Multiple Calendars issue - how to delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abailes

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

I have a large amount of old e-mails stored in about 20 different data files within Outlook 2010. I'm a very heavy user of Outlook and file away well over 100 messages a day. I need to for legal reasons. Most of these data files are well over 1Gb each.

Recently I tried to install a auto-filing application (wolf something or other) and, before I could stop it, it added a additional set of folders into each and every data file. Specifically, it added a Drafts Folder, a Junk E-mail folder, an RSS Feeds folder, a Calendar folder, a Contacts Folder, a Journal Folder, a Notes Folder and a Tasks folder to every one of my 20 data files. As the damn software didn't work, I am still filing manually, but now my life is significantly harder as I have about 20 x 10 = 200 additional, empty, folders to scroll through.

Furthermore, in the Calendar application, I now have 20 calendars to contend with, whereas I need and use only one (in my main mailbox).

And of course, I cannot delete these folders as you cannot delete a Calendar folder, etc. etc. That option is grayed out from the right-click menu.

There must be a way to delete these... please help, its driving me spare.

Yes, I probably could set up 20 new data files and drag everything across, but given the size of everything, that would take me probably a day to sort out.

Any assistance very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

yikes, the program made the pst files think they were the defaults (or it treated each as the default) and created the default folder. I'd try MFCMAPI to delete the extra folders - get it from mfcmapi.codeplex.com. If you need help using it, the articles here; http://www.outlook-tips.net/?s=mfcmapi should get you pointed in the right direction. If you still need help, i'll write up the exact instructions in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Synchronize contacts and calendars across multiple devices Using Outlook 0
J Multiple calendars Using Outlook 0
V Multiple Calendars in Outlook To-Do Bar; Office 365 Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Combine and Print Multiple Outlook Calendars Using Outlook 0
Jeanne Goodman Create Printout from Multiple Shared Calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
Diane Poremsky Select Multiple Calendars in Outlook Using Outlook 0
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T populating multiple calendars without invites Using Outlook 1
ACM Viewing Outlook calendars on multiple devices Using Outlook 3
V Cannot search multiple calendars at once Using Outlook 2
B Sharing Multiple Outlook 2010 Calendars (Exchange) Exchange Server Administration 4
M syning multiple calendars from Outlook 2007 through iTunes Using Outlook 3
P Print multiple pocket calendars on one page Using Outlook 5
M How do I get Outlook Today to show appts from multiple calendars? Using Outlook 5
A Know any product to sync multiple Exchange calendars please? Using Outlook 4
R Select Multiple Graphic Objects Using Outlook 0
Hornblower409 Automatically or Manually Backup Multiple Versions of VbaProject.OTM Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook 365 Multiple different Signatures on Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 0
R Advise on using multiple instances of network files based on customers Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
D multiple email accounts - why do I have to choose the "from" account address?? Using Outlook 2
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C How to search for items in Outbox with multiple accounts? Using Outlook 20
K How to share multiple calendar items Using Outlook 1
K Multiple copies of task being created Using Outlook 2
S Auto forward for multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K Multiple Rules on Single Email Using Outlook 2
Cathy Rhone gmail listed multiple times Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Globalforester ItemAdd Macro - multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Multiple emails Using Outlook 8
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
E Asking user to select multiple options in a list in an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Multiple signatures Using Outlook 2
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
R How to get the Items object of the default mailbox of a specific account in a multiple account Outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Multiple Inboxes Using Outlook 3
RBLampert Accessing Outlook accounts from multiple computers Using Outlook 8
Martull Forced signature when multiple accounts exist Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Outlook 2010 Correct way to map multiple contact fields Using Outlook 4
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
O Multiple email accounts - hesitate to create a new profile Using Outlook 3
papa.deblanc Multiple Instances Using Outlook 6
A Add multiple servers "on behalf of" email to "safe senders" list. Using Outlook 1
M possible to search Outlook for multiple email addresses at once? Using Outlook 1
C Macro to add multiple recipients to message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D [TOOL] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Multiple Outlook Invites Received by One Person Using Outlook 4