Outlook 2003 error-Microsoft outlook has encountered a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wnat to change the file msmapi32.dll

How can i do that?

Pls send the older version of the file msmapi32.dll

Mikksa, if it isn't too much trouble, I am having the very same issue and cannot locate the msmapi32.dll 11.0.5601. Would you care to email it to me? That MS doesn't have this available for download, since it seems to be a massive issue, is beyond me.

Try Googling msmapi32.dll 11.0.8002.0 and see what you get. Pages and pages of this misery.

My address is olsonkelly@comcast.net. Please let me know if you cannot.

Many Thanks,

MDK

I just recovered from it. Not five minutes ago - here's what happened.

Turns out if you send in the notice that your system crashed enough times, what ends up happening is the following:

1. You send the error in, and at the end, it thanks you, and there's a hyperlink you click giving you more information about your error. Believe me when I say that I mashed the 'Send' button on telling MS about the error almost a dozen times, and never got this prompt. BE SURE NOT TO BLOW OFF THE HYPERLINK, because this is the only way to find out SP3 of Office is available, and it will require to YET AGAIN install the MS Genuine Advantage DLL, and yet again install the new Office Update Installer Active X control before finding out that a new SP 3 is available.

2. It then tells you the error was MS's fault (there's news) and then it says SP3 FOR OFFICE IS AVAILABLE!!!!!!!

3. This is extraordinary, because in ensuring I had the latest updates for all my OS software and Office software, it told me using Windows Update that I have every new version of everything I could ever want. To the point that the only new fixes availabe were add-in's and other creature comfort enhancements to Office.

4. Long story short, it installs TWO new fixes - 1 is the SP3 for Office 2003, the second is an UPDATED SPAM FILTER DLL. Turns out THIS LATTER FILE is the actual culprit. Something flips a bit on the dll and shuts down your ability to receive ANYTHING on certain accounts. No way to reset this. Thus, the new improved DLL. Not a freaking word about this on any forum. As far as technet is concerned, as late as Sept 4, people were still having this issue world wide.

Anyway, I'm back, and without burning more time waiting in MS's support queue either.

Hiya guys,

one of my client too is getting the same problem with Outlook. Outlook 2003 crashes randomly with the message that ' Microsoft Outlook 2003 has encountered a problem.. ' . Please advise and sent me the required msmapi32.dll file on my email ' dvinod25@gmail.com '

Many thanks...

vinod

Hi Everyone,

Facing the same problem and would appreciate if someone can send me the required msmapi32.dll

It all started after I installed the latest update of the Microsoft Connector software to get hotmail in Outlook.

I also have the same issue with the Genuine installation.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

Jan

Hey there, I took the advice of others and finally found the file in a cab file on my Office 2003 CD. I extracted it and replaced my newer msmapi32.dll file nad no crashes yet. Let's hope it stays that way. I also sent that file to anyone that had asked for that file in the past few months.

I hope it works for you...))

Daryl

I have been dealing with this issue last few days. I already had a problem in Outlook 2003 receiving multiple emails both in the inbox and Junk Box - I thought I had inadvertently set a rule that caused this issue but my rules and alerts would not work at all. Finally I uninstalled and thought I would reinstall. When I uninstalled I took everything to do with Office off my computer. There was a Office 2003 trial version that I had not activated so I removed that also.

When I reinstalled I got this same message and I did get the link for the updates and followed that. After installing the updates I still retained the problem. I removed the Junk filter update and still got the problem.

Any more suggestions? I am going to try removing all again and then updating only to spervice pack 3.

Ms annie

ssharon48@excite.com

Seems my problem has a different reason.

Found out that it was related to the Linkedin Toolbar.

Once I removed the program, outlook works again properly.

Cheers

Jan

We were having the same problem everyone is describing here, except it was only our Outlook 2003 machines. It started abruptly this past Monday 10/1/07. We eventually found the cause of the problem: One user just started creating meeting requests from a Public Folder calendar. In addition, they were including a screenshot within the meeting request, which I have no proof at this time if the screenshot caused the problem.

One of our technicians solved the problem like this -- I pasted his solution below:

I have fixed a couple of these by taking Outlook offline and synchronizing the folders separately. Once I identified which folder was bombing out, I created a PST and moved everything from that folder that had been added to it since Monday. Sync all of the folders again manually and bring Outlook back on line until Outlook says all folders are up to date. Then move the items back into the folders they belong in, in the users regular mailbox a little at a time until you find the email that takes it down. Both computers had a Meeting Request that had a screen shot of EBS in it that was the culprit. One was in the deleted folder and the other was on the calendar. The Meeting Request was sent by the same person, xxxxxxxx. When I tried to copy the request back into the users regular calendar it would take Outlook down. I even created a new appointment in Outlook and pasted the details into it and it still crashed Outlook. I finally just deleted the screen shot and everything seems to be normal. I tried to forward the Meeting Request to myself so I could pass it around but as soon as I try, outlook crashes. I saved the original email in a PST on one of the computers if someone wants to figure out why a screen shot would cause that problem.

So recreating a profile may or may not work unless you delete the email that is causing the problem first.

--I hope this helps someone.

Hi,

This problem just popped up last week for me. Is somebody able to send me a copy of the correct msmapi32.dll file? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

email: jdewhurst@harvard.ca

Jim

Hi,

I discovered this thread after Outlook 2003 crashed on me last Monday, 10/8/07. When I first sent an error report, I got back a message to update Outlook, which I did to SP 3, version 11.0.8173.0. It has since repeatedly crashed at start-up: Outlook opens, it displays my files, then gives the " Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem..." message and closed.
I've tried: using the inbox repair tool the one time I could get into Outlook; opening with an older .pst file from before the crash; using the " repair" button in the add/remove hardware menu in control panel; uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook; opening Outlook with no .pst file available and importing my inbox. Everytime, except the last, it crashed just after Outlook started. With the last fix, it opened with no .pst file, but then crashed when I imported messages.

Any new ideas out there?

Thanks,

Marge

Does anyone have the msmapi32.dll (11.0.5601) file they could send me. I am close to rebuilding and really would like to try this solution first. Thanks! ryan.1106@hotmail.com

Fixed this by reenabling any disabled network connections.

Not sure why this worked but that was definately my problem.

Hi all, my sister was just visiting and changed my email from outlook express to Outlook 2000. I am now getting the Microsfot outlook has encountered..... message evertime I try to open it. I was hoping that whoever is sending everyone what might be a fix: msmapi32.dll (11.0.5601) file that you could send it to me too. I would be very grateful. my email is buffarama@suddenlink.net

Status
Not open for further replies.