screwy behavior Business Card - Outlook 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Horne

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
POP3
This is not a major issue but I am at a loss.

In Contacts Business Card view ... the top of the card in smaller font reads ... Last Name, First Name.

And in larger font (under the horizontal line) the name appears as you would want it in a business card ... First Name Last Name (no comma).

There are however a few business cards where the 'file as' is as it should be (Last Name, First Name) but the name on the card itself reads Last Name First Name (no comma).

I've tried everything I can think of. First I would compare fields between entries that looked 'good' against others that did not look as I expected them to, and could find no difference.

Suggestions?

I should add that the view in Address Cards is consistent ... Last Name, First Name ... it's only in Business Card view where the Name of the person appears the same format as the the File As at the top of the card (in smaller font). (I trust I'm explaining this clearly.)

OPen the contact and click on the Full name button. Are the names in the correct fields?

In the Check Full Name box the names appears as they should.

I should add if I edit the names _in_ the Business Card (so that the Business Card looks as it should), any chnages I make there are reflected back in the Check Full Name window.

I can't edit my previous message. This issue exists in Business Card and People view. In Address Cards view, everything looks as it should.

Diane, after spending more time with this issue, I've come up with a work-around, it's not elegant, but it works.

I create a New Contact

In Full Name I enter John Smith
In File as I manually enter Smith, John

The Business Card now displays John Smith (in the larger font) and the important File as is Smith, John (in smaller font).

It's only when I click on Full Name and see the Check Full Name that I see First name Smith and Last name John.

The Contacts I have from Office 2002 and 2007 all show correct entries for First Name, Last Name ... and the view of the Business Card is as it should be. This appears to be an issue with my computer and Outlook 2013.

I am still open to suggestions though. Thanks in advance, Dave Horne

In File, Options, People what are the defaults set to? It sounds like its set to Last First. With this option, you don't need to use a comma to enter the last name first. (You can always use last, first with the comma and outlook will put the names in the correct field.)

Diane, the settings there are

Default "Full Name" order: Last First
Default "File As" order: Last, First

I'll play around with this setting and see what happens. Thanks!

Diane, your last message to me was the solution. Thank you! ... and I feel very stupid because I had seen those options as well.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Bardiferous Weird Contacts Behavior - Can't find any in any address book, but they're in there Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2016 Understand and customize prepended behavior of recurring task Using Outlook 0
C New weird behavior (or, why can't they leave well enough alone?) Using Outlook 0
S Change "This Week" flag start date behavior Using Outlook 1
T Double clik behavior on agenda open a new meeting request Using Outlook 1
Ascar_CT Rule behavior analysis - any tools available? Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Changed behavior in Outlook 365 Home and Gmail account Using Outlook 2
N Outlook meeting request decline behavior Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 IMAP account message move behavior Using Outlook 15
C Open message is stuck minimized -Odd behavior when replying to a message(2010) Using Outlook 1
R Different behavior AutoForward with Rule vs manual forward. Using Outlook 0
dolke Strange Outlook behavior when receiving emails. More info in the content... Using Outlook 7
B Outlook.exe expands to 1.4 mb and causes eratic computer behavior Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 Changed "Recover Deleted Items" Behavior Using Outlook 11
S Outlook 2007 Add-in strange load behavior Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
B Importing business card into Outlook for SIgnature Using Outlook 1
J Contact Business card view Using Outlook 11
J Make business address defulkt in cureent not new contacts Using Outlook 1
M Setting flag follow up for next business day Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P How to filter primary contacts in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
F Set (flagged) reminder for next business day Using Outlook 4
C Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 3
E Apply customized Business Card for all users Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Diane Poremsky How to Process Mail After Business Hours Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to Always Process Mail After Business Hours Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Project and Business Process Management Tools Using Outlook 0
J BCM 2013 displays wrong form for account and business contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Business Connectivity Service BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
O Calendar and business contact manager Using Outlook 0
N Select Existing BCM Business Contact in C# application Using Outlook 0
N BCM suddenly crashed and not able to view specific business contact. Using Outlook 1
M Adding fields to Task in Outlook Home and Business 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
J USA in Business Card View Using Outlook 4
stephenjones Adding a business account to Outlook Using Outlook 1
S Can't send messages using Outlook 2007 from a business email Using Outlook 3
T Business Projects question BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
J Office 365 small business/Outlook 2013 issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T client addin deletes all business contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Business Contact Mnager losing contact details BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
pedropimenta@netcabo.pt Sync Business contacts with Icloud contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Trying to move my Business Contact Manager ver. 2003 to BCM ver. 2010 Using Outlook 3
D opening Word Document in a business contact? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
M PST large - Imap gmail business Using Outlook 0
E No projects appearing in 'business projects' for bcm Using Outlook 0
A receive error when create new business contact BCM (Business Contact Manager) 14