Allow Another User to Send on Behalf of But Prevent Access to Inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

nejo

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi

Is there a way to allow another user to send on behalf of someone else without giving them access to be able to view that Inbox?

I'm assuming the most basic of Delegate permissions need to be applied but is there a special combination of properties in the Inbox permissions that can be set to allow them to Send As that user but not able to 'Open' the user's (Inbox) folder?

Thanks for any help!:D

Hi

The only thing I can see to affect are the user's Delegate properties and the radio button options (when modifiying the Sharing Permissions) on the Inbox of the user concerned. In adding the other user as a delegate, this seems to automatically give the delegate the right to Open the user's Inbox (file, open) within their own Outlook account. I need to prevent this.

Our Outlook is hosted under MS BPOS if this adds any further dimension to things?

Thanks again,

N.

Ahhh... delegates. Both delegates and bpos make this harder.

Does the person need to be a delegate? If not, remove the delegate and just give them send as permsisions to the mailbox. I don't use bpos, but i assume you can change server side stuff using cmdlets as I can with office 365.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/exchangelabshelpbeta/ff852815

If they need to be a delegate, did you try setting the permission on the Inbox (in the owner's outlook, right click on inbox, choose properties then change the permission so the delegate has no permission to the folder? (I have not tried this - it may not work with delegates.)

Hi

It looks as though this is only do'able via cmdlts...

Eg. (BPOS - Exchange OnLine)

Add-msonlinemailpermission -identity owner.emailaddress -trusteduser other-user.emailaddress -grantsendas $true

Thanks for your help Diane:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G To enable/disable Allow New Time proposals Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Need code to allow defined starting folder and selection from there to drill down Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
1 Incorrectly Setup a Rule at Domain level to not allow address from outside domain Exchange Server Administration 2
S Outlook 2007: Address Cards allow entering text! Why? Using Outlook 3
Laurent Duchastel New email setup dialog doesn't allow alias Using Outlook 2
V Deny/Allow Using Outlook 2
M VBA script to allow mail merges of distribution groups? Using Outlook 7
A OL13 Calendar, won't allow entering 2 appointments consecutively Using Outlook 4
J outlook problem it allow to book meeting room at the same day & time Using Outlook 0
A In Contacts Phone List View, allow alpha jump w/single key, same as Card views Using Outlook 4
D How to set permissions to allow external program to send an email? Using Outlook 0
K Importing CSV contacts- doesnt allow me to map or move forward V 2007 Using Outlook 1
A Allow Programmatic Access Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
R how do I eliminate allow access dialog box using VBAproject in Out Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Allow or Deny when a Program tries to send an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J WINDOWS EASY TRANSFER does not allow for BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Only 249 contacts are allow to be created in Outlook by Add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Allow only one instance of Outlook Using Outlook 6
C OL 2003/2007: HOW allow me to see categories, but not let recipien Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
HarvMan Outlook 365 - Rule to Move an Incoming Message to Another Folder Using Outlook 4
C Copy from one Profile to another Using Outlook 0
P Tweak vba so it can target another mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Move emails from one account to another Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Clear one category when another is chosen Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible to transfer things from one calendar to another Using Outlook 2
S Email Generated from another program and then edited sends original email. Using Outlook 2
R Time for another article on contact cards? Using Outlook 0
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Message search and edit, another way? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
D Importing Outlook Categories from another domain (Exchange 2016/Outlook 2016) Using Outlook 4
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
R "Can't store Outlook data files under the AppData folder. Please choose another folder." Using Outlook 6
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
M Moving mail to another folder is much slower than before (Office365) Using Outlook 0
CWM030 Another Quarantine question Exchange Server Administration 0
D Any updates or fixes that would make this code stop working just moving emails to another folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P when i move inbox mails to another folder in outlook the mail disappears Using Outlook 1
B Moving account, contacts & emails to another H/D with MSOutlook Using Outlook 5
M Shortcut to another outlook item Using Outlook 0
Sabastian Samuel HOW DO I FORWARD AN EMAIL WITH MACRO using an email that in the body of another email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Unread Until Click Another Message? Using Outlook 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Another reinstall of Outlook 2010 issue Using Outlook 10
M code to move selected Outlook contacts to another folder Using Outlook 3
D Help with code to move mail on receipt to another folder based on time received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M FW Email via Outlook and another requirement Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Set Another Data File as Default When Using an Exchange Account Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Copy New Appointments to Another Calendar using VBA Using Outlook 0