Searching for text in Contact notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwweb

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I just upgraded to Office 2013. I have an Outlook contact where I have a ton of information stored in the Notes area of the contact. I used to be able to use Find to locate information in this field more easily. I can not find a plain find for text within a field anywhere in teh toolbar or options. There is a contact find, an email message find, etc.

In 2010, I added the find to my quick launch area, but non of the command options seem to do what I want. CTRL-F creates a new mail message instead of doing a find.

Thanks.

Ann

I found my own answer. Although I still don't know how to do it in the "People" view, in the List view, when I open a contact, I have my "Find" that I like and it works as I think it should for finding text within a note.

It would still be nice to know how to do it in People view. Neither F4, nor Ctrl-F work.

I would switch out of people view and use business card view instead.

Ctrl+F is Forward when you are in the main outlook interface. F3 puts the cursor in the Search field and it should find contents of the notes field - if the contact is in the current folder. The people view matches duplicate contacts a in other contact folders and combines the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T searching for attachments that have a certain "text" in the name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Short term workaround for when Outlook searching stopped functioning Using Outlook 0
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
V vBA for searching a cell's contents in Outlook and retrieving the subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
geoffnoakes Outlook 2016 Searching based on CreationTime Using Outlook 3
P Searching tasks that are archived Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Searching for Custom Flags Using Outlook 3
B Searching for a Add-In Using Outlook 3
J Searching message folder in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
R Problem with searching public folders Exchange 2013/16 Exchange Server Administration 2
C Outlook 2016: Searching in all (+public) folders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
Diane Poremsky Searching for Outlook Items in Windows Using Outlook 0
M Searching multiple folders Using Outlook 6
W Searching Flagged Email Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
E Searching a Shared Outlook Mailbox from the start menu? Using Outlook 4
Rijotech Fast searching from:name and date Using Outlook 3
S Searching contacts across GAL and local address book at same time Using Outlook 1
M Searching for categories not in the master category list Using Outlook 3
P Searching By Contact Categories Using Outlook 0
B Searching OWA Additional Mailbox - in which Secondary folder is the email? Using Outlook 1
R searching a not function Using Outlook 2
R Searching emails sent/recieved on a specific date. Using Outlook 2
M Searching Outllook 2010 shared contacts from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
G CTRL-E is not searching I-cloud contacts Using Outlook 2
M Jolly characters in Outlook 2007 searching Using Outlook 3
E Does Outlook 2010 support searching multiple .pst files simultaneously? Using Outlook 0
D searching Outlook 2010 Calendar Using Outlook 1
X outlook 2007 error when searching Using Outlook 7
D Searching for Data in a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
J PSA: How to create custom keyboard shortcut for "Paste Unformatted Text" in Outlook on Windows Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
O Replace hard returns with soft returns on selected text and button to QAT Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 365 Emails showing as links and text only Using Outlook 4
R How to force Outlook to use plain text in notes for Contacts? Using Outlook 1
J Text icon in Quick Access toolbar ? Using Outlook 2
S New Outlook Appointment - Select All Body Text and Change Font and Size Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L did MS ever add way to text via Outlook Using Outlook 5
B Outlook 365 Populate Outlook Task UDFs from a UDF text string Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
BartH Add a string to the conditions in .Conditions.BodyOrSubject.Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S HTML to Plain Text Macro - Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Unable to extract text from an Outlook email message Using Outlook 2
T Original email text not shown when replying or forwarding the email. Using Outlook 9
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
P Forwarding emails issue with special characters replacing text body Using Outlook 1