Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Dugdale

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

I hope you can help me with a minor address related query. I've got a few hundred email addresses in my suggested list, ie the ones that pop up when i start to type an email, but I've not added many to my contacts list and nor do i want to spend the time to do it and update it if at all possible.

A number of the poeple work for the same companies, and I often want to email the company but I'm not sure of the contact name until I see it. So, is there a way to make the suggested list suggest based on domain of the email as well as the name?

For example it would be really handy if typing 'jam' suggested all of:
james@emailone.com
Dave@jamesassociates.com
chris@logjam.com

I've scoured the net for a while but I've not had any luck, so i'm hoping you will be able to assist. Thank you. Chris

Hi Diane,

Ok, thank you for your quick response, what a shame! I had hoped there was a way to allow that.

Thanks,

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J How do you disable address search box when typing @ in body of email? Using Outlook 0
P Short Date Format when typing in a task Using Outlook 2
R Search/Jump to a folder by typing its name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S OL 2007 user typing. into file box results in .htm.msg Using Outlook 5
S Outlook: Window loses focus when typing a new message Using Outlook 3
O How to find out the domain and server settings that my Outlook is using? Using Outlook 2
P Search folder: all emails sent to or from a domain Using Outlook 1
C Outlook - Macro to block senders domain - Macro Fix Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J How to Block junk/spam domain Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
E Macro to block senders domain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Checking Sender Email Address for trusted domain from list on intranet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook.com premium finally dying... what do I do with my domain? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
Witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
1 Incorrectly Setup a Rule at Domain level to not allow address from outside domain Exchange Server Administration 2
G <mailto:user@domain.com<mailto:user@domain.com<mailto:user@domain.com>>> Using Outlook 5
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
D Importing Outlook Categories from another domain (Exchange 2016/Outlook 2016) Using Outlook 4
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Outlook signatures depending on domain Using Outlook 2
G How to have domain client use owa server instead of exchange server while connect to network Using Outlook 1
L Making rule to move email to folder from one O365 domain Using Outlook 1
M Blocked Sender List @Domain Not Working Using Outlook 0
P Migrate Office 365 mailbox to a different on-premises domain Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Outlook prompts for IMAP user/PW when domain PW changes Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Changing the From Domain in Office 365 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Sort messages by Sender domain Using Outlook 1
C Changing Domain -- Assigned To User field Migration? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Address domain changed after pressing Ctrl+K Using Outlook 3
R How to Block from sending mail to public domain. Using Outlook 8
C Outlook 2010, Need to restrict domain users from installing any sort of a addin in outlook Using Outlook 2
S Setting up Outlook 2010 to work with custom domain outlook.com account BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
N Outlook 2010 exchange - auto-move emails from @domain Exchange Server Administration 1
R Blocked Top-Level Domain List Using Outlook 2
B outlook not sending to one domain only? Using Outlook 2
S How to set up domain by default for connections by Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
Commodore Outlook.com with custom/own domain Using Outlook 4
H outlook 2010 email can't send to other domain Using Outlook 1
K Intermittent ability to send to single domain. "Connection refused" Exchange Server Administration 1
G Rule - All email from a specified domain Using Outlook 2
I Outlook 2010 Search Folder criteria for all mails to and from external domain Using Outlook 9
F Creating Meeting Request Custom form and distribute it to domain user HELP!!! Using Outlook 0
F Creating Meeting Request Custom form and distribute it to domain user HELP!!! Using Outlook 0
S The operation failed error while send email to other domain. Using Outlook 1
M Resolving mil.mail domain Using Outlook 4
H plain text per domain Using Outlook 1
B [SOLVED] Forced to type Domain/username for OWA 2003 with IE 7 or 8 Exchange Server Administration 3
D Outlook 2010 Fails to Send Messages To One Domain Using Outlook 6
T search folders to segregate internal e-mails ( from company domain ) vs exter Using Outlook 1
D Sort e-mail by sender's domain - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2