See Email Address Received Email was Sent To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_H

I use Microsoft Outlook 2010 with a hosted exchange account. I also maintain several alias addresses, most of them get directed to certain folders via rules. On occasion I need to double-check the email address (alias) a message was sent to. Clicking on my name in the "to" area doesn't work, it always shows me my main exchange address even when i know it was sent to an alias.
In a previous version of Outlook I was able to select a command called "options" and I could see the alias the message was actually sent to. That command disappeared from the ribbon when 2010 was introduced and I've never known where to go to find the information since then?

I assume I have to add some command to the ribbon, but which one? Obviously the information is hidden right in the header somewhere, because the rules search the header for directing certain aliases to certain folders!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Auto-forwarding an Email received from a specific Email address After slight modifications Using Outlook 4
C Exchange 2010 / Emails received show with display name and not email address Using Outlook 2
C Email address from received email Using Outlook 1
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9
L Specific Incoming Email Address Immediately Deleted Using Outlook 2
H Preventing the 'email address fetch from Exchange' crashing email reading code Exchange Server Administration 0
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
O What would be the recommended way to change an email address (family member)? Using Outlook 0
L Checking Sender Email Address for trusted domain from list on intranet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J How do you disable address search box when typing @ in body of email? Using Outlook 0
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Wrong email address in Outlook 2003 "From" tab in new outgoing emails Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How to set default email address for website links Using Outlook 3
O Same email address, same person, names in so many ways Using Outlook 4
D auto forward base on email address in body email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
L Email with correct To address but displaying name of a related person Using Outlook 0
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook Autocomplete suggestions showing wrong person's name against an email address Using Outlook 0
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Email not going to address displayed Using Outlook 4
B When sending an email, I am showing 2 of my address's Using Outlook 1
oliv- determine to which address an email has been sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page Using Outlook 8
B Looking to get the Recipient email address (or even the "friendly name") from an email I am replying to using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Rupert Dragwater Deleted email address keeps showing up in reply Using Outlook 12
O How to display senders email address (column) Using Outlook 1
B When working on emails in a certain folder, when I hit reply or reply all, I would like it re always reply all and add an email address to send to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I How to display sender's name instead of email address in outlook 2013 message Using Outlook 5
L Hubby and Wife names in email address Using Outlook 1
J Signatures that contain recipient's email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
L Using alpha numeric in email address Using Outlook 5
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 10
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 0
C address book "when sending email" bug? Using Outlook 0
J Help Needed With Multi-Step Login Email Address Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Brostin Forward a mail to the address listed in the email text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Want to autorespond to an email address in the body of message Using Outlook 0
G How to filter by the format of an email address Using Outlook 6
K Extract email address from body and auto-reply outlook Using Outlook 1
D Column for To Email Address Using Outlook 0
C Why can junk mail be from one’s own email address? Using Outlook 7
B Can't expose sender email address when linking outlook to access Using Outlook 3