Option: Save to folder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi... in my Outlook 2003 version I was able to request a read receipt AND specify in which folder the sent copy would be saved. In my new 2010 version, I don't see the save to capability in the options dialog. Am I missing it or, is it somewhere else now ? Thanks

Thanks, I see now that the "Save To" instruction is a separate choice next to where you click for a receipt. I wonder why requiring more actions is considered a better program layout ?

There was an additional thread I read yesterday about duplicate sent emails in IMAP accounts. Today, I can't find it... would you happen to know?

Thanks very much for your help.

Barry

I think the better layout is exposing the feature to people who never knew about Options. But removing it from options was a bad move for the people using it.

Not sure about the duplicate sent messages thread, but I have an article about it at Two Copies of Sent Messages in Outlook 2010 - Slipstick Systems

THANKS Diane, the article was exactly what I was looking for... appreciate your help ! This whole Win7, Office 2010 upgrade has been somewhat time consuming and painful :)

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0
G automatically choosing "add to autocorrect" option Using Outlook 0
T Customized form: The Forward option shows write layout Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D How to remove a folder, option grayed out Using Outlook 4
L Option to Show Cancelled Appointments Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2007 Hide Messages Option not Available Using Outlook 2
B iCloud Option to sync contacts, mail, calendar and tasks Using Outlook 5
mrje1 Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, what is the Office 365 option etc., and Crashes Using Outlook 0
B Meeting Accept option greyed out Using Outlook 0
M Rule option Using Outlook 2
Justo Horrillo It's possible to modify the behaviour of the conversation option? Using Outlook 2
Emerogork How do I activate the "Send Again" option in Sent Mail folder? Using Outlook 1
K Excel Import Option: Need Help Updating Existing Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
M My Contact folder isn't an address book option on colleague's Exchange Using Outlook 2
R Replies and Forwards Option Grayed Out Using Outlook 3
A Outlook Offers No "Accept" Option for .ics Files Using Outlook 5
C Related Messages Option Using Outlook 1
M Missing New Menu Option in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
P Field option selection resulting into multiple questions BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
mrje1 Opening a task the Insert Tab Option is not showing up and organizing Tasks Using Outlook 9
O Block sender option disappeared? Using Outlook 3
A How to disable bcc option in GAL - Address Book - Exchange 2007 Exchange Server Administration 4
C How do I set up an option button in and Outlook form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Startup option Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2003 saving option button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How to inspect Outlook Option Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M "File As" option lost company name- Mass change? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
V Get selected option in recurrence range group Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Add an item to the "new" - option in outlook toolbar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
W Create a Quick Step or VBA to SAVE AS PDF in G:|Data|Client File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 1
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Save emails within a certain date range to network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook 365 Move newly created tasks automatically on save. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Save attachment run a script rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Save Selected Email Message as .msg File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
G Save and Rename Outlook Email Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G VBA to save selected Outlook msg with new name in selected network Windows folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
N Save selected messages VBA does not save replies and/or messages that contain : in subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
S save attachment with date & time mentioned inside the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Add VBA save code Using Outlook 0