Clicking box to delete junk mail doesn't stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

VivR

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I want email sent to the junk mail file automatically deleted instead of left in the folder. I've checked the option but every time I go back to look, it has unchecked the box and junk mail is still there. Is there any way to make this permanent?

Look at the infobar on the message - what does it say? What Moved a Message to the Junk E-mail Folder? - Slipstick Systems

If you set junk mail to be deleted in junk mail options and close the dialog but keep outlook open, then check it 10 minutes later, is it unchecked? If so, what do you use for antivirus? It's possible that it is taking over the antispam.

I want email sent to the junk mail file automatically deleted instead of left in the folder. I've checked the option but every time I go back to look, it has unchecked the box and junk mail is still there. Is there any way to make this permanent?

I experimented and found if I leave Outlook 2003 running, the checked box remains checked. If I close Outlook completely, when I reopen it, the box is again unchecked. I use Microsoft Essentials now, but up until last week I was using AVG which I have since uninstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Outlook Custom Form Scripting only working when clicking on "Run this form" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R What's supposed to appear when just clicking into the search field? Using Outlook 7
N contact notepad 'style' getting changed after clicking and running Activities Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2013 when clicking To in a new email show Company names Using Outlook 0
S Calendar loops when clicking on calendar link to start it Using Outlook 1
C Set reminder / appointment by right clicking email Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook 2007, clicking email addresses fails to open Contact Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 2013 crashes saving VBA & clicking tools | digital signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Clicking reply on sent emails TO field Using Outlook 2
K blank emails generated in outbox when clicking on Inbox and other foders Using Outlook 0
D Prevent Outlook from resolving incomplete contact when clicking send Using Outlook 2
J Nothing happens after clicking on the link in my emails Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2003 freezing when clicking on TO button Using Outlook 2
Commodore Is IMAP automatically refreshed when clicking the folder? Using Outlook 1
P Outlook closes down after clicking on the quick print icon. Using Outlook 3
A No profiles created problem in outlook after clicking outlook icon Using Outlook 0
E Double clicking on from email address does no longer open corresponding contact in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
S Outlook hangs when clicking on Calendar BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
N Adding 'Add To Business Contacts' when right-clicking an email add BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
S New Email "From" box stopped working Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 365 Search Box reverting to old location Using Outlook 2
J How do you disable address search box when typing @ in body of email? Using Outlook 0
L Is there a way to completely disable the "archive" box? Using Outlook 1
M Reverting The Outlook Search Box Location (or other undesired additions) Using Outlook 1
P outlook 2008 search box criteria couldn't be saved Using Outlook 2
Terry Sullivan E-Mails Sent Using a Group Box Result in 70 Kickbacks Using Outlook 4
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Private check box in table view Using Outlook 0
Commodore Folders always closed in move/copy items dialog box Using Outlook 3
P IMAP Folders Dialog Box Using Outlook 1
C Custom Outlook Form - Populate Information from Radio Button / Check Box Using Outlook 0
J Program Checkbox that will activate a text box in a Outlook fallible form. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
CWM030 Call me old if you want. OL 2016 font size out of the box. Using Outlook 3
P Suppress dialog box on email check error? Using Outlook 5
E Don't want Inbox shown when login box is shown Using Outlook 1
stephen li VBA Outlook send mail automatically by specified outlook mail box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Using Data From Combo Box in Appointment Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A GetSelectNamesDialog Pre-fill search box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
P Custom Outlook form_Validations in combo box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Outlook 2010 sending safe senders email to junk box Using Outlook 8
K Sharedmail box Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Diane Poremsky Outlook Suggestion Box at Uservoice Using Outlook 0
D Emails do not appear in Sent box! Using Outlook 4
T OL2010 Password box keeps appearing. Using Outlook 6
A From box in custom outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Kristine RS box added in Favorites disappears Using Outlook 6
L An () has been inserted after the address in an address box; how do I remove them. Using Outlook 1
rohit I want to Populate Popup box while sending any email with attachment. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
rohit I want to Populate Popup box while sending any email with attachment Using Outlook 1