Irregular repeating appointments: add-in not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

boppy2010

Hi folks,

I have 56 appointments to put in next year's calendar and need to invite the same person to each one. Each appointment is identical.

As there is no regular pattern to the series I can't use the recurring appointment option. Copying-pasting is fine except that I still have to open each individual appointment to invite the other recipient.

Searching on this topic I have seen a recommendation to use the Websetters Repeating Appointment add-in which I have installed. However, while it shows up under Options/Add-ins, I cannot find a way to open the dialog to set up the repeats.

Naturally I have tried to ask for help but the developers only allow contact via a web form and it does not work (keeps telling me I need to supply an email address, which I have done but the form must be faulty).

So I was hoping someone here may have experience with this product and help me launch the dialog box, or alternatively have another suggestion to achieve my task.

Thanks in advance,

Jo

What version of Outlook do you use?

If 2010 (maybe 2007 too) , select the WS addin in Addins and click the Addin options button. What is it set on?

Thanks for repyling. In Outlook (201) Options I have it set to show commands in both menu and toolbar. It's not showing anywhere though.

On the Add-ins tool bar above the ribbon there is only Eset security, no other add-ins appear.

Thanks for repyling. In Outlook (2010) Options I have it set to show commands in both menu and toolbar. It's not showing anywhere though.

On the Add-ins tool bar above the ribbon there is only Eset security, no other add-ins appear.

When I create a new appointment again there is no sign of the add-in.

I tried it with all three of the addin options and nada. I tried it in admin mode, nada. i ouldn't find anything on his site about how to make it work - there is a little blurb about it not working right with the ribbon, but said that otherwise, it works well.

After turning UAC back on, I'm getting a bad file error & the addins options page is not available.

I tried it with all three of the addin options and nada. I tried it in admin mode, nada. i ouldn't find anything on his site about how to make it work - there is a little blurb about it not working right with the ribbon, but said that otherwise, it works well.

After turning UAC back on, I'm getting a bad file error & the addins options page is not available.

Yah, I saw the FAQ about Win 7 issues. My UAC was already set to never notify but even so I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. The time I have wasted on this would have been more productively spent manually entering each appointment. I wonder if anyone ever spends money on the products supplied by that company.

I did try emailing info@webstters.co.uk and it hasn't bounced yet so maybe they'll reply to me. Meantime, back to copying and pasting I guess.

Thanks for giving it a try for me, Diane.

Years ago they were great - the addin worked great in Outlook 2003 and earlier. Unfortunately, I think they lost interest in developing outlook products and they never updated it for Outlook 2007. I removed it from my addins list at slipstick.com a few months ago because their site was often down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Connie Boyer Exporting Outlook calendar/find next repeating meeting Using Outlook 3
R POP3 Mail repeating while sending to group of recipient Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2021 all appointments not showing in calendar Using Outlook 2
S Changing colors of today's appointments, but not recurring ones Using Outlook 33
M Printing Appointments Using Outlook 1
M Calendar daily Appointments and printing Using Outlook 0
C Add Form to Appointments Received, Automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
L Option to Show Cancelled Appointments Using Outlook 0
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook 2007 only loads some appointments Using Outlook 0
N Gathering Calendar Appointments from Calendars that synced as Contacts Exchange Server Administration 1
F Year-and-a-day recurring appointments Using Outlook 1
J what file contains contacts, tasks and appointments stored locally? Using Outlook 1
D hiding appointments that are completed or cancelled, how to ? Using Outlook 5
M warning for too many appointments on a same day in Outlook Using Outlook 1
V importing appointments to non-default calendar? Using Outlook 1
OutlookIntegrator Appointments Using Outlook 0
R Make past appointments remain in calendar Using Outlook 1
M Creating Outlook Appointments from Excel Cells Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook.com changing appointments Using Outlook 8
T populate calendar with appointments and send reminders Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Copy New Appointments to Another Calendar using VBA Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Create Appointments Using Spreadsheet Data Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to Import Appointments into a Group Calendar Using Outlook 0
I Outlook 2013 Appointments not in HTML Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
makinmyway Appointments Created in iCloud Calendars Cover Contacts Field...Why? Using Outlook 3
M Expected behaviour of recurring appointments? Using Outlook 2
C Find all deleted recurrence appointments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook calendar appointments Free/Busy time is changing from "Busy" to "Free" Using Outlook 2
G Outlook does not show new appointments in To-Do-Bar Using Outlook 0
A Looping appointments in calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook Calendar/setting appointments Using Outlook 1
L Appointments disappearing Using Outlook 0
N To do bar - show more than 30 days of appointments Using Outlook 0
A Show ALL of today's appointments in To-Do Bar Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2007 Calendar Appointments not in Outlook Today view Using Outlook 11
A Can't stop Outlook.com from setting reminders on appointments? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Outlook 2013 Appointments missing Using Outlook 1
N Outlook Shared appointments automatically to Private Calendar Using Outlook 1
A Synchronize Access Table with Outlook Calendar Appointments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Change reminder times of future appointments Using Outlook 1
Mark Rideout Search folder for appointments and emails Using Outlook 2
C Appointments from Excel to Outlook Using Outlook 3
C Appointments Using Outlook 25
C Appointments Exchange Server Administration 4
I Adding appointments/tasks to other user's calendar Using Outlook 1