top tool bar not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

joep

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Anyone seen the following;

The top part of Outlook tool bar eg: file, edit, view, tools, action, help, do not work when I click on any of them.

That is to say no option appear. The tool bar below the top one with the new, and send/receive buttons work ok.

I also get a memory error once in a while when I close outlook don't know if its connected.

I have tried uninstalling microsoft office and then re-installing but no change. In fact you would think that by uninstalling and then installing office that when I open up outlook all my existing emails would have disappeared as its a fresh install but they are still there as if the uninstall had not happened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try restting the toolbar or deleting the outcmd.dat file?

to reset: right click on the toolbar area, choose customize. Select the menu bar and reset. May need to reset other toolbars too.

outcmd.dat is at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook - find it and delete it.

Hi

Thanks for the info, but I can't right click the tool bar as nothing appears.

As for the outcmd.dat does not seem to exist. I get to microsoft folder but no outlook. I have also done a search in my XP o/s C: drive with show hidden files but outcmd.dat does not appear.

regards Joe

The files my be hidden, Windows likes to hide that path.

In Windows XP, copy and paste this line into the address bar of windows explorer then press Enter.

%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

That should show the contents of the folder.

(this board may split Outlook into 2 words; the only space is between Application and Data)

Yes I have found the file but when I deleted it there was no change to my issue.

It doesn't matter I have decided to go back to outlook express.

thanks for your help anyway.

regards Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
T Why is every new email pinned (to keep it on top)? Windows 10 Using Outlook 6
MrMayor SENT mail not reloading to top?? Using Outlook 4
M Same file "stuck" on top of file list in "Attach File" drop down Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page Using Outlook 8
K How to access emails found to be located in "Top of Outlook data file"? Using Outlook 3
P How to make outlook display alert appear on top of other windows whenever a new email is received? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Sent Items not holding Newest on Top Using Outlook 3
L Sort bar at top of inbox preview outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
R Blocked Top-Level Domain List Using Outlook 2
A adding comment to top of forwarded email Using Outlook 6
Jennifer Murphy Annoying "-----------" at top of tasks Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010: Change the font for the area at the top of an open email. Using Outlook 1
B Keeping an Outlook window on top (2010) Using Outlook 6
M Preventing conversation from moving to the top of the message box? Using Outlook 7
J Changing name at top when printing contact Using Outlook 2
S New Mail message, with attachment, always on top. Using Outlook 7
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
O Importing Mbox - anyone out there having experience with this tool... Using Outlook 2
D [TOOL] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Is there an Outlook tool to normalize text for entries that are in ALL CAPS? Using Outlook 2
O Any decent tool to compare .pst files? Using Outlook 2
iwshim Skype tool bar in quick access ribon Using Outlook 1
T Using Codesync 2 Tool - Which Calendar Using Outlook 8
B Easy to handle backup tool Using Outlook 1
J What exactly does the BCM Database tool actually do? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J How do I get the database tool to recognize my data file? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
J Can the BCM Database tool be used over VPN? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
E BCM Database Tool Using Outlook 2
D Custom Tool Bar and/or Commands do not remain when re-opening Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
C My BCM Database is no longer available to be shared with the Database Tool BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
E Exchange or Outlook Matching tool Exchange Server Administration 1
N BCM 2010 for CRM tool? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
L Outlook backup tool Using Outlook 5
R Create a network PST file with office customization tool office 2010 Using Outlook 4
N Inbox repair tool - scanpst.exe. That file is missing from my computer. Using Outlook 2
W Inbox Repair Tool missing Using Outlook 5
I Can I share BCM V2 Database on 2003 by using BCM Data Admin Tool BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S HELP: Create Buttons in Outlook Email body or Tool bar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B How to remove user from business contact manager for outlook 2007database tool(BCM) BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
P Write a tool to generate a PST file with the same structure as old Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Stop ribbon item tool tip text from wrapping? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Scheduled backup for BCM Database Tool BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Cannot seem to use BCM Database Tool on SQL Server 2008 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
U Is it posible to Invoke a custom Form in my Outlook Add-in tool ba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Relocate Search Bar in Outlook Using Outlook 2
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Outlook search bar in Office 2021 Professional Using Outlook 1
S Different views for To-Do List and To-Do Bar Using Outlook 1
ad24rouse Column Width of To-Do Bar Using Outlook 5