is started?
 
S

Saeed

Hi Ken,

I am using VSTO 2005, and using C#. The xml I am using has custom buttons

like which are added using keywords like:

customUI > ribbon> tabs > tab > group > togglebutton etc in xml file

I want one of the toggle buttons to be enabled by default in Quick Access

Toolbar of read message. I tried keyword qat but no luck. Please provide me

something relevant to that.

Here is my xml code:

<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"

onLoad="OnLoad"
<ribbon startFromScratch="true"
<tabs
<tab idMso="TabReadMessage"
<group id="MyGroup"

label="My Group"
<toggleButton id="toggleButton1"

size="large"

getLabel="GetLabel"

screentip="My Button Screentip"

onAction="OnToggleButton1"

imageMso="HappyFace" /
</group
</tab
</tabs
</ribbon
<ribbon startFromScratch="true"
<qat
<documentControls
<toggleButton id="toggleButton1" /
</documentControls
</qat
</ribbon
</customUI wrote:


> See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd940502(VS.85).aspx

> >

>

> "Saeed" <Saeed> wrote in message
> news:B734A7CF-9415-44AB-B815-BE86598ED941@microsoft.com...
> >I have added few buttons in outlook inspector. I am using VSTO 2005 and
> >have
> > used ribbon xml to add these buttons. These buttons can be added to quick
> > access toolbar using
> > Customize quick access toolbar > more commands.
> > Can I add these buttons programmatically to quick access toolbar, so that
> > these are already enabled when outlook is started?


>
 
K

Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

You're going to have to research this yourself, I've never customized the

QAT using code so I have no sample code for that. As far as I know though

you cannot add your own custom ribbon stuff to the QAT, you can only add an

existing ribbon control. So if that's what you want to do I think you won't

be able to do it.

"Saeed" <Saeed> wrote in message

news:3EE92C31-0BAB-4FFA-9CC0-DFC563B79062@microsoft.com...
> Hi Ken,
> I am using VSTO 2005, and using C#. The xml I am using has custom buttons
> like which are added using keywords like:
> customUI > ribbon> tabs > tab > group > togglebutton etc in xml file
> I want one of the toggle buttons to be enabled by default in Quick Access
> Toolbar of read message. I tried keyword qat but no luck. Please provide
> me
> something relevant to that.

> Here is my xml code:
> <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"
> onLoad="OnLoad"
> <ribbon startFromScratch="true"
> <tabs
> <tab idMso="TabReadMessage"
> <group id="MyGroup"
> label="My Group"
> <toggleButton id="toggleButton1"
> size="large"
> getLabel="GetLabel"
> screentip="My Button Screentip"
> onAction="OnToggleButton1"
> imageMso="HappyFace" /
> </group
> </tab
> </tabs
> </ribbon
> <ribbon startFromScratch="true"
> <qat
> <documentControls
> <toggleButton id="toggleButton1" /
> </documentControls
> </qat
> </ribbon
> </customUI>
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
R Categorize Button in Quick Access Toolbar Disappears on New Email Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Synchronize Quick Access Toolbar and Ribbons? Using Outlook 0
E Blank Print Preview when access via the Quick Access toolbar Using Outlook 3
T Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 3
V Change default default save location to Quick Access Using Outlook 1
R Quick Access view in File Explorer when saving attachments Using Outlook 0
iwshim Skype tool bar in quick access ribon Using Outlook 1
L Outlook Data Files command not working in the quick access bar Using Outlook 1
Ken Pascoe Outlook Categories Quick List Using Outlook 0
S How to set up button in ribbon for individual Quick Steps Using Outlook 1
CWM030 A quick question for Diane about Exchange Exchange Server Administration 2
M font format discrepancies with Quick Parts Using Outlook 1
R VBA Script Quick Parts Using Outlook 1
C Quick Parts signatures suddenly require more letters Using Outlook 2
S Save in folder other than Sent when replying with Quick Steps Using Outlook 5
R Missing Quick Steps and Rules Using Outlook 0
A Quick Steps in Tasks view Using Outlook 7
J quick quesiton about outlook search Using Outlook 3
B How can I adjust the ribbon width? I want to see all of my Quick Steps. Using Outlook 1
S Have Rule or Quick Step PROMPT for custom FLAG Due/Reminder date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Quick step to fill custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Push Quick Parts to All Users Using Outlook 1
adaminaus Quick question if i may Using Outlook 4
R click to toggle quick click category reasigns to where ? Using Outlook 2
C Further automate several tasks with rule, VBA or Quick Step Using Outlook 1
S New Quick Step based on Team email QS - automatically update too Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010 Quick Print Attachment, nothing happend Using Outlook 0
B quick help with "changed by" field in a shared mailbox?? Using Outlook 3
A Recommend add-on or utility enabling quick Google search within Outlook Using Outlook 7
J Outlook 2010 using Quick Print to print attachments Using Outlook 1
M How can I customize the Follow Up Flag message in Quick Steps? Using Outlook 1
P Outlook closes down after clicking on the quick print icon. Using Outlook 3
S Outlook Quick Steps - Exchange 2003 / Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 2
S Quick Search will not work due to itemizing Using Outlook 1
D Quick Parts - font changes Using Outlook 6
D Quick Parts - font changes Using Outlook 0
S Inserting Dates With Quick Parts (or Macros) Using Outlook 4
S Quick Parts - Changing Display and Order Using Outlook 0
D How do I get a new mail icon into my quick launch bar? Using Outlook 3
K Quick Print shows wrong date on Occurrences Using Outlook 1
I Office 2010 Quick Steps Using Outlook 10
klpconsulting Programmatic Access Office 365 Pro Plus & RDS Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Shared Public Folders Access and Use Exchange Server Administration 0
D Lost Access to Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Jennifer Murphy Grant R/W (update) access to a friend Using Outlook 3
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
T Render Outlook emails in MS access as they appear in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook "A program is trying to access Outlook" Using Outlook 3
GregS Can't access archive file Using Outlook 5

Similar threads

Top