Not open for further replies.

HLawton

Outlook version
Outlook 2011 for Mac
Email Account
POP3
Hi all,

First post

Been searching High and low for last couple of days, been given a promotion recently and a lot of my job task for my crews come in by email, At the moment I print the email and give a separate daily record sheet with each email everytime one comes in for the crews to complete during the day. This has becoming very time consuming as I receive close to 60 Jobs a day.

I was hoping by any miracle that I could have the Daily record sheet ( which is a excel workbook) be automatically entered when these emails from certain addresses come in and possible print. My friend was able to do this in Unix, but we use Windows at work. Is this possible or is it only wishful thinking to do this in Windows?

Thanks

I think you can do it in Windows to - but I want to make sure I understand the process.

You receive an Excel attachment by email and want to automatically print it?

Or do you need to copy text of an email into an excel worksheet?

Both are possible using VBA but (obviously) the VBA you'll need is different.

So I get a Email from say job@council.com

it comes with job address and what needs to be done at that address.

So I print this and give it to the crew

I also give them a extra worksheet to enter details of what was done at the job, materials used, labour cost etc

I want to minimise the amount of paper work that goes out, so to stop paper work been lost in transit

So when a email comes from job@council.com, a excel worksheet which is created already is automatically attached to the email and printed on the same page as the Job address and Job details

Hope that explains it

Thank you for the quick responce

Attaching an excel sheet (as an attachment) to incoming email is possible. Printing it with the message on the same sheet (while not using the printer's 2 up print option) requires you to rewrite the message body to include a table with the text - that too would require VBA. I'll take a look at it in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P How to get a QR code for automatic signin with Outlook for iOS Using Outlook 5
U Rolling Back Office broke automatic updates Using Outlook 4
P Automatic Greeting "Hello Name," when Reply All is clicked Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Commodore Automatic switch between working offline/online Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 - Automatic purge fail Using Outlook 0
A Automatic forwarding to different people on a rotational basis Using Outlook 2
B resend if no reply and send an automatic reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Removing Recipients from an automatic response Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Automatic color category according to variable domains Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
N automatic response with an attachment based on the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E How to send automatic emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
N VBA Script to Send Automatic Emails from Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Desktop - Automatic Rule Processing Using Outlook 3
P Threat to being a spammer while sending automatic Emails through VBA Using Outlook 3
reza Macro to automatic reply using orignal mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
B Automatic picture download and changing email addresses Using Outlook 3
J why won't the automatic send/receive work Using Outlook 7
S rule, automatic replies, restricting them to within the company Using Outlook 1
I Automatic reply to an email Using Outlook 0
P Daily Automatic Reply Using Outlook 1
P Automatic reply on incoming messages in outlook using VBA(only Specifi person) Using Outlook 14
R automatic signature Using Outlook 0
B Looking for an add-in or a way to send automatic replies based off a list Using Outlook 2
M Automatic Bcc Using Outlook 2
C starting Outlook 2003 sp3 sets Junk Email setting to 'No automatic filtering' Using Outlook 3
K automatic cleanup folder Using Outlook 3
B How to automatic save Sending or replying contacts e-mails into contacts? Using Outlook 0
J Form design - how do I insert an automatic date/time field? Using Outlook 2
C Text reply mail in Outlook 2010 has automatic margin indent Using Outlook 9
P Automatic personalized reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Stop automatic opening BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
P propagate automatic formatting to other Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Re: Propogate Automatic Formatting to Other Folder in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Sending automatic email from Access using Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Code to import address book in automatic mode Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Error when exporting Sent Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
P OT: Need website like this one, but for Excel Using Outlook 0
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
M using excel to sort outlook appointment items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 10
H Information from user defined field into Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2