Using Codesync 2 Tool - Which Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerJon

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Good morning. I like to sync my iCloud calendar with Outlook. The calendar I use (I enter new appointments on my iPhone 5 but they sync with my iPad too) is CALENDAR within my iPhone/iPad - I do not use PERSONAL or WORK. I recently experienced a problem with a bad iTunes install of the latest version. In order to remedy the problem I had to delete all of my Apple programs and the CS2 program just to make sure I had gotten everything associated with Apple off the machine for a clean install of iTunes.

Now that I have reinstalled the CS2 program, I cannot for the life of me figure out which calendars to choose when I set up the rule to syn across iCloud and Outlook. For the Cloud side it seems simple enough since in the iCloud only one calendar is offered. However, hen I need to choose a calendar for the Outlook end, there are several choices (Under the iCloud Archive Folder - CALENDAR, CALENDAR FROM iCLOUD, LOCAL CALENDAR, PERSONAL, PERSONAL FROM iCLOUD, WORK and WORK FROM iCLOUD. Under the Personal folder there are CALENDAR, CALENDAR FROM iCLOUD, and CALENDAR FROM iCloud 2). I have played with most if not all but cannot get my new appointments to sync with the calender in Outlook (I get to my Calendar by clicking the CALENDAR tab in the lower left-hand corner of Outlook). Another feature that is no working is the at-a-glance page that shows today's and upcoming appointments. Before this problem I could get to at a glance (it actually gives today's date at the top of the screen) by clicking on PERSONAL FOLDERS all the way at the top of the folder pane to the left of the main pane.

Thanks for ay help.

Forum Admin

personal should be the one - the icloud archive is a backup file and can be closed - the others with icloud in the name are also backups, made at different times.

TigerJon

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Thanks for your help. Within the PERDONAL folder there are three calendars - CALENDAR, CALENDAR FROM iCLOUD, and CALEDER FROM iCLOUD (2).

Should I choose CALENDAR?

TigerJon

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Any ideas on this? Another thing I've noticed is while trying different calendars in Outlook to get my sync working again is that duplicates (as many as four in some cases) of certain appointments are now appearing on my phone and iPad. Now I guess a second part of my question is can this be corrected and the duplicate appointments be purged in one fell swoop by going back and correcting an incorrect rule?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I was out of town all week and pretty much ignored the forum. :( Calendar is the correct one to use, the other 2 are backup calendars cloud created when you signed out of it.

The problem probably isn't due to a rule - I'm guessing either duplicates were imported when it was set up and all folders synced, including the 'calendar from icloud' folder. Removing the duplicates can be as easy as adding the modified field to the view and sorting by it - the duplicates might have the same modified date. If the modified date is the same for all, you'll need to do it one at a time or use a utility.

TigerJon

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I was out of town all week and pretty much ignored the forum. :( Calendar is the correct one to use, the other 2 are backup calendars cloud created when you signed out of it.

The problem probably isn't due to a rule - I'm guessing either duplicates were imported when it was set up and all folders synced, including the 'calendar from icloud' folder. Removing the duplicates can be as easy as adding the modified field to the view and sorting by it - the duplicates might have the same modified date. If the modified date is the same for all, you'll need to do it one at a time or use a utility.
Diane, I don't know what all this means or how to do what you suggest. Can you walk me through it? Thanks.

TigerJon

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Diane,

On second thought, do you know if there's a way to start from square one and wipe out any calendars in OL? I could stand to do the same thing with my contacts too - I just don't want to lose my email in OL if I can help it. Thanks.

-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.