Selecting shared calendar for appointment/meeting templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyloot

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
When creating calendar appointment/meeting templates, is there a way to choose a specific shared calendar? When I create templates now, the appointment/meeting is stripped of the specific calendar assignment and defaults to my primary, personal calendar. :confused:

Thanks in advance!

No, you can't assign a calendar in a template. If you are creating for shared calendars, you need to have the calendar open before opening the template.

You can publish a custom form to a shared calendar and set it as default for the calendar, but still need to open the calendar to create the appt.

No, you can't assign a calendar in a template. If you are creating for shared calendars, you need to have the calendar open before opening the template.

You can publish a custom form to a shared calendar and set it as default for the calendar, but still need to open the calendar to create the appt.

Thanks so much for replying. I really appreciate your time.

I'm totally fine with "opening" the calendar prior to creating the appointment--but what do you mean by open? In Outlook 2010, I have the shared calendar checked (and my primary calendar not checked), and then:

1) I click the specific time slot on the specific day

2) I click New Items -> More Items -> Choose Form

3) In Look in, I select User Templates in File System

4) I open the template

The appointment template opens, but lacks the calendar identifier at the bottom that usually populates when I create an appointment from scratch to a shared calendar. When I submit the appointment, it goes to my general, default calendar.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Saving emails using Visual Basic - Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K Selecting a folder from an entry in a Listbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Selecting multiple calendar items Using Outlook 4
M Selecting folder with msoFileDialogFolderPicker Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Automatically selecting folders and deleting messages in Outlook VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Creating Email - Selecting Pre-Defined Text Using Outlook 2
S Selecting "Mileage" field on "Detail" page Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Selecting specific calendar from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
RalphG101 No indication of attachment, when selecting file, send to outlook. Using Outlook 0
A Auto Insert of filename when selecting 'Remove Attachment' Using Outlook 1
R VBScript Sendmail not selecting correct 'from' address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
230Grains iCloud COM Module Keeps de-selecting in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
F Automatically close email after selecting mark unread Using Outlook 1
S categories are being cut off after selecting from category pop up form Using Outlook 3
S Outlook Custom form - selecting text in read page Using Outlook 0
V Selecting multiple folders Using Outlook 2
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
M Outllook vba - selecting a folder Using Outlook 1
C Selecting days in business notes BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A Pull mail without marking and processing, only by selecting it Using Outlook 1
S List Box - Selecting Multiple Items (Saving) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 365 Forward Email Subject to my inbox when new email arrive in shared inbox Using Outlook 0
J Hide/disable "Groups", "Shared Calendars" Using Outlook 2
T Never-ending Reminders in Shared Calendars Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
P Emails assigned with a certain category (within a shared inbox) to be copied to a specific folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
peterbata Shared Tasks Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 5
Fozzie Bear Shared Public Folders Access and Use Exchange Server Administration 0
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Having Shared Calendar shift to Current day Using Outlook 0
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2016 Creating a shared local Contacts folder Using Outlook 2
P Auto assign shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Create new Message with shared contacts & BCC'ing recipients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R VBA for copying sent email to current folder under a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S newly added shared mailboxes downloading 500GB data a day Exchange Server Administration 1
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2