Exchange server 2013 / Outlook 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve612

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I hope I am posting this in the right area since it may fall into either Outlook or Exchange.

We have a group of roughly 30 employees who use our Terminal Server for work. Each user uses Outlook 2013 for email and we have set them up on our Exchange server (2013). This is where the issues seem to happen for them. Emails will constantly get stuck in their outbox and never get sent out. Other issues arise in that some cases the signature does not populate when replying to a external email (gmail.com, yahoo.com). One of the bigger issues is that for no reason Outlook will want them to constantly type in their user name / password and the box will show up at random. These are just a few of the situations that seem to be happening and I have just recently took over the IT admin role and with little experience in dealing with Exchange Server, I am quickly drowning with these issues.

On a side note, which makes me believe its a communication or compatibility issue is that those who do not use Terminal to work in have no issues sending or receiving emails using Outlook and the exchange server at all.

There are issues with terminal server environments, always have been. Are the profiles using cached mode or online? Online generally works better than cached mode. That should fix the email not sending problem but not the signatures and probably not the password dialog.

Hi Diane,

Thanks for the quick reply and providing me with some piece of mind. I was kind of leaning towards compatibility issues and will bring this up to those powers that be. As for cached mode, I will double check all the users settings and see how outlook has been set up. I will report back in a few days and see if anyone else has suggestions.

If they are in cached mode, set up one in online mode to test - see if it works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Exchange 2013 ECP migration connects to crashed server Exchange Server Administration 0
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
L Help connecting to hosted exchange server 2016 Using Outlook 0
J Importing N2K from a different Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
T Outlook 2010 How to Delete “Orphaned” TO DO? ( Not on Exchange Server) Using Outlook 6
T How can Exchange be configured to sync/push one-way so that the server data can't be affected Exchange Server Administration 0
llama_thumper Setting up forwarders on Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 0
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
T Uploading Outlook 2016 Contacts to Exchange Server Drops "Company" field data in 30% of records Exchange Server Administration 4
Diane Poremsky Archiving Tools for Exchange Server Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Changing the Message Size in Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2007 - Shared Accounts and Resources without Exchange Server Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Updates March 2016 Using Outlook 0
oliv- "Online mode with Exchange server" vs "online" Exchange Server Administration 2
I Random Chinese characters in email copied from a pst file. Exchange Server 2016 Public Folder Exchange Server Administration 1
Diane Poremsky Save Sent Items in Shared Mailbox using an Exchange Server Cmdlet Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server and SMTP Servers Using Outlook 0
B Can't Connect to Office365 Exchange Server Exchange Server Administration 2
Ascar_CT Outlook.com transition to Exchange Server on the back-end Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Usage, Reporting, and Analysis Tools Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Migration Tools Using Outlook 0
L Outlook clients did not reconnect to Exchange when one CAS server in CAS array became unresponsive Exchange Server Administration 1
J Deleting Email from Exchange Server Using Outlook 2
H Lost Custom Forms when we replaced Exchange Server Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C How to "host" the outlook calendar from .pst instead of Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
T Outlook INBOX emails gone back 2-3 weeks after Exchange Server 2010 Restart Using Outlook 0
M connection to the microsoft exchange server has been lost. outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
M Looking for options and best practices for an Edge Server (Exchange or not) Exchange Server Administration 0
B Unable to apply rule on Exchange server functional account Exchange Server Administration 1
B Is there a simple way to share email folders w/o exchange server? Using Outlook 0
S Removing an Exchange Server account, retaining POP accounts Exchange Server Administration 1
S Outlook 2010/Exchange 2010 Multi Mailboxes (Server unavailable) Using Outlook 6
F Redirect e-mail without Exchange server Using Outlook 2
S Exchange Server Rules Using Outlook 1
M Updates to exchange server broke code - please help Using Outlook 2
S Using POP3, Exchange server, and iPhone sync - can't sync to POP3 calendar Exchange Server Administration 0
I Shared Contacts in Outlook 2010 and Exchange Server 2010 Using Outlook 4
T Change from exchange server to pop when I set up outlook wrong Exchange Server Administration 1
A emails disappearing from inbox outlook 2010 exchange server 2010 major trouble Exchange Server Administration 6
T Outlook keep loosing connection to the exchange server Using Outlook 1
S Can't share contacts in Outlook on MS Exchange Server??? Exchange Server Administration 1
S Block read receipt when outlook is configured to Exchange server Using Outlook 0
S How to leave e-mail on Exchange 2003 server? Exchange Server Administration 1
B Please help! Outlook, Exchange Server, and Customization BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
B Please help! Outlook, Exchange Server, and Customization Exchange Server Administration 0
R Change Outlook 2010 Exchange server address via registry or script Using Outlook 5
O Where is Launcher, the custom action for Exchange server? Exchange Server Administration 1
J Problems starting Information Store Server in Exchange 2003 Exchange Server Administration 13