Send multiple batch tasks to single person

Status
Not open for further replies.

FifferFefferFef

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
When I'm setting up a new job (we do numerous jobs a month) I have a list of tasks which are created need to be assigned all at once to a single individual. So say there's 10 tasks, can they all be assigned at once to a single person...?

Is there a way to assign all those tasks together to a single person (say 10 tasks) without assigning each task individually? Also, can the notification email be turned off? My assistant doesn't need to be notified of each task, it's just a checklist of reminders for various items to accomplish.

One thought is a task which would be a job, with lots of sub-tasks that are the items to complete for that job, but I have no idea if sub-tasks even exist, still learning the ropes to tasks. Want to work within the system rather than around it if possible.

When I'm setting up a new job (we do numerous jobs a month) I have a list of tasks which are created need to be assigned all at once to a single individual. So say there's 10 tasks, can they all be assigned at once to a single person...?

No, outlook doesn't support that.

Is there a way to assign all those tasks together to a single person (say 10 tasks) without assigning each task individually? Also, can the notification email be turned off? My assistant doesn't need to be notified of each task, it's just a checklist of reminders for various items to accomplish.
No again, unfortunately. Do they need to be in separate tasks? If it's just a check list, can you use one task?

Subtasks do not exist.

Thanks for your reply. I suppose the idea is to essentially use Outlook as a lite version of MS Project and track various job components without so much bulk. These jobs turn over fairly quickly and using MS Project seems like overkill.

Still, it's very helpful to know various tasks have been completed, when, and in what order so if I need to take over a job to complete it and submit to a client, various outstanding items, and their relative completeness will be already known. Helps gauge how much time investment will be required (Gantt chart concept).

This avoids the many conversations with a team about their progress which become tedious with multiple team members working on multiple jobs with multiple tasks. Perhaps some iteration of MS Project might be what the doctor ordered if we actually want to track progress that closely.

Are you using in-house exchange or office 365? Office 365 has a Planner that might help with the task tracking. My complaint is that it's not in outlook, like tasks are and is online-only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
V Copy and paste body and subject and send multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Script in rule to send to multiple emails found in message bo Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
J Send Multiple Emails Using Outlook 1
R Multiple Domains routing through multiple send connectors Exchange Server Administration 5
P Multiple domains (bound to multiple IPs) send connectors? Exchange Server Administration 5
D Outlook 2007: "the Operation Failed" on Send to Multiple addresses Using Outlook 6
U Using /a switch to send multiple files? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Synchronization and taking forever to send Using Outlook 2
D Send on behalf of does not store the base mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 recipient no longer shows in 'Send To' Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
Geldner Send / Receive a particular group via macro or single keypress Using Outlook 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L How to avoid issues with "Send on Behalf" Using Outlook 3
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 0
A Change settings Send/receive VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
K Run a script rule to auto 'send again' on undeliverable emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
T Outlook creates a copie of every mail I send Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
R How to restrict GWSMO sync to Outlook Send/Receive cycles Using Outlook 0
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
PGSystemTester VBA To Change AppointmentItem.BusyStatus From MeetingItem Before Send Using Outlook 0
C Synchronizing subscribed folders causes hanging during send/receive process Using Outlook 2
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
C Send/receive error 80040119 Using Outlook 2
J Send Again NDR Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
B resend if no reply and send an automatic reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Send As a Gmail account via outlook Web Using Outlook 3
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2