Outlook email link mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

George T

Outlook version
Outlook 2011 for Mac
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
I sent an email with a chain of previous email exchanges copied onto it. By mistake a link was sent with it reading "documents". this link opens onto my Outlook email. The recipient of the email can access my email by opening the sent link. How can I stop the link from opening and accessing my email?

This was in Outlook 2011 for Mac? Is the account configured as IMAP?

You attached the messages? This would be the only way they could read them.

If you send links to the messages that can be opened in web access, they would need to either know your password or have full access permission to your mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Insert link in email body to attached document in Outlook 365 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
iwshim Can I add an Unsubscribe link to Outlook outgoing email? Something like this? Using Outlook 1
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
Albert McCann Outlook 2021 Outlook Display of HTML Email from two senders is glitchy Using Outlook 0
richardwing Auto forward email that is moves into a specific outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J Recommendations for Outlook Duplicate Email Remover Using Outlook 6
S Outlook 365 Can I change the possible range of highlighting colours when writing an Outlook email? Using Outlook 1
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Email notifications changed with Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 8
glnz How to retrieve or redo Verizon.net email password without affecting Outlook connection? Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 0
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Wrong email address in Outlook 2003 "From" tab in new outgoing emails Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2007 Removing then adding account restores junk email processing Using Outlook 0
F Wishlist Outlook suddenly began synchronizing deleted items every time I delete a single email. Using Outlook 2
HarvMan Toggle between calendar and email in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 12
F Email being marked as Spam by Gmail and not being visible in Outlook Using Outlook 5
G Save and Rename Outlook Email Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M How to setup outlook after importing old account information - Entering email account info creates with "(1)" after the account! Using Outlook 1
D Outlook launch email showing new unread email in reading pane Using Outlook 11
K Outlook adds space to rows in HTML email signatures viewed on mobile Using Outlook 1
M HTML email signature in Outlook Using Outlook 3
M Respond to Outlook Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
U Outlook locking up when replying to Email Using Outlook 7
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
P i-Phone 6s Plus receiving 2 notifications from Outlook email Using Outlook 1
C WARNING - DO NOT USE AN OUTLOOK.COM ADDRESS FOR GOOGLE ACCOUNT RECOVERY EMAIL Using Outlook 10
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
S Outlook email to configure setup for each mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
M Outlook 2013 reminder email by using Outlook vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 3
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1