Outlook 2007 Task

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
In designing a task form, I am under the understanding you can't had a field to first page, but can add it to the P-2.

So I added a field to P2, and figured out how that field will show up in the to-do list when you open task folder etc.

First Question:

In the forms of my contacts, I have a number of comboboxes (that you have seen privately in the form I sent you), so is there a way to put that combox that I created in the form of the contacts (which has a droplist etc.) in the P2 of the Task form, as you can create a new combobox in that P2 of the Task Form, but I would prefer to just put in the ones I already created.

Second Question:

So if it is the combobox from contact form, and when I open the contact name, create a task, is there a way that that combobox in the contact and the droplist words I selected for the contact, will automatically be added to that same combobox form in the Task? Or or is there a macro that could do that?

Thanks so much as this will heavily update how you remember to do things relative to each contact and I will see the list on my Task area.

I am repeating the foregoing in different way with other areas to understand:

In designing a task form, I am under the understanding you can't had a field to first page, but can add it to the P-2.

First Question:

In the forms of my contacts, I have a number of comboboxes (that you have seen privately in the form I sent you), so is there a way to put a few of those comboxes that I created in the form of the contacts (which has a droplist etc.) in the P2 of the Task form? I figured out I could copy the combobox from the contact form and past it to the P2 of the Task Form, and it shows up. So is there a way that whenever I create an assigned task to that contact, whatever is in the combobox of the contact shows up automatically in the combobox of task? And/or is there a macro that does that instead?

Second Question:

I published my new form with the new P2 as as form to the Personal Libriary (just like the contact form) and made it the default form for the task folder, but, when I open up a contact, and click on "assign task" it does not use my new default form showing the contact name at the bottom of the task form. So how do I create an assigment task to a contact (I highight in a list of contacts or open up the contact, so it uses my new form?

Thanks so much as this will heavily update how you remember to do things relative to each contact and I will see the list on my Task area.

And Third Question:

How do I assign a task to the contact, but not have it send an email to that contact.?

Fourth Question:

I found a way to put the command "new task" as a icon on the quick access bar.......and when I click on it, it runs the new task form, but does not put the contact name at the buttom of the task....

So is there a way to do this as well?

Thanks so much.

It already shows the contact linking enabled, so my questions are still the same. Thanks much.

So you want to select a contact and click new task and have the contact linked to the task? You need to use a macro to do that - if you do assign task from the contact, you can unassign it (Cancel Assignment) and it should keep the contact linked. (This works for meetings too - start a meeting with a contact, then cancel to turn it into an appointment instead.)

Yes. By selecting or opening the contact and creating a new task with the contact linked to it, make sure that there is no automatic email to that contact.

Can you give me the macro again as your earlier ones were great!

I don't have one handy, but Outlook 2007 has the New task with contact command when a contact is selected - you don't need a macro. It's under actions > create > or you can add it to the toolbar for direct access when a contact is selected.

I don't see it for the QAT, but you can use Assign Task in the ribbon - that just links the contact (same as New task with contact) - if you want to assign it (email it), you do so from the task.

If you don't see the email fields, it won't be sent.

I don't understand where the New Tak is with the contact command when then contact is selected. Where is "actions, create" re the contact?

And to clarify, unless it shows with the To bar and the email address, it does not send out the email correct?

And last, did you think you thru the areas of the combobox questions I had in creating the form?

I found out out to put it on the toolbar, but how can find it to put it on the quick access bar insie the contact please?

Hopefully this won't be too confusing with both shots in one screenshot - right click on the contact, choose Create, then New Task to contact. It's also on the Actions menu.

For easier access, you can add the command to the toolbar - right click on the toolbar area, choose Customize then look under Actions category - drag it to a toolbar. (You can make a new toolbar on the Toolbars tab if you want.)

taskto-contact.png

You'll see when you do this, the contact is listed in the linking field. It will not be sent unless you click Assign task in the Task form. Then the To row comes up with it addressed to the person.

- - - Updated - - -

No, i haven't had a chance to look at the other part yet, I had a bunch of things dumped on my desk I need to clear off first (because it think its a more complicated problem).

Thank you and look forward to hearing back re the combobox situation.

Also, is there a way to put the New Task to Contact on the quick access bar in the contact itself as I can't find it in the areas you can to it as a shortcut?

And to make clear the Assign Task on the top of the contact itself, opens up the task, adds the contact to the bottom field, no email unless you take the next step, but, most important, the Assign Task does not use my new form of the Task, which as the other fields with it re my combobox's ......so that's the problem inside the contact itself, not jut hightlighing it outside on the list, as inside the contact I have t add more information to my fields etc.

So can we fix this by any chance?

oh, yes, it may not work with a custom form - you'll need vba. to add the contact to the links collection of the task form.

So I will wait back to hear from you re what macro to use to make that happen inside the contact. Correct?

And the combobox areas I mentioned above, if you can add that concept to the same macro, send that macro creates the task with the contact, and adds the correct information from the combobox's in the contact to the same comboboxes in the task form. Hope that makes sense.

And if the first level is just the macro to add the contact link, and we add the other areas later, that would be great to hear back right away.

Thanks so much as usual!!

And the New Task For Contact does not use my new form either. It uses the original Outlook form. So that needs to be fixed so each way, the New Task and the Assgined Task are using my form. This is important as I need to use my form.

Nope, only answers that are simple and don't require much thinking got answered. :)

Got it. Will wait to hear back from the Smart Woman!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.