Status
Not open for further replies.

catalin

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi everyone,

I am using OL 2010 + BCM @ 32 on Win 7 @ 64.

Pls help me to solve the foll problem. Whenever I import an OL contact to BCM that same contact appears twice in OL contacts. One is "Outlook contact" and the other one is "Business contact".

Practically all the BCM contacts are present in OL contacts as well. Is this normal ? Now I have lots of duplicate contacts in my OL contact folder.

Now, if I want to sync with my iPhone I get duplicate contacts due to BCM.

Could somebody help me solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Catalin

That is normal. If you don't want to see both, either delete the ones in outlook or move them to a new contacts folder and don't enable it as an address book. I'm not sure if this will help with the iphone dupes - are you using icloud or iTunes to sync?

Thanks for your quick answer.

So, you are suggesting to delete or move the contacts marked with "Business contact", aren't you? In this case how are these contacts, OL and BCM, able to stay in sync with each other?

As regards the sync with my iPhone, I use iTunes.

Anyway I will try to have a new folder in OL and move my Business contacts there.

Best regards,

Catalin

Without seeing your profile, I would move the ones in Contacts. I'm guessing business contacts are synced with BCM. If you don't need them on the iPhone, you could disable syncing. It's quite possible that it will be ok to move the business contacts though - i'm just not 100% sure what created them and moving them might remove them from BCM.

Check in iTunes properties (I don't have iTunes installed only icloud so I can't get the exact steps) and see if you can select which folders sync to the phone - doing that will eliminate the duplicate problem.

Well, moving or deleting the Business contacts from "Contacts" folder in OL will delete the corresponding contact in BCM.

I am now trying the "trick" with the folders and moving the Outlook contacts to this new folder and see if will sync to my iPhone without dupes.

Why Microsoft doesn't say anything about this issue or give us a hint how to organize Outlook contacts and BCM contacts? I thought Business contacts and OL contacts do not mix together. I was wrong..

I've recently installed BCM to OL2010 on a Win XP system and I didn't encounter this problem. BCM contacts didn't appear in OL contacts folder !!

Thank you again,

Catalin

Go to the folder list (Ctrl+6) - the Business Contacts should be under BCM, so they aren't mixed with your contacts. It's probably itunes doing the syncing. My daughter has itunes installed on her computer, but not BCM, so i can't check and see where you select folders to sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J BCM 2013 displays wrong form for account and business contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N Select Existing BCM Business Contact in C# application Using Outlook 0
N BCM suddenly crashed and not able to view specific business contact. Using Outlook 1
A "New E-mail" with BCM Contact in adress line BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to BCM ver. 2010 Using Outlook 3
N Starting out with BCM - Customizing contact records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Queries on Business Contact Manager (BCM) with Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
O BCM 13 added leads to an outlook 13 contact subfolder BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
A Trouble importing data to radio buttons Business Contact Manager 2010 (BCM) Using Outlook 2
K Is it possible to sync IPhone to BCM Outlook contact, calendars ... all data? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
S Business Contact Manager (BCM) causing Outlook crash loop BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
A E-Mail Merge to All E-Mail Addresses on One BCM Contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D BCM want find contact. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
B How to remove user from business contact manager for outlook 2007database tool(BCM) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T How do I get BCM to show up in the email contact field BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L contents of BCM Contact groups not being displayed BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K Regular contact and BCM contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
E Offline Billable Items from Business Contact Manager/BCM not Appea BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
M Synch outlook contact and BCM contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Outlook 2010 BCM Migration to Standard Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
R Follow up button doesn't working neither the reminders in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P BCM conditional formatting BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
D BCM 2013 not functioning as BCM 2010 Example no drop down for communications history Using Outlook 0
J No access to a Database BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J Marketing task MS BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
S BCM Compulsory field, New opportunity Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A BCM does not work anymore! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
A BCM does not work with Windows 10 1703 any more BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S BCM Auto Backup Data and Customizations BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
S BCM Project Task Order BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Lost access to remote BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
crazyboy Problems connecting to BCM on Server Using Outlook 2
J Problems connecting to BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 16
T BCM 2010 randmoly going offline BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M At last a BCM alternative... Outlook Customer Mngr 365! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
S BCM view customization BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Cannot Connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
A Cannot connect to BCM database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
K BCM Reports: Timeout Expired BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
K BCM hide subfolders BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Diane Poremsky Restoring BCM Database After Upgrading Windows Using Outlook 0
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Diane Poremsky Trial/Beta program for BCM replacement BCM (Business Contact Manager) 8
A BCM crashes immediately after start BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
A Two Problems with BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A Latest updates kill BCM 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C Where are BCM User Customizations located? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 9
Diane Poremsky Outlook 2016: No BCM Using Outlook 0