Shortcut to specific contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucianp

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I am using MS Office Outlook 2007 and use shortcuts extensively.

In the Navigation pane, I have several groups, one for each of my clients.

Each group has a shortcut link to that clients mail folder, their Windows Explorer folder and their Excel spreadsheet.

Because Outlook is always open, I can quickly pull information for a particular client if I am working on their account. What I do not have is a way to pull their contact information with a single click. The quickest way to pull contact info is from the Search Address Book field.

I would like to have a shortcut link to a particular contact added to my shortcut groups. What is the easiest way to do this?

I would also like to pull a task/task list relevant to a particular client.

All help and constructive advice welcome.

Thanks.

To be more precise, I would like to know how linking to specifics in the contact database worked.

For instance, when a name is in a contacts field, what is the command that calls that contact information?

I cannot find any way to create a shortcut for an individual contact page. It either works out as an attachment or subject line which means I have to open another item to get to the link. what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Want to Create Shortcut to Open Specific Calendars at the Same Time Using Outlook 2
J disable Alt+S shortcut Using Outlook 21
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook 2016 A Shortcut to recall and delete and sent message. Using Outlook 1
P Shortcut Pane - add shortcut to Office365 group mailbox Using Outlook 1
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
N Outlook Email Rule execution through shortcut keys (VBA codes) Using Outlook 1
M Shortcut to another outlook item Using Outlook 0
R Shortcut for attaching the same file repeatedly Using Outlook 6
M Contact group shortcut Using Outlook 3
R Toggle the Reading Pane using Keyboard Shortcut Using Outlook 0
S Shortcut/button to a Calendar Group Using Outlook 0
M Mark Complete keyboard shortcut... on a mac running Windows Bootcamp Using Outlook 0
B Can't create shortcut to Quickparts Using Outlook 3
iwshim word shortcut to search outlook Using Outlook 3
O Address Book Shortcut Using Outlook 4
M Trouble using keyboard shortcut for color categories in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 3
S Desktop shortcut Using Outlook 1
Q shortcut to more stationery Using Outlook 4
A Shortcut for sending complete mail Using Outlook 1
I jump to body in open message with one keyboard shortcut? Using Outlook 3
T Column Header Keyboard Shortcut Available? Using Outlook 5
D VBA: Send-From Code for Template Shortcut? Using Outlook 0
D Selection of Send-From Account with Template VBA Shortcut Using Outlook 0
W keyboard shortcut to open Outlook... ? Using Outlook 2
S OL 2010 shortcut to edit received mail Using Outlook 3
T Is it possible to INSERT a string into email body via Shortcut. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
L Specific Incoming Email Address Immediately Deleted Using Outlook 2
W OL giving basic auth when logged in to Win as specific user Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 365 Forward Meeting Related Messages to Specific Meeting Organizer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Autoreply email recieved from specific sender after deleting some text from body. Using Outlook 0
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Diane's Delay Delivery at Specific Times Questions Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W Remove specific contacts from contact list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
9 Outlook 2016 How to save an Outlook attachment to a specific folder then delete the email it came from? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook to check for specific text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
RBLampert Assigning a newly (re)created e-mail account to a specific .pst data file Using Outlook 2