Status
Not open for further replies.

Piet22

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hello,

We have used a customized contact form with VBA code in OL2000 and OL2003 for many years now.

After migration to OL2010 we receive the message "The form you selected cannot be displayed. The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your adminstrator"

Clearing the forms cache did not help.

In designer mode, opening the original .oft file as saved in our file system is possible and the form seems to run well in designer mode.

However, after publishing the form in the personal forms library it still does not work. Same error message as above.
Also, trying to reopen it in designer mode from the personal forms library is not possible. Same error message as above.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Piet

Thank you for replying Diane,

Did you increase the version #?

Yes

Does it work if you publish under a new name?

No, no difference

What elements are in the form? Anything special?

Some of the original scripts published by Helen Feddema on Slipstick to open customized letters (packing lists, faxes etc) directly from the contact form. See picture.

Now something weird has happened. In the original contact folder, i have reset the form to the default contact ipm.contact.

Reset form cache

Now when I try to add a new contact, the message appears that the custom form cannot be opened and that outlook wil use an outlook form instead.

However, my customized form is opened although the buttons do not work!

Piet

Attachments

• itr400.png
    itr400.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 583
Can you send me a copy of the form (as an oft) ?

It looks like the scripts are disabled - this happens if the form is not published (yours is).

Is the form being used in a public folder? If so, check the settings in file, options, trust center - email security. Is script enabled?

hello Diane,

Attached is the zipped oft file.

All security measures are disabled in Outlook and Word.

Thanks again

Piet

Attachments

• itr4.00.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 470
i think it worked for me when i published it - clicking the buttons brought up an error that a file wasn't found. that would be expected if the form calls a file. i have macro security off - all macros allowed. (Scripting in folders is not enabled.)

Diane,

I enabled all macro's in the trust center when I started. Antivirus is Security Essentials.

So I am at a loss now.

I will perform a fresh install of Windows 7 and Office 2010 on a spare PC in the next days and see what happens with the form on that PC.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks for now.

Piet

We're overlooking something, but I can't think what it could be... macro security is low, the form is published. I'm using MSE, so its not that.

Do macros in the VBE run? if you need one to test with, try this one -http://www.slipstick.com/developer/print-list-categories-colors/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S BCM 2007 to 2010 migration failure issue BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Outlook 2010 BCM Migration to Standard Contacts BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Microfiche Migration from Office 2016 H&B to Office 365 Using Outlook 0
B Headache with Hotmail and Outlook since migration Exchange Server Administration 10
Diane Poremsky Data loss may occur during public folder migration Using Outlook 0
M The coming Outlook migration Using Outlook 1
M Data File Management confusion after migration Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook.com Migration Status Using Outlook 0
A Migration to Exchange, still happening? How will I know when? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
W Outlook.com -> Exchange Migration Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Exchange Server Migration Tools Using Outlook 0
C Changing Domain -- Assigned To User field Migration? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
H Exchange 2013 ECP migration connects to crashed server Exchange Server Administration 0
J Migration from BCM 2010 to 2013 is messing up the label fields BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
P correct public folder migration exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
S Public FolderEmail Sort Problems Outlook 2010/Migration from 2003 SBS to 2011S Using Outlook 3
C Outllook Migration - Office 200? - 2010 - Shared Mailbox Export-Bulk 500 users Using Outlook 1
D Biggest migration problem - X500 addresses Exchange Server Administration 1
C BCM 2007 to 2010 Migration BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Q VB6 to VB.Net Migration Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Outlook 365 issue getting details from embedded files, crashing routine Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Mail rule issue Using Outlook 3
D Auto Remove [EXTERNAL] from subject - Issue with Macro Using Outlook 21
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Gmail in Outlook 2010 preview issue Using Outlook 4
M Issue transferring Outlook 2016 email accounts & settings onto new computer Using Outlook 8
P Forwarding emails issue with special characters replacing text body Using Outlook 1
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Clipboard Resize Issue Using Outlook 7
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 "Item could not be moved - still an issue for Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
E Mail sorting view issue Using Outlook 1
D hide messege issue Using Outlook 1
B Outllok 2007 License Expired issue Using Outlook 0
ManaarZakaria I'm afraid of this issue, cause of strange error Exchange Server Administration 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Another reinstall of Outlook 2010 issue Using Outlook 10
Justo Horrillo Issue with rules in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
G Icloud Contacts With Outlook Issue Using Outlook 4
J Outlook.com Contact Sync Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
M Calendar Time Zone issue Using Outlook 0
B My outlook calendar edit issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Unusual calendar issue Exchange Server Administration 0
D Multiple Accounts Issue Receiving Emails in 2016 Using Outlook 0
B Winmail.dat Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
tswatek Issue with where Outlook saves new contacts Using Outlook 3
K Outlook with MDaemon Connectivity Issue Using Outlook 4
G .ost file corrupted / solved the issue with some posts already said, but .ost file is corrupted agai Using Outlook 2
D Resizing issue for message field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Outlook hanging issue Using Outlook 0