Task list not cooperating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partsboss

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
My computer was just updated to Outlook 2010. I have been trying to change my settings. In my last version I had all of my completed tasks at the bottom of my task list. I have not been able to find a way to do this yet.

How do I put all completed tasks at the bottom of my task list I outlook?

Thanks for your help.

Hi Diane,

I open Microsoft Outlook; I then click the task icon on the lower left corner. I then click “Tasks” which is located below the “My Tasks” and “To-Do list”, located upper left of the main pane.

My tasks are all numbed with a sequential job number. The job number is used as the “Subject”. Then tasks are sorted by “Subject”.

When the task is complete I want it to still be available to review it (i.e. not deleted), but moved below all active tasks.

I appreciate your assistance.

So you are in the Task folder itself, not the To-do Bar - that makes it a little easier as the filter options are a little better.

What you want is to sort by complete field then by Subject. Another option is a custom view that hides completed items and second one that shows completed items.

BTW, it may be easier to configure sorting from the View Ribbon, View Settings button, not by clicking the columns. I think you want Flag Status ascending (or complete Column ascending)/ subject ascending.

Tip: if you hold shift when you click columns to sort, you'll be able to sort by multiple columns.

Hi Diane,

I used
the View Ribbon to configure the sorting as you suggested. I was not able to locate the toggle to set up the custom view.

It now looks the way I wanted.

Your responses have been
Very Helpful!

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 5
Z How to show concatenated categories in list task view? Using Outlook 2
E To convert imported data to custom fields in Task list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Help with dates in task list. Using Outlook 5
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
W Deleting Sent Task Email, Deletes the task from my list Using Outlook 1
JohnViuf Export task list view settings to other pc Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
K Daily task list > show tasks on the exact due date and not on the "current date" Using Outlook 1
O How to display multi-line task in To-Do List - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
H Is it possible to create a view that only show the first task in a list? Using Outlook 1
Brian Outlook List of custom task views missing in OL2013 Using Outlook 2
P Is there any way of sorting the task list in CALENDAR view? Using Outlook 4
A Is it possible to remove the word Categories: from task list views? Using Outlook 2
Mr Mayor Duplicate Task LIST, not "duplicate tasks".... Using Outlook 10
P Task in SharePoint-list not visible to colleagues Using Outlook 1
2 All task folders not in To-D0 list.... Using Outlook 1
C Unified task list Using Outlook 1
E Daily Task List customization Using Outlook 1
P Sorting Task List so tasks with no due date end up at the bottom Using Outlook 4
B Task List in To-Do Bar 'The operation failed. An object could not be found' Using Outlook 3
G Daily Task List for shared calendar Using Outlook 3
L Interating throught a task list, respecting sort rules in the view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Why can I see other users tasks in my task list BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Copy Appointment Body to Task Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
wayneame Changing the Form Used by Existing Task Items in a Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Outlook 2016 Understand and customize prepended behavior of recurring task Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 365 Populate Outlook Task UDFs from a UDF text string Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Multiple copies of task being created Using Outlook 2
P Short Date Format when typing in a task Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 2013 Task Recurrence - Third Friday After the Second Tuesday Using Outlook 2
P Task display now leaves little room for notes Using Outlook 10
C-S-R How to clear an Outlook (To Do) Task Flag? Using Outlook 8
G Event when creating task from mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Changing the font that the task view shows Using Outlook 5
D How To Combine Share Task Folders in just one Folder Using Outlook 0
P Can I create a Rule that sends me an email when I get a Task? Using Outlook 2
G Arggh, weakness of reminder for every Task recurrence Using Outlook 0
P Can't paste an image into a task Using Outlook 3
F Validation on custom task form after task acceptance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Office 365 erased all of my task views Using Outlook 3
T Report For Task Recurrance Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Can't accept or decline task (no button appears) Using Outlook 2
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Z Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
X If you change expiration date of repeated task it dupplicates Using Outlook 1
Z VBA to Collapse Task Folder Groups Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Add a contact to the New Task in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2