Opening email causes "Contacting ..." message

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimF

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
There's one company I deal with, and every time I go to open one of their emails I get a message in a small Microsoft Outlook window saying "Contacting: \\xxx-fs1\cad\xxxx\ian\outlook stationery\xxxx red.gif" (where xxxx is the name of the company) along with the 'thinking symbol' of a green bar traveling left to right. After a few seconds, the little alert window disappears and the email opens alright.
It's no more than annoying, but is there a way I can turn this off so future messages from this company open up straightaway as normal?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You can use a hosts file if the resources don't load, but it takes about 2 minutes to time out, so its probably better just to wait.

I've been getting mail from one company that does the same thing - and yes, it's annoying. almost enough to make me convert it to plain text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Opening email causes Outlook crash Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2007 crashes when opening an email Using Outlook 2
Y (Shared Folder) Using the preview pane to open and close a fax, without opening the email itself Using Outlook 1
L Opening up Contact from an Email - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 15
D problem opening email archives Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2007 crashes opening email with image links Using Outlook 4
J Opening links in email Using Outlook 2
C Forwarded email's pictures not opening or viewable by friends. Using Outlook 2
O OUTLOOK 2007: How do I keep email messages I am opening from jumping to the top of my inbox? Using Outlook 2
M Change default program for opening email attachments. Using Outlook 1
P Opening a link from email. Using Outlook 5
G Opening my email Using Outlook 2
A Cannot open attachment when opening Email. Using Outlook 1
O Word documents open slowly when opening from email Using Outlook 4
G opening attachments from an email closes the program and restarts outlook 90% of the time Using Outlook 2
S Attatchments on my email opening up as encoding Using Outlook 4
W Opening a link in an email Using Outlook 2
R I cannot click a http: link in an Outlook 2003 email and have it go to the link. Instead of opening Using Outlook 1
T "The Operation Failed" When opening file attachments on an email. Using Outlook 1
P Opening a web page from a link in an Outlook email Using Outlook 1
O Opening email crashes MS Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 5
K Opening links in email Using Outlook 1
P Opening a link when it comes in the body of an email. Using Outlook 2
W 'Windows Application Error 0Xc00000a5” error opening attached files or email link in Outlook Using Outlook 1
C window pop up when opening outlook email Using Outlook 2
B Opening JPG Attachments to EMAIL Using Outlook 1
M outlook closes when opening email Using Outlook 1
V How to retrive email ids of all senders from outlook without opening each message Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2010 restarting when opening an email Using Outlook 0
T Excel email attachments are opening as Word Documents Using Outlook 0
N When opening a new email the cursor defaults to the body of the email instead of to the TO: line. Customer would like to fix this back. Using Outlook 0
U opening email attachments Using Outlook 0
S Previewing and moving email without opening it up Using Outlook 2
J How do I set email so it checks for new emails upon opening? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 crashes upon opening email Using Outlook 11
S URL opening a new email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Get the message opening date in the outlook email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Email crashes after opening Using Outlook 14
Q Opening email from a share breaks add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 15
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
A Outlook 2016- unable to have all subfolders expanded when opening outlook Using Outlook 11
GregS Immediate crash on opening Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Error Opening Outlook and Control Panel's Mail Applet New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S my vbscript button1_click code works on appointment created but not on opening an existing apntmn Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
N Wishlist Opening Outlook where we left off Outlook Wishlist 0
J Opening Attachments - in People Using Outlook 2
Mistyfied Outlook 2016 not opening Using Outlook 2