How to show related Opportunities on Accounts form

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerruss

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I've been trying to add a relationship field to the Accounts form that will show related Opportunities, however when I try it says that there is already a predefined field installed. If this is true, can I use it and where would I find it as it's not in the add fields section?

Thought it'd be simple but nothing is these days - Hope you can help.

Russ

almallas

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi,

Every opportunity matches to one account or one contact. When you create the opportunity you link it <LINK To..>to the right account or contact.

If you link the opportunity to an account it attaches it to the primary contact.

To see the opportunity you go to the History tab of the linked contact or primary contact, when is linked to an account.

If a contact with attached opportunity moves to different account, be sure you relink the opportunity to the original account, otherwise the opportunity will be transferred to the new account.

Track potential sales opportunities in Business Contact Manager

Cheers!

tigerruss

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I think you miss the point. I'm quite happy with how it all works, I'm simply trying to modify the Account form to have a section that displays any related opportunities to that account.

almallas

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
"... simply trying to modify the Account form to have a section that displays any related opportunities to that account. "

The 'History' tab shows all the related opportunities to any specific account.

I guess what you want is this information, related opportunities, to be displayed in the 'General' tab, the first page. Is that right?

tigerruss

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Yes, I want a simple pane (on the general tab ideally) that just shows related Opportunites i.e. those that have been linked to either a business contact of that account or the account it self.

I do not want to have to search through hundreds of history activities to find them

Hope you can help

Status
Not open for further replies.