MHT files (from "View in browser")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2021 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
On HTML mail messages, there's usually also an option "view in browser". I remember this used to work when I used it a few years ago. If I do it now, it opens in Edge, and it only displays plain text "code" there, instead of a rendered message with images and formatting. Pretty much the same in Firefox.
Any idea how to solve this?

Yep, that did it, thanks.

As I don't really use Edge, I also noticed that it was logged into my Microsoft account - I suppose it did this when I added outlook.com account to Outlook. The system also logged the whole Office into outlook.com account after adding its IMAP account. Is there no way to keep those separate now?

The outlook.com account was added as an IMAP account?

If you are offered an option to sign in only to email, that will keep you from logging into other services. I don't know if outlook.com offer that option or only business accounts.

In Windows Settings - Accounts - under email & accounts, can you disconnect the account? It will make you sign in again next time you check email - and if you are given a choice to onbly sign into email, click the link.

Not sure anymore - I think I wanted to add it as IMAP, but it was automatically "autodiscovered" and added as an Exchange account (this I only noticed later on). The whole Office suite was subsequently logged into the MS account, and apparently Edge as well. A couple of days ago I went to File / Office Account (in Outlook or Word) and chose Sign Out, and I later discovered that also the outlook.com mail account wasn't syncing any longer. And when I signed it back in (thinking it would be email account only), the Outlook theme also changed color (the Office Account was logged in again). Oh well.

Under Windows Settings / Accounts / Email & accounts, the MS account has "Apps need to ask me to use this account" under "Sign in options".

I do have Office 2021 if that makes any difference (not shown on my profile here, as the highest option was 2019...). I get the feeling that 2021 is about the same as 365, except that it can be used and updated without the MS account login.

Fun fact: The top 3 queried hosts on my OpenDNS dashboard during the last week:
  • outlook.office365.com
  • autodiscover.outlook.com
  • _autodiscover._tcp.outlook.com

but it was automatically "autodiscovered" and added as an Exchange account
This is recommended for Outlook.com and any other exchange account.

I do have Office 2021 if that makes any difference
That is a non-subscription version - but you need signed into it for the license.

Fun fact: The top 3 queried hosts on my OpenDNS dashboard during the last week:
  • outlook.office365.com
  • autodiscover.outlook.com
  • _autodiscover._tcp.outlook.com
It's similar if you use Fiddler to watch HTTP traffic - Outlook constantly pins the server.

That is a non-subscription version - but you need signed into it for the license.

Does this mean that if I leave it signed out for 30 days, it will start bugging me to sign in again? I'm pretty sure it's tied to the machine, not the MS account, but we'll see.

It should... but they keep changing the requirements for Office licenses, so who knows. :) We'll find out in 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Outlook 365 Files Being Created with Logging OFF Using Outlook 0
F Outlook 365 Can I attach 2 files to to post? Using Outlook 1
K Protected View - Files fail, no banner Using Outlook 4
R Advise on using multiple instances of network files based on customers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
H Outlook 365 issue getting details from embedded files, crashing routine Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 213 keeps crashing. I just found out there are DMP files. How can I tell Why? Using Outlook 2
J What are .PST.db and .PST.db.journal Files? Using Outlook 2
G Outlook 2016: Want IMAP Data Files on My D: Drive and Not C: Drive Using Outlook 1
D a general question re how backup programs handle pst files ... I have no problems, just curious Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
N pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted Using Outlook 5
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
C Export NSF Lotus Notes files in Outlook PST format? Using Outlook 1
abnet Advice required re backing up .ost and .pst files Using Outlook 7
R "Can't store Outlook data files under the AppData folder. Please choose another folder." Using Outlook 6
N Two .pst files on one computer both with contacts? Using Outlook 9
V Carbonite not backing up .ost files Using Outlook 7
DoctorJellybean Import accounts\files Using Outlook 1
P Desktop doesn't index Outlook IMAP files, laptop Outlook does index those same IMAP files Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 2016 has "Outlook 2015" files Using Outlook 2
R How can I access my emails from corrupt offline files of MS Outlook ? Using Outlook 1
K Outlook Archive to PST Files by Date Range VBA Script? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Any decent tool to compare .pst files? Using Outlook 2
L Need to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 Account Using Outlook 4
S Dragging Files In Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 6
M Multiple spurious empty folders appear in archive files Using Outlook 3
O Merge .pst files (without structure) Using Outlook 7
C Attached Files outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Attached files on Outlook 2010 Sp1 & Exc 2013 are missing Exchange Server Administration 1
B Delete/replace old files and save new attachments Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010, 2013 will not open .msg or .eml files Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Lost PST files after format Using Outlook 6
Diane Poremsky Rename Email Accounts and Data Files in the Folder List Using Outlook 0
LarryS change day template as cpao does not see .catx files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Kika Melo Change location of Outlook SecureTemporary Files Folder Using Outlook 5
A UID field in iCal files - unique per-event or per-user or both? Using Outlook 2
I Windows 10 - .msg files on disk show Explorer popup error Using Outlook 5
I Not receiving video files sent by iPad Using Outlook 1
B Deleting old Stream_autocomplete and other files Using Outlook 1
fitzgerald Lost PST files after format - how to recover deleted files? Using Outlook 3
P Excel 2010 can't open .xlsx files Using Outlook 1
K Cannot consistently drag and drop .msg files into Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Excel Files Won't Display in Reading Pane Using Outlook 1
S Repair corrupt .PST & .OST files Using Outlook 5
V data files cannot be opened Using Outlook 4
Z Importing PST files from Outlook 07 to Outlook mac Preview Using Outlook 1
J Using 2003 .pst files w 2013 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Use a Macro to Attach Files to New Messages Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky "Too many files" Error Message Using Outlook 0
X Best utility for repairing PST files? Using Outlook 3