Option: Save to folder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi... in my Outlook 2003 version I was able to request a read receipt AND specify in which folder the sent copy would be saved. In my new 2010 version, I don't see the save to capability in the options dialog. Am I missing it or, is it somewhere else now ? Thanks

Barry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Thanks, I see now that the "Save To" instruction is a separate choice next to where you click for a receipt. I wonder why requiring more actions is considered a better program layout ?

There was an additional thread I read yesterday about duplicate sent emails in IMAP accounts. Today, I can't find it... would you happen to know?

Thanks very much for your help.

Barry

Barry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I think the better layout is exposing the feature to people who never knew about Options. But removing it from options was a bad move for the people using it.

Not sure about the duplicate sent messages thread, but I have an article about it at Two Copies of Sent Messages in Outlook 2010 - Slipstick Systems

THANKS Diane, the article was exactly what I was looking for... appreciate your help ! This whole Win7, Office 2010 upgrade has been somewhat time consuming and painful :)

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D How to remove a folder, option grayed out Using Outlook 4
L Option to Show Cancelled Appointments Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
mrje1 Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, what is the Office 365 option etc., and Crashes Using Outlook 0
B Meeting Accept option greyed out Using Outlook 0
M Rule option Using Outlook 2
Justo Horrillo It's possible to modify the behaviour of the conversation option? Using Outlook 2
Emerogork How do I activate the "Send Again" option in Sent Mail folder? Using Outlook 1
K Excel Import Option: Need Help Updating Existing Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M My Contact folder isn't an address book option on colleague's Exchange Using Outlook 2
R Replies and Forwards Option Grayed Out Using Outlook 3
A Outlook Offers No "Accept" Option for .ics Files Using Outlook 5
C Related Messages Option Using Outlook 1
M Missing New Menu Option in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
P Field option selection resulting into multiple questions BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
mrje1 Opening a task the Insert Tab Option is not showing up and organizing Tasks Using Outlook 9
O Block sender option disappeared? Using Outlook 3
A How to disable bcc option in GAL - Address Book - Exchange 2007 Exchange Server Administration 4
C How do I set up an option button in and Outlook form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Startup option Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2003 saving option button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How to inspect Outlook Option Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M "File As" option lost company name- Mass change? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
V Get selected option in recurrence range group Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Add an item to the "new" - option in outlook toolbar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Save emails within a certain date range to network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook 365 Move newly created tasks automatically on save. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Save attachment run a script rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Save Selected Email Message as .msg File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
G Save and Rename Outlook Email Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G VBA to save selected Outlook msg with new name in selected network Windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
N Save selected messages VBA does not save replies and/or messages that contain : in subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
S save attachment with date & time mentioned inside the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Add VBA save code Using Outlook 0
A Edit attachment Save and Reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Outlook pst file is too huge with POP3. How to save more space? Using Outlook 4
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2013 Script Assistance - Save Opened Link with Subject Added Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Use an ItemAdd to Save Attachments on Arrival Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
S automate save the .xlxs file to share Network Using Outlook 1
S save email from excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1